Come and escape to this beautiful private lakefront retreat in Watersmeet, Michigan. Situated on a peninsula with your own private 180-degree views of the bay. Expect incredible sunrises and sunsets that will absolutely take your breath away! You can be assured of peace and tranquility while watching the loons, eagles, otter and deer parade by in their natural splendor.
Surrounded by the majestic Ottawa National Forest on the famous Lac Vieux Desert Lake- a 4,200-acre class A fishing lake. This property is set on an extremely private 3.3-acre parcel, where peace, quiet, and seclusion await you. No resorts or neighbors nearby! With 4 warm and cozy bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and enough sleeping accommodations for up to 12 guests. This home is a great size, and layout for multiple families or groups traveling together. You and your family and friends will have plenty of room to spread out over 2,800-square-feet of comfortable living space, featuring rustic north woods decor, a nice open floor plan, and expansive windows throughout the dining and living room to admire the gorgeous lake views. The large dining room table seats 10 for enjoyable family gatherings. Spend fun evenings and rainy days at home in the game room, which offers a bar, refrigerator, flat screen TV, pool table, ping pong table, and dartboard, to keep you entertained during your downtime. Outdoor features include a large deck with table and chairs, gas BBQ grill, lakeside campfire pit with firewood, volleyball/badminton net, basketball court, horseshoe pit, and 370 feet of awesome lake frontage, with your own private sandy beach. The flat lot offers easy access to the lake, and you’ll find great fishing off the massive 90-foot private dock! An aluminum boat, canoe, fish cleaning station, and clothes line are also available for your use, and life vests, floats and water toys, yard games, and plenty of camp chairs are provided!
Even though you may want to spend your time simply sitting back and relaxing, you’ll find an abundance of fun activities within very close proximity of the house. From the front yard, you can enjoy immediate access to fishing or canoeing, and the nearby snowmobile trails are accessible right off the lakefront - No need to drive anywhere to access the trail! In the area, the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Chippewa offers a beautiful casino complex with gambling, bingo, golf, and a good restaurant. The annual Indian Pow- Wow is held at the nearby Indian Village. Bond Falls is a short drive away and is a local favorite. If you’re interested in the nearby Paulding Mystery Light, Sylvania Wilderness Area, canoe or boat rentals, cross-country skiing, the Watersmeet Trout Hatchery, or the Ottawa National Forest Visitor Center, you will find information regarding these attractions inside the cabin. Within an hour’s drive, you can see the Old Victoria Mining Community, Caledonia Mine, Lake of the Clouds, Little Girl’s Point, multiple downhill ski hills, ski jumping areas, and many scenic drives. This house is the perfect central base to experience the entire western Upper Peninsula! CLEANING FEES ARE REDUCED TO $150.00 FOR 3 NIGHT STAYS IN OFF PEAK RATE PERIOD
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable pillow-top beds, large deck, massive 90-foot dock, gas BBQ grill, volleyball/badminton net, basket ball court and 370 feet of lake frontage with private sandy beach
- A 12-foot aluminum boat with oars, canoe, life vests, camp chairs, and many other outdoor supplies are provided!
- Extremely private, tranquil setting on the Lac Vieux Desert with close proximity to numerous activities and attractions
- Deck/Patio: Is off the great room and kitchen which overlooks the lakefront. The deck has a BBQ grill, patio table with umbrella, covered cushioned glider swing. The patio has a picnic table.
- Lawn: Large flat area for games and fun, horseshoe pit, volleyball net, basketball net is on the driveway.
- Kitchen: Open concept kitchen with new modern stainless steel appliances, one refrigerator and microwave in the kitchen and one of each in the downstairs bar. Well stocked kitchen/pantry, guests are welcome to use any items we have in the pantry or spice cabinet.
- The property also includes a volleyball/badminton net, basketball hoop, and a dartboard.
- The shallow waters in front of the house offer a fantastic place for children to swim and play!
- Master Bedroom (Moose Hollow): Queen-sized pillow top Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Oak Leaf Retreat): Queen-sized pillow top Bed
- Bedroom 3 (Wilderness Suite): Queen-sized pillow top Bed
- Bedroom 4 (Eagles Nest Bunkhouse): 2 sets of Twin-over-Twin Bunk Beds and 1 set of double over double bunk beds.
- No smoking
- Owner provides and requires a signed rental agreement before entering the property.
- Pet friendly- $100.00 per dog, dogs only. PET FEES ARE $100.00 PER PET. LIMIT OF 2 PETS PER RESERVATION.
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional cleaning fee and taxes apply/CLEANING FEES ARE REDUCED TO $150.00 FOR 3 NIGHT STAYS IN OFF PEAK RATE PERIOD
- $20/night extra person fee for each guest over 8
- No large gatherings or parties allowed; unless agreed upon by owner. If you're found violating this agreement the renter can be evicted without a refund.