Apartment with Stunning Views Over Tropea & Great Infinity Pool
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
With breathtaking views, the apartment is part of the Marasusa holiday village, the ideal base for families and couples. Perched on the top of a hill in Paraghelia (3 min. drive to Tropea) overlooking the old town of Tropea you can sit on the balcony of the apartment and witness panoramic views of the Tyrrhenian Sea, the Aeolian Islands and a breathtaking sunset. Many regard Tropea as Italy’s best kept secret, no wonder the Sunday Times named it as its top beach holiday destination. The apartment offers a relaxing oasis of peace set amongst beautiful flowers and plants but you are still only just a few minutes away from the sandy beaches, restaurants, bars and bustling narrow streets of Tropea. Facilities include a beautiful shared infinity swimming pool, jacuzzi, shallow pool area for children, sun beds and showers. The apartment is air conditioned and sleeps up to 4 people.
Things to do: •The Lipari or Aeolian Islands -Several firms offer excursions to the Lipari Islands, also known as the Aeolian Islands, which include the volcanic island of Stromboli.•Diving and snorkelling - Calabria offers one of the best diving areas in the Italian Mediterranean. This is mainly due to the geological characteristics typical of the diving areas south of Tropea. The marina has several diving schools.•Sailing & Windsurfing - Again there are schools in Tropea with courses which include catamaran-sailing and windsurfing for beginners as well as for advanced students.•Fishing - There are numerous companies offering deep sea fishing trips. •History and Culture - Calabria is a region of ancient Mediterranean culture and it is the place from which Italy derives its name. Accordingly there any many historical buildings and sites to visit in the region. Walking Holidays - Calabria is an area of outstanding national beauty and has not only beautiful beaches but beautiful mountains.
Travel: • The airport 'Lamezia Terme is located just 54.9 km (about 45 minutes drive) from the apartment. Cars are available to rent at the airport from all of the major companies and although can be booked on the spot it is cheaper to book in advance. For the best deals use a comparison site.
• Fly to Lamezia Terme Airport - more and more tour operators and ‘low cost airlines’ are including Calabria in their programme every year, meaning the area is always becoming more accessible.
• Ryanair provide direct flights to Lamezia from London, Dusseldorf, Paris, Barcelona, Stockholm, Milian, Piza and Trapani.
• From the UK - Ryanair offers direct flights to Lamezia fom London Stansted, Monarch has direct flights from London Gatwick Airport . A number of Regional airports in the UK fly to Milian, Rome, Pisa, Bologna from where internal flights are available or Tropea can be reached by car/train. This is ideally suited for a two centre holiday (city+beach).
• From Germany - Lamezia can be reached from 17 German airports via Air Berlin. German Wings offers direct flights from Cologne/Bonn and Stuttgart. TuiFly have flights from 9 cities across German. Ryanair have flights from Dusseldorf
• From Italy - Lamezia can be reached by a number of airlines (including Ryan Air and Easyjet) from Milian, Rome, Pisa and Bologna. It is also possible to reach the region by train.
• From Holand & Belgium Transavia offers direct flights from Amsterdam, whilst Jetairfly offers inexpensive direct flights from Brussels (May –Sept).
• From Switzerland -Direct flights from Zurich to Lamezia are operated by Helvetic Airways. and Swiss Air. Air Berlin fly from Zurich and Basel.
• From Canada - there are flights during the peak season from Toronto to Lamezia with sky service airlines and Air Canada
• From Russia - Sky Express fly from Moscow to Lamezia
• From Austria - Air Berlin & German Wings fly from Vienna to Lamezia
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2009
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - also contains a fold up bed that is ideal for a child. Bedroom 2 - has a good quality double sofa bed, situated in the dining room/lounge area. Bed linen is supplied and included in the price. A cot can be hired at for Euro 25. The complex also has a launderette with washing machines and tumble dryers....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Holiday Resort
- Coin Laundry
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Beach Chairs
- Gated Community
- Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Spa Whirlpool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov - March
Nov 1 - Mar 31, 2017
5 night min stay
May 1 - May 31, 2017
5 night min stay
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2017
5 night min stay
Jul 1 - Jul 21, 2017
5 night min stay
Jul 22 - Aug 31, 2017
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $126.86
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
Our prices include full use of facilities, utilities (including air con), bed linen, towels and a final clean, no hidden extras.
All major credit cards accepted.
A cot and cot linen can be hired for Euro 25 per booking.
The complex also provides a launderette with washing machines and tumble dryers (additional cost).
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Calabria has mile upon mile of sandy beaches and rocky coves. The beaches are among the most stunning you will see! Like you've gone long haul but without the flight! The apartment resides in a prime location in the Marasusa holiday village, making it the perfect base to take advantage of the stunning coast line.
Probably the most famous of all towns in Calabria is that of Tropea and no visit to the region would be complete without witnessing the impressive view of the church of Santa Maria dell'Isola, the award winning beach and old town. Perched on top of a hill in Paraghelia the apartment offers a tranquil setting but you are still only just a few minutes away from the restaurants, bars and bustling narrow streets of Tropea. From the marina visit the Volcanic island of Stromboli. Paragellia also has its own beautiful beach, small village atmosphere and train station from where you can take the coastline train to the city of Reggio Calabria or even take the ferry to Sicily.
Other Activities: Golf - 30 mins drive.
Golf: The closest golf course is the Feudo Montalto Golf Club in Limbadi, a small town 25km south of Tropea (30 minutes drive). The course lays among orange and olive trees. In spring (April-May), you will be surrounded by the smell of orange flowers, and autumn-winter, you can refresh yourself by picking an orange from the trees. Weather conditions in the region allow you to play every month of the year.
Ski: It's amazing but true, that you can ski this far south, probably the most southerly resort in mainland Europe is Gambarie in Aspromonte a small ski resort with just 4 ski lifts (2 chair lifts, 2 surface lifts) but it does boast a very impressive 670 metres (2198 feet) of vertical descent. Gambarie in Aspromonte has 5 pistes. The Ski resort is 100km away from Tropea.
The stunning infinity swimming pool
Watch the sun set from the terrace
Inside dinning area. TV, digital channels and DVD
The children's pool
Tropea Beach and the church of Santa Maria
View over pool towards apartment (green parasol)
View of the apartment (green parasol)
Wine shop in Parghelia
Tropea Marina, from where boat trips depart
From the balcony watch the sun set & boats return & Stromboli in the distance
View over pool into the sun
New modern kitchen
Tropea Beach and town
Living room with new sofa bed. Stereo with docking station.
View across pool of sun set
View from apartment out to sea and over Tropea
The jacuzzi and swimming pool
Small beach in Pargehlia
In the evening wander the narrow streets of Tropea
View over Tropea
Watch the sun set behind Stromboli
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM