Luxury Pine Cabin on 30 Wooded Acres. 1 Mi. from Carbondale, Il & Siuc Campus(28 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Beautiful knotty pine interior cabin w/fireplace & 1 bedroom in the woods
there is a minimum of 3 days for all holidays and SIU events weekends must be booked together additional fee for a Friday or sat. (1night) SOLAR ECLIPSE RATES ARE FLAT FEE OF $2000 FOR 4 NIGHTS AND 4 PERSONS.Cabin 3 is a one bedroom all pine cabin with a 3/4 bath, washer and dryer, a real wood fireplace, stereo, & satellite-TV (all channels except pay-per-view). Everything is furnished except your personal items. I live on the property and if anything is needed i will provide it. Fishing and canoeing are available at the pond just down the hill from the cabin. Small beach for swimming - use at your discretion. There is an outdoor fire pit and a wood deck. A gas grill is available (I provide the gas) charcoal grill available if you provide the charcoal. KEY WORDS: Southern Illinois Cabins for rent, cabin rentals in southern illinois, Southern Illinois cabin Rentals, giant city state park cabins, southern illinois lodging, southern illinois bed and breakfast, southern illinois vacation rentals, southern illinois wineries, southern illinois cabin rentals, cabins southern illinois, rental cabins southern illinois, garden of the gods illinois cabin, lodging southern illinois, Southern IL Cabin near Shawnee National Forest, Giant city cabin rentals, cabin close to carbondale il, Cabins on Southern Il Wine trail, lodging close to SIU, Southern Illinois House Cabin, cabin rental located in Southern Illinois, vacation rental cabins bordering Shawnee National Forest, Vacation Rental Cabins in Southern Illinois, Cabin rental in Southern Illinois's Shawnee national forest, Southern Illinois Wine Trail, Southern IL Cabin on Wine Trail
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- 1 bedroom 12x12. Futon available in living room.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Shower, sink & toilet
- Cabin 3 sits at the end of a 30 acre parcel of wooded acres. It is on a dead-end road with no thru traffic. There are deer, turkey, possum, raccoon and many other forms of wildlife. It's great for nature & forest lovers. CABIN BY THE POND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES YOU OCCUR WHILE STAYING AT THE CABINS...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
solar eclipse (4nights 4 ind
Aug 18 - Aug 21, 2017
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Tax Rate 11%
* Weeknights - $125 per night + 11% tax (2 night minimum or $25 surcharge for single night)
* Weekend nights -$150 per night + 11% tax (2 night minimum stay or $25 surcharge for single night)
* For extended stays rates are negotiable. 3 night minimum for SIU events, and all holidays and hunting seasons
* SIU Parents Weekend, Homecoming Weekend, Graduations, DuQuion State Fair Weekends, and major holidays (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc) require a three night stay MINIMUM (contact us to request exceptions).
* CABIN MUST BE LEFT IN THE CONDITION THAT YOU FOUND IT WHEN YOU ARRIVED. IF THE CABIN IS LEFT IN DISARRAY OR THERE ARE DAMAGED ITEMS YOU WILL BE CHARGED.
* We also have a 2015 RV that sleeps four available for rent. Call 618-924-3100 for information.
* Please call 618-924-3100 with any questions.
* Cabin by the Pond LLC is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or death occurring while staying at the cabins. You swim at your own risk. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT BEING TAKEN AT THIS TIME AND FEES HAVE NOT BEEN ESTABLISHE FOR THE 2017 SOLAR ECLIPSE. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ME REGARDING THE SOLAR ECLIPSE DATES.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cabin by the Pond Is located within 15 miles Of 12 wineries on the Shawnee Wine Trail. Giant City State Park is seven miles south with 80 foot rock bluffs, an excellent dining room, rock-climbing & hiking trails. Little Grand Canyon is ten Miles to the east. There are four lakes within eight miles for swimming, fishing, skiing, diving and boating. Lake Kinkaid is 15 miles west for fishing and water-skiing. Arnold's Market, a country grocery, is two miles from cabin with local produce & an excellent meat department. A farmer's market is available in town on Saturdays. The campus of Southern Illinois University, is just minutes away (1 mile) & downtown Carbondale, IL is five minutes away. The cabin is located on 30 wooded acres with two ponds. No fishing license is required on property. Blacktop drive with plenty of parking. A Dungeons And Dragons themed kids park is minutes away, free to the public.
Year Purchased: 1995
Why the Owner Chose Carbondale, IL, USA:
Property is on 30 wooded acres 1/2 mile from city limits, 1 mile from Southern Illinois University campus. No thru-traffic and very private wooded grounds.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
real creek rock fireplace wood can be provided sattellite tv, dvd player, movies upon request, vintage 1970's pinball, outdoor fire pit no thru traffic.
- Primary: 618 924 3100
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful knotty pine interior, stylishly decorated.
Vintage pinball machine
Beautiful cabin with everything provided.
Picture window with forest view.
Local stained glass art.
Cabin in the woods.
Pond for fishing and canoeing.
CEDAR LAKE 5 MILES FROM CABIN
Everything is here just bring yourself!
Beautiful wood interior. Ceiling fan, entertainment system.
Antique queen size brass bed.
Fully-equipped kitchen with all essentials. Stained-glass window.
Fireplace and spot lighting.
Wood deck with forest view.
Kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
pond for fishing and canoeing
FIREPLACE WITH WOOD SUPPLY
BLUFFS ON CEDAR LAKE 5 MILES FROM CABIN
LOOKOUT POINT ON CEDAR LAKE 5 MILES FROM CABIN
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, February 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.