Buchon Cottage--in the Heart of Historic Downtown(25 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
100-year Old Cottage In Historic Neighborhood--3 Minute Walk to Downtown
What Do You Guys Do In San Luis Obispo?
• Walk around the Thursday Night Farmer’s Market
which supports our farm-to-table culinary lifestyle
• Go wine-tasting at over 200 wineries in the area
including Paso Robles now being touted as the next
• Take a kayak out into Morro Bay
• Visit beautiful Avila Beach and soak in mineral hot
• Drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and see Cayucos, a beach town where time has stood still since the 50s, and Cambria, where a forest of old pine trees meets the craggy coastline. Further up the road you’ll find Hearst Castle and a beach filled with giant elephant seals at the start of California’s world famous Big Sur which ends in Carmel and Monterey
• Drive down Highway 101 and visit Pismo Beach, old town Arroyo Grande, or all the way to Santa Barbara
• If you’re fit and love the outdoors, there are endless opportunities for cycling, surfing, golfing, kayaking, and playing in the sand dunes. And hiking is our specialty. From the ancient volcanoes of the Nine Sisters to Montaña de Oro State Park, you will find hikes for all levels of fitness
How’s The Weather?
• So glad you asked. San Luis Obispo enjoys a pleasant Mediterranean climate all year with an average of 315 days of sunshine and average temperatures in the high 70s and low 80s in the Summer and high 60s in the Winter
About Buchon Cottage
This 100 year old house could not possibly be in a better location. In less than a 5-minute walk you are in the center of downtown with all the restaurants, bars, and cafes you would ever want. Buchon Street is clearly the most attractive neighborhood in town, lined with restored Victorian and Craftsman homes, many with historical designation. You can leave the car at home if you just want to kick back and enjoy the town as the Amtrak station is just a short walk away.
While the exterior retains its vintage look, the interior is a blend of traditional and contemporary styles. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you need for gourmet or casual cooking.
The living room features a 50 inch plasma TV and an awesome audio-visual system. The bedroom features a platform California King bed with a Tempur-Pedic mattress and also has a flat screen and DVD player. The sitting room has a workstation and a futon which opens to a queen bed.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 916 sq. ft.
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Cleaning Fee $100
Monthly rental period begins on the 1st of each month.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: I retired 20 years ago and am now a full time world traveler but always return to SLO-Town when I circle around to this part of the globe. This photo, taken in Alberobello, Italy, is me with my 3 loves--my 2 beautiful daughters and my '76 Westfalia Bus.
Why the Owner Chose Old Town Historic District, San Luis Obispo, CA, USA:
I have been coming to SLO for many years and renting small historic homes and always wanted to have my own. After watching the very few old homes that occasionally pop up on the market for years I saw 885 Buchon and knew it was the one. It needed lots of work but I thoroughly enjoyed the remodeling process, with more to come in the near future. The location and proximity to downtown was a major factor for me, as I would much rather walk than drive.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Location is the number one benefit of Buchon Cottage. To be able to stroll a few minutes and be in the center of downtown SLo whether for the Farmers Market or a night out dining is a pleasure.
- Primary: 805-459-2844
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Buchon Cottage--Older Than She Looks
Living Area Open to Kitchen
California King Tempur-Pedic Bed
Queen Futon in Sunroom
Historic Homes in the Neighborhood
Bright and Airy Living and Dining Space
Newly Remodeled Kitchen
Workstation in Sunroom
Buchon Cottage--Built in 1915
Fruit Trees and Vegie Garden
Thursday Night Farmers Market
Historic Homes in the Neighborhood
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, March 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.