Escape to this incredible casita in The Land of Enchantment!! Located at the gateway to the Organ Mountain Desert Peaks National Monument, this little gem is situated on a private compound. The space is great for couples, solo travelers, hikers/bikers (road and mountain), business travelers, photographers, artists and small families.
This luxury one story, one bedroom casita offers southern New Mexican charm all the way around! The apartment has a roomy, but cozy living area, breakfast nook, large bedroom with king sized bed, its own pull-through enclosed garage, laundry room and complete kitchen! It has its own back porch that shares the yard with the main house. The walls are painted in various colorful tones that complement the use of talavera tiles that are prevalent in the area. There are gorgeous views of the Organ Mountain Desert Peaks National Monument (to the east) from the living room and adjacent porch; while views to the west will provide striking sunsets over the Tortugas Mountain and the city just below.
Additionally, the casita property is located adjacent to the Organ Mountain Desert Peaks National Monument, as well as in an area near to Aguirre Springs area, Baylor Canyon, Dripping Springs, Fillmore Canyon, Soledad Canyon and Tortugas (A Mountain) trails. At the casita as well as these popular trails be prepared to spot a variety of wildlife, including: coyotes, deer, bob cats, roadrunners, bunnies and much more!
Local dining and shopping venues are just a short drive away; you will want to spend some time at the Mesilla plaza and partake of the local cuisine and shops.
The casita is attached to the main house of which is shared with one other home in a gated compound. The compound boasts 65 acres of beautiful, scenic desert and natural landscaping. Enjoy infinite mountain views, breathtaking sunsets and sunrises, and amazing starry nights! The property has a paved trail where guests can enjoy walking or jogging. The casita also has an enclosed one car, pull through garage. Guests will be provided access to the garage upon arrival to the casita. Although the casita is attached to the main house the common doorway remains locked at all times during the guest(s) stay to allow for privacy for the homeowner and guests alike. However, the hosts will be just one text away if she/he is needed by the guest.
• The casita comes with wi-fi and Netflix
• The hosts are avid cyclists and there are several group rides through the weekday mornings and also every Saturday morning. If you are interested in joining the group or want information about where to ride, the host will be happy to provide information about cycling in the area.
• The main bedroom has a king size bed and the living room has a sofa sleeper that can accommodate a couple or two small children.
• The entire casita is accessible for handicap or elderly individuals (no step doorways, handicap rails in the bathroom and large, no step shower.
• Enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine