When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Sursum Corda is designed for small groups to enjoy the beauty of the Washington coast in simple, comfortable accommodations. The facility includes a large patio and a 30ft. yurt and forest walking trails. You can drive onto the beach 2 miles south or take a short walk through the dunes. Copalis Beach is the razor clam capital of the world and there is great fishing nearby as well. We are located just north of Ocean Shores, WA, which offers shopping, entertainment and the Quinault Beach Casino.
There are 22 beds in total: 1 quad, 1 triple, 4 double rooms and 7 singles on two floors. The building includes a spacious kitchen, Living room/dining area, a media center with internet and wide-screen TV and a small library.
Carol Guenther, M.Div., is the owner and director of Sursum Corda. After working in church ministry for 23 years, this retreat center is her dream come true! She loves groups of all kinds to come and use the space for rest, relaxation and retreat.
Carol Guenther purchased this lodge in 2012
Sursum Corda is a latin phrase that means 'Lift Up Your Hearts'. This quiet location on the Washington Coast is the perfect place for a family reunion or beach vacation, a company retreat or small group gathering space. The natural beauty of the area is sure to lift the hearts of all who spend time there.
Sursum Corda is a simple, comfortable and spacious facility for small groups of all kinds. Whether you come to work or play, rest or recreate, you will be inspired by the natural beauty of the area.
It was a great place and we are very pleased with the way staff has helped us on site. We enjoyed the 3 days trip with our large group and cherished the memories. Thanks Carol and Jon!!
The space was wonderful. The grandkids had fun picking out which bedroom to sleep in. The beds were very comfortable and we slept great. However, the place needs a good cleaning. There were spiders in corners, in the bedrooms and the sinks. Big spiders. The down stairs shower drain was plugged and dirty, which we had to clean ourselves. Yuck! The kitchen utensils are old and need replaced. The kitchen drawers need cleaned out as they smell bad. We are not totally writing it off as we made the best of it. The fire pit is great for sitting around and making smores. If cleaner I would recommend highly. You should not leave used soap in the showers as no one wants to use a stranger's bar of soap.
This was an excellent location for our group of 18 Girl Scouts and 12 adults. We were able to fit all the girls upstairs and adults downstairs. Plenty of room throughout the house so we never felt crowded. We didn't have any septic issues which was a relief. Kitchen could use some new appliances but more importantly, if you plan to cook for a small army, perhaps plan to pack some of your own cooking necessities (electric griddle, skillet, cookie sheets, etc). We were able to cook it just wasn't efficient for a large group, the oven is also small. The home was clean and well kept, the property is gorgeous. Home does have WiFi but cell reception was spotty and only available outside. The caretakers were really nice and we still felt like we had complete privacy. The beach across the street was wonderful and I think everyone found their own complete sand dollar! Wish we would have made time to hike the trails on the property (it was in the plan but didn't happen). We had a great trip that created a lifetime of memories and a huge part of the success was the space we had while staying here.
Awesome spot for our big group with lots of kids! Has everything we need. Lots of upgrades since last year. Only suggestion would be to spray for spiders. There are some huge ones!
Sursum Corda is a perfect place for big family gatherings. We would like to thank Carol and her staff for opening this home for others to enjoy. Great place, great location. Kids had a great time. We had a BLAST!
- The resident managers Jon & Liz were awesome. They were very helpful and informative. Very approachable.
- Spacious layout. Our group had room to spare. Probably could sleep 30 easily. The kids used the lower level of the driveway to play. It was perfect because they never had to leave the property and they can be seen by the adults upstairs. It's that HUGE!
-Lots of entertainment downstairs. The library and media room was perfect for our kids as they were not bored at all. The internet made it easy for them to use their devices and stream movies on the 60" TV. Nice touch on the X-box.
- The kitchen had all the tools you need to host a big group or party. Pots, pans, servers, peeler, bottle opener, cooking spray, spices, utensils, etc. I was impressed about the quantity of different glassware Carol has. We brought our own just in case, but never had to use them. Being the bartender of the group, this was a huge plus!
- Appliances were great. Full size fridge to store all the drinks and food we brought. A separate chest freezer was perfect for all the bags of ice and ice cream. Can't have drinks without ice. Washer and dryer was also a plus.
- The patio with the fire pit was the most popular hang out for our group. The gas grill was used a lot as we have a grill master in our group. At night the kids would join the adults to make Smores. Unlimited firewood on site. Best feature of the house!
- Comfortable beds. Some of us in our group slept better than their kids.
MINOR DETAILS / SUGGESTIONS:
- No toilet paper in stock. Since this house is on a septic system, TP is the only thing permitted to flush down the toilets. With 6 bathrooms & a big group, they run out pretty fast. This was never an issue in other cabins we rented. Luckily each family brought a couple of rolls.
- Changing of bed sheets. This was also a first for our group. Usually we just strip the sheets and leave it on the bed. But changing them?
-Internet wi-fi only works on the lower level. There should be another modem upstairs on the main floor. The wi-fi does not get pass the kitchen. Since cellular service is spotty at Copalis, having a solid wi-fi could make it easier to make emergency calls/keep in touch if needed.
- Stove & Oven upgrade
It was great having the whole place to ourselves. Onsite caretaker was super available for any needs and we enjoyed having the fire pit and outdoors and grounds. It's a quarter mile walk to beach and Copalis is not an amazing place to visit but Lake Quinalt nearby was gorgeous.
We are a short walk to the beach! Come visit on a clam tide and see Copalis Beach in action!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
For stays five nights or longer, the price reduces to $500/night weekdays only