Formerly a Hilton Resort, the Kauai Beach Resort is a magnificent 25-acre oceanfront luxury resort on a secluded 3-mile stretch of Kauai’s eastern Coconut Coast. Just minutes from the Lihue Airport, the resort is central to shopping, championship golf, a myriad of island activities, and all of Kauai's natural treasures.
Enjoy lounging around the swimming pools, soaking in one of the whirlpool spas, or take a walk on the beautiful beach. Fine dining and exotic drinks await you at quaint restaurants and bars, one of which is poolside. Whether you're looking for adventure, romance, or relaxation, this is an amazing centrally located resort!
After undergoing an $18 Million renovation years ago, the hotel rooms were converted to individually owned "condotels", most of which are offered to the public through the resort or online travel sites at retail prices. However, a select few are offered on VRBO at owner-direct rates with full privileges to the resort’s amenities! Our unit is a great location with views of the pools, the lush landscaping, and the ocean beyond.
KAUAI BEACH RESORT AMENITIES
• 4 swimming pools, including 2 lagoon pools, 75-ft lava tube slide, & kid-friendly sand bottom pool.
• Two whirlpool spas, one amidst a stone grotto and surrounded by lush ferns and an exotic waterfall.
• Three restaurants offer a large variety of dining options from essential to exotic menus.
• Want breakfast in bed? Room service is also available.
• Poolside gazebo & bar (no shirt or shoes required!).
• FREE WiFi access in lobby, restaurants, bars, and now even the pool areas!
• Live outdoor Hawaiian entertainment.
• Boutique Spa and Fitness Center offering sauna, spa treatments, massages, and fitness equipment.
• Activities and tour desk.
• Guest laundry & dry cleaning.
• Car rental agency.
• ATM, convenience store, and vending machines.
OUR UNIT'S AMENITIES (#2334)
• Private lanai with an ocean and pool view, as well as the lush tropical landscaping.
• King size Serenity bed and Ottoman that can sleep a child.
• 50” flat screen TV with local and extended channels.
• FREE High speed wired or WiFi access (previously $12.95 /day).
• Counter-height 3.5 cubic ft. fridge for your fruit, soda pop, wine, ice cream, etc.
• In-room safe, blow dryer, ironing board.
• Complimentary Kona coffee and tea.
• Bathroom outfitted with granite vanity and travertine tile.
• A convenient writing desk with 2 chairs.
• Cooler, beach mats, and foldable chairs for your outings.
OPTIONAL SERVICES (Paid directly to resort)
• $25 / day parking fee for full valet service or self park.
• $20 / day for Roll-away bed or child's crib.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT POLICY
• Check-in time is 3:00 PM / Check-out time is 12:00 PM (noon).
• Please note that daily maid service is not included when renting direct through VRBO. The check-out cleaning fee included in your payment to VRBO covers cleaning / re-stocking the condo after your stay. This is generally sufficient for the typical 3 - 5 day stay.
• For stays 7 days, and for each successive 7-day stay, a ($75) mid-stay cleaning is performed at the OWNER'S EXPENSE. .
FAQs - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS THIS A CONDO OR A HOTEL ROOM?
Both, sort of. Since the resort was previously a Hilton hotel, the units appear like hotel rooms. However, they are in fact privately owned “condotels”. The resort operates very much like a luxury hotel though, and most guests are not aware that the units are privately owned.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RENTING ON VRBO VS. THE RESORT OR TRAVEL AGENCIES?
Mainly price, but also maid service. Renting direct through VRBO usually saves you a lot of money; however, daily maid service is not included. The check out cleaning fee takes care of cleaning and re-stocking the unit after you leave. We pay for your mid-week cleaning and re-stocking of the unit for stays of 7 days or longer, and for each successive 7-day period.
DO ALL THE UNITS HAVE A VIEW OF THE OCEAN?
No. While our unit does have a view of the pool area and ocean beyond from the lanai, there are other units that are “Mountain View” or “Lagoon View”, and some face the fields next to the property. In the buildings that are perpendicular to the ocean, the lanais are cleverly slanted to face toward the ocean. If you want to see the Google Maps layout of the resort, use the following link: https://goo.gl/maps/CpErJhbDTnm. You can then select the satellite view to see it from above, or even see the street view imagery! ** Note that the Kauai Beach Resort is comprised of the buildings around the swimming pools. The buildings on the other side of the lagoons are the Kauai Beach Villas.
DOES THE UNIT HAVE A KITCHEN?
No. These were previously hotel rooms, so they do not have kitchens.
CAN I COOK IN THE UNIT?
No. Local fire ordinances do not allow for cooking in the units. However, there is a microwave in the lounge area of the 5th floor that can be used. We also upgraded the mini-fridge that came with the unit to a counter-height 3.5 cubic foot fridge, so there’s plenty of room for soda, fruit, sandwich meat, and that bottle of wine to sip on while sitting on the lanai in the evening.
DO I NEED A CAR?
I recommend that you have a rental car for your stay. While the resort has pretty much everything you need to relax and have a great time, a car will allow you to take in the popular attractions as well as allowing you to go buy groceries, supplies, etc. There is an on-site Enterprise car rental agency if you just want a car for a day; however, the rates are considerably higher than renting at the airport.
IS THERE FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE AIRPORT?
No. Free shuttle service from the airport is not available to our guests. The resort does offer free shuttle service to / from the airport FOR GUESTS RENTING FROM THE RESORT AT RETAIL PRICES ONLY. Guests renting direct through VRBO were able to use this service in the past, but they are now checking if guests are renting through the resort when they call in for the shuttle. If you don't plan in using a rental car, the best option is to use Roberts Hawaii express shuttles. Their rates are very reasonable. I recommend looking up their website and contact information and calling them directly.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN THE UNIT SLEEP?
In order to ensure my guests' comfort, I have limited the maximum number of guests to 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child. Local ordinances actually for a maximum of 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children. However, with a King size bed and an ottoman it’s ideally suited for 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child. ** Note that roll-away beds or a child's cribs are available to rent from the resort.
ARE THERE ANY EXTRAS IN THE UNIT?
Our unit has beach mats, an ice cooler, and foldable chairs to take on your daily adventures. Other items get left behind by past guests such as boogie boards, and wake boards.
ARE THERE BEACH TOWELS TO TAKE TO THE BEACH?
Yes. Your stay includes free towels, which you can use at the pools or to take to the local beaches. However, you will be assessed a $30 fee by the resort if you do not return the towels.
WHAT IS THE RESORT’S BEACH LIKE?
The resort is located directly on a 3-mile stretch of beautiful beach. However, while the beach is scenic, it is not considered a swimmable beach as it has quite a bit of coral and lava that can cut your feet. The surf can also be pretty challenging for most. It does have some sections with soft sand for swimming and wading; however, it's best to go to one of Kauai's famous beaches for swimming. These include Poipu Beach, Anini Beach, Kalapaki Beach, Shipwrecks Beach and many more. Popular Lydgate Beach is very close to the resort.
DOES THE RESORT CHARGE A RESORT / CHECK-IN FEE?
Yes and No. The managing agent of the resort (Aqua Resorts) charges us private owners a fee for handling the check-in process, which I call the "resort fee" on VRBO. Guests renting directly from the resort or through retail travel sites pay a daily resort fee, the same parking fee - while also paying a MUCH higher rental rate!)
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR A DAILY PARKING FEE?
Yes, if you have a car the resort charges $25 /day for parking in their lot. This fee is paid by the guest at check-in.
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR WI-FI INTERNET SERVICE?
No. It is now FREE in all the units. It is also available in the lobby, restaurants and bars, and now even in the pool area.
WHAT’S THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS CONDO?
Value. We offer a very competitive rate for a pool / ocean view unit. It’s also not too far from the elevators, and there‘s an ice machine and beverage machine a few doors down.
DOES THE UNIT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING?
Yes. The unit has central air conditioning.
WHAT FLOOR IS THE UNIT ON?
Our unit is on the 3rd floor Building 2 (#2334). However, there is no 2nd floor since the 1st floor is very tall and has all the shops, restaurants, etc.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR LONGER STAYS?
Sometimes. Please contact me with your vacation dates.
WILL YOU OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS?
Possibly. If we have open days that appear to be at risk of not getting booked, we will certainly consider offering a discount.
- 14.42% Lodging tax is added to room rate.
- TA Registration #10781163-02.
** IF THIS UNIT IS BOOKED FOR YOUR DESIRED DATES, WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE AT THE SAME RESORT. VRBO LISTING #819958.
** IF YOUR ARE LOOKING FOR A LARGER CONDO WITH FULL BEDROOM, LIVING ROOM, AND KITCHEN, CHECK OUT OUR CONDO ON THE SOUTH SHORES AREA AT THE KIAHUNA PLANTATION ON POIPU BEACH. VRBO LISTING #432760.