In the heart of Provence near the town of Beaumes-de-Venise and at the foot of Mont Ventoux lies Mas Pausadou (place of rest in provençal language), a recently renovated 19th century wine estate in the midst of vineyards, olive trees, cypress, lavender and fruit trees with 3 hectares of land.
Beaumes-de-Venise is famous all over the world for its sweet ‘Muscat’ wines, appreciated as a fine desert wine or a cool aperitif. The town offers plenty of restaurants and terraces.
The 300m2 property faces south and provides a grand display of the Provencal sunset over Les Dentelles de Montmirail. Sightseeing recommendations include Isle Sur La Sorgue, where life bustles around the canals and the 300 antique dealers and art galleries, or Avignon and Orange where you can explore more of the rich French history at sites such as the Popes’ Palace or the ruins of an ancient Roman Theatre built under Emperor Augustus in the first century. Golf aficionados can visit several excellent courses in the area including Golf de Servanes at Mouriès, Golf de Pont Royal and the Provence Country Club. Or you can explore the wonderful wineries of Beaumes-de-Venise, Gigondas, Vaqueyras, which are 10 minutes drive from the property. Or you can just relax at home and enjoy the sweet feelings of the fresh country air.
The grounds at Mas Pausadou feature a pristine, 7X11 meters swimming pool surrounded by a lush manicured lawn equipped with sun loungers. The alfresco dining area offers splendid pastoral views. The outside terrace has a large dining table with ample seating, and a large BBQ. This is a good spot to enjoy an al fresco lunch or dinner.
Indoors, you will find a home entertainment system, Wi-Fi access and baby equipment. The rooms of this property are all bright and colorful, bearing elegant fabrics. The large summer living room opens out to the alfresco dining area and beautifully tendered lawns. The winter living room has an open fireplace and opens on a pool room. Behind this cozy area is a very spacious kitchen, tastefully designed and equipped to the latest standards. The huge dining table can be sized to accommodate any group or family. The kitchen enjoys beautiful views of the setting sun and over Les Dentelles de Montmirail.
Five big and tastefully decorated bedrooms plus two children rooms invite up to thirteen guests at Mas Pausadou. Directly from the hallway, an authentic Provencal stairways lead up to three double bedrooms and one children room. One bedroom has en suite bathroom facilities. The other bedrooms have a separate bathroom, with a bath. Going up the stairs again, you arrive to two very large master bedrooms with their en suite bathroom facilities with bath and walk-in shower and a separate toilet. There is also one beautifully designed dormitory for the kids with two comfortable bunk beds. Fine linens foster peaceful nights of sleep.
During your stay at Mas Pausadou, you too will see what makes this area of Provence so breathtaking. Culture, history, fine wine and cuisine come to a merry arrangement at Mas Pausadou.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
• Bedroom 1: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom
• Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, separate bathroom
• Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, separate bathroom
• Bedroom 4: Single bed, separate bathroom
• Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with bath and walk-in shower
• Bedroom 6: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower
• Bedroom 7: Dormitory with two comfortable bunk beds
FEATURES & AMENITIES
• DVD player
• CD player
• Alarm system
• Baby cot and high chair
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Sheets, towels and pool towels included
• End cleaning included for one week stay
• 7X11m heated swimming pool; fully secured for children
• Landscaped garden
• Sunset view
• Alfresco dining
• Panoramic views over Les Dentelles de Montmirail and vineyards
Points of Interest:
• 30 minutes to Avignon TGV train station
• 30 minutes to Gordes (Luberon)
• 20 minutes to Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
• 45 minutes to Grignan (Drôme Provencal)
• 10 minutes to Beaume de Venise
• 20 minutes to the village of Châteauneuf-du-Pape
• 1 hour to Marseille airport
• Maximum 13 guests
• Smoking outside only please
• Pets are not allowed
• Security deposit
• During low season heating for the villa is not included in the rental rate. Heating will be charged based on usage upon check out
• Check-in: 4:00pm
• Check-out: 10am
• All rentals run from Saturday to Saturday