Beach Villa with Pool and Tennis Court in Wadduwa, Fully Staffed, 3 Bedrooms, Ac(3 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
3 bedrooms with seaview and with AC. Fully staffed with chef and maid. All meals at the actual cost for the engredients.
This Villa Margareta is one of 4 villas (Ad Astra Villas) sharing 1.5 acres of land by the sea in Wadduwa 35 km south of Colombo. The property includes a 16 meter saltwater swimming pool, a tennis court, staff and guard houses. Leading from the living room is a terrace with views to the garden, pool and beach, furnished with table and chairs to enable you to dine al fresco. The garden has plenty of coconut, mango, cashew nut, avocado and lime trees and papaya and passion fruit plants. There is also a small kitchen garden. The house has direct access to the beach with the seawater always maintaining 27 degrees Celsius and from which the chef is offered fresh fish and seafood. Our staff is on hand to cater to all your wishes – you do not even have to enter the kitchen during your stay. Would you choose to eat outside of the resort, there are many good reataurants nearby. The famous Siddhalepa Ayurveda hotel is our closest neighbour, where ayurveda treatment can be booked.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Max. occupancy 8
- Children Welcome
- Vacation Rental
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
The large garden and the villa is well suited for guests with limited mobility, except for the upper floor. The ground floor can easily accommodate 4 persons with limited mobility. No lift is available, only the staircase. The upper floor contains the Master bedroom and the study with the satellite TV....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Notes on accommodation: Upon entering the sitting room with teak wooden beamed ceiling and tiled floor, the villa gives a wonderful view of the pool, coconut and frangipani trees and the sea. Antique dutch chairs and comfortable modern sofas provide relaxation. All bedrooms have thick mattresses and quality bedding and look out to the garden, stunning with Aralya and Coconut trees, Hibiscus plants and the sea. The style is modern, white with red, orange and shocking pink accessories. Please note that this is a no smoking house. A very friendly dog lives on the property. Most visitors and children in particular likes her a lot. The dog is looked after and cared for by the staff. Outside: A path designed as leaves in cement leads from the house to the swimming pool which is situated between the house and the beach. It is 16 meter long with an attached children pool and is surrounded by sun loungers. On the back side of the Villa is the tennis court. A tennis instructor can be booked by the house keeper. Surrounded by a tropical 1,5 acre garden complete with a 10-ft brick wall for security and privacy. The garden boasts of Hibiscus, Frangipanis and tropical plants in various colours. Wadduwa is the center for coconut fibre production and provides the opportunity to look at the villagers working in their gardens. Next door we have a Coconut Sap plantation where the workers climb the coconuts early morning to empty the sap – and the flying foxes come in at night to get drunk hanging in the trees. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, linen and even pool towels are included. Our staff will clean the villa daily. Bedlinen will be changed every 3 days. Laundry and ironing service is available at a minimum charge. Other: In front of the house, facing the sea, is a large roofed terrace for perfect shade and for enjoying the sunset while dining at our table for 8 or for casual reading in our lounge chairs....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room:
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
The kitchen is fully equipped with large fridge/freezer, gas stove, electric oven, microwave oven, washing machine etc. There is everything you could ever want in this kitchen including our chef who can save you the bother of even enter....moreless
Colombo and the Royal Colombo Golf Club are reached in 60 minutes. All kind of tours including individually designed can be arranged by the staff. Elephant riding at the site is popular among children. Our excellent driver will take you anywhere on day tours at a very reasonable price. 45 min. South you can go on boat tours at the Bentota river and enjoy surfing. Fishing, bird watching and temple tours around Wadduwa can be arranged by the house keeper. ...moreless
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 1 - Dec 15, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $22 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
A 20% advance payment is requested to confirm a booking. Balance 80% latest 2 weeks before arrival.
Payment through Paypal is prefered. T&C applies.
We do not have a changeover day policy.
Notes on prices:
Price above are for 2 persons using the entire villa, including chef and cleaning service.
For additional bedroom for 2 persons: 220 Euros (285 for peak period).
The chef prepares whatever you wish for breakfast, lunch and dinner at actual cost for the ingredients.
Optional: Pick up and drop at airport: 50 € one way. A driver and vehicle is available for your excursions etc.
Maximum number of guests: 6 adults and 2 children.
All taxes included.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
You can walk or swim for miles in the water which keeps a temperature of 27 degrees Celsius all year round. Unbelievable sunsets and walks to arrange a lobster for the evening is at hand. It is only 2 minutes´walk to the Siddhalepha Ayurveda Hotel for ayurvedic treatments and use of the gym at a charge.
The distance from the International Airport north of Colombo to our villa south of Colombo is 70 Km. Depending on the traffic it will take between 1.5 to 2.5 hours. Our driver can meet you at the airport and bring you to the villa.
Wadduwa is located some km north of Kalutara, where the famous Kalutara Temple is situated. The turtle reserve center is 40 minutes south of Wadduwa. The distance to Galle, (UNESCO world heritage site), which is further south, is 100 km and takes appr 1 hour, using the new expressway. Colombo is 35 km north of Ad Astra Villas and provide shopping, some important sightseeing venues, fine food and night life.
Year Purchased: 2004
About: I and my wife have lived and worked all over in Asia for over 30 years now. We love being in Asia although we regularly return to Sweden for holidays. My family and I have used holiday homes around Asia and know what holiday makers want based on what I expect myself for my own family and listening to holiday makers.
Why Wadduwa, Sri Lanka:
We actually built the house following my retirement from employment. We are 4 families who built one house each, sharing swimming pool and tennis court. The reason we selected Wadduwa is simply because it combines the tranquility of the countryside with the commuting distance to Colombo.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
The convenience of having everything within reach and the luxury of having staff, butler, chef, maid, driver, gardeners etc.
- Primary: +46 707581479
The Villa from the pool and beach front
Monica, the elephant on the beach.
The tennis court.
Living room and kitchen
Master bedroom ensuite bathroom
Pushpa, the Chef
Nangi, the dog
View from the master bedroom
Study with TV room
Smaller guest room
The guard house
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.