Beach Villa with Pool and Tennis Court in Wadduwa, Fully Staffed, 3 Bedroom, Ac(8 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Villa in Wadduwa, Western Province, Sri Lanka - Peacefully located just at the beach.
Villa "Ad Astra" is one of 4 villas sharing 1.5 acres of land by the sea in Wadduwa 35 km or 50 minutes south or of Colombo. The property includes a 16 meter swimming pool, a tennis court, staff and guard houses. Leading from the living room is a terrace with views to the garden, pool and beach, furnished with table and chairs to enable you to dine in- or out-door. The Villa has direct access to the beach with the seawater always maintain 27 degrees Celcius. Our staff is on hand to cater to all your wishes - you do not have to enter the kitchen during your stay. Our Villa Ad Astra is close to plenty of beach hotels with a wide choice of restaurants. The famouse Siddhalepa Ayerveda hotel is our closest neighbour, where Ayerveda treatment can be booked. Our villa has also its own Ayurveda treatment massage bench for professional treatment in the house. Our staff will support with booking.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- Max. occupancy 8
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Car Available
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1:Master bedroom includes a large 4-poster double bed. Air-conditioned. Bedroom 2: Large 4-poster double bed. Air-conditioned. Bedroom 3: Normal double bed. Air-conditioned. Two extra beds available to be placed in Master bedroom or bedroom 2....moreless
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- Notes on accommodation: Upon entering the sitting room with teak wooden beamed ceiling and tiled floor, the villa gives a wonderful view of the pool, coconut and frangipani trees and the sea. Antique dutch chairs and comfortable modern sofas provide relaxation. All bedrooms have thick mattresses and quality bedding and look out to the garden, stunning with Aralya and Coconut trees, Hibiscus plants and the sea. The style is modern Sri Lankan style. Please note that this is a no smoking house. Outside: A path designed as leaves in cement leads from the house to the swimming pool which is situated between the house and the beach. It is 16 meter long with an attached children pool and is surrounded by sun loungers. On the back side of the Villa is the grass lawn tennis court. A tennis instructor can be booked by the house keeper. Surrounded by a tropical 1,5 acre garden complete with a 10-ft brick wall for security and privacy. The property is also guarded by security guards. The garden boasts of Hibiscus, Frangipanis and tropical plants in various colours. Wadduwa is the center for coconut fibre production and provides the opportunity to look at the villagers working in their gardens. Next door we have a Coconut Sap plantation where the workers climb the coconuts early morning to empty the sap – and the flying foxes come in at night to get drunk hanging in the trees. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, linen and even pool towels are included. Our chef will prepare dishes for lunch and dinner for the cost of the ingredients. Maid service is available every day and cleaning lady is cleaning the house. Other: In front of the house, facing the sea, is a large roofed terrace for perfect shade and for enjoying the sunset while dining or casual reading in our lounge chairs. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
On the upper floor there is a study with library, TV and internet wireless connection. On the ground floor there is a large living/dining room where you comfortably can dine with a table for up to 10 people. ...moreless
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
The kitchen is fully equipped with large fridge/freezer, gas stove, electric oven, microwave oven, washing machine, dishwasher etc. There is everything you could ever want in this kitchen including our chef who can save you the bother of even enter....moreless
Colombo and the Royal Colombo Golf Club are reached in 50 minutes. All kind of tours including individually designed can be arranged by the House Keeper. Elephant riding at the site is popular among children. Our house keeper can arrange to take you anywhere on day tours at a very reasonable price. South you can enjoy surfing or go for whale spotting. Fishing, bird watching and temple tours around Wadduwa can be arranged by the house keeper....moreless
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 15 - Jan 15, 2018
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $23 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
Please contact owner for booking details.
Please contact owner for changeover day details.
Notes on prices:
The above prices are for 2 persons using the entire villa, including services from Chef, Maid and Cleaning lady.
For additional guest, the cost is 23 $ per night.
Breakfast is optional and at 4.50 $ per adult and day. For children, up to 12, breakfast is 2.25 $ per day.
Pick up and drop at airport is also optional at 70 $ one way.
Maximum stay: 6 adults and 2 children.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
You can walk or swim for miles in the water which keeps a temperature of 27 degrees Celsius all year round. Unbelievable sunsets and walks to arrange a lobster for the evening is at hand. It is only 2 minutes´walk to the Siddhalepha Ayurveda Hotel for ayurvedic treatments and use of the gym at a charge.
The distance from the International Airport north of Colombo to our villa south of Colombo is 70 Km. Depending on the traffic it will take between 1.5 to 2.5 hours. Our house manager will arrange airport pick up and drop.
Wadduwa is located some km north of Kalutara, where the famous Kalutara Temple is situated. The turtle reserve center is 40 minutes south of Wadduwa. The distance to Galle, (UNESCO world heritage site), which is further south, is 100 km and takes 2-3 hours depending on traffic. Colombo is 35km north of Ad Astra Villas and provide shopping, some important sightseeing venues, fine food and night life.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: After many years working and living in Asian and European countries we are now back in Sweden. We have two daughters with families and kids.
Why the Owner Chose Wadduwa, Sri Lanka:
When we lived and worked in Sri Lanka in the mid 90th's we became very fond of the people and the country. Ever since, we have travelled back. Together with 3 other families we purchased land and built our own holiday home. The location was very much decided because, it is on the beach, not too far from Colombo but still on the fantastic west coast.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Villa Ad Astra is a place for relaxing, swimming, walking / jogging and when you feel for it depart for tours to the south, to the mountains or to Colombo. Our family and grand kids loves it here and the village elephant can be asked to come to the villa for an exclusive ride!
- Primary: +46 768314593 Mobile
Links to more information:
Villa Ad Astra
The village elephant Monica is passing by
Our fantastic staff
The temple tree entrance to villa Ad Astra
The villa, the pool and the sea
The beach at the villa
Bathroom to Master bedroom
Bathroom to bedroom 2
Long beach stretch for early morning walks
Villa Ad Astra at night
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.