About the property
- Cottage600 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
1 BR 1 Bath Cottage
This Brand new 1 BR 1BA Cottage is located in Cliffview resort. With Ziplines, Via Ferratta, Ropes Course, lakes, hiking, walking, fishing, swimming and not to mention spectacular views. We are located 8 miles from the Natural Bridge Exit in Slade.
This cottage has just been remodeled and has all new appliances, living room furniture, Bedroom furniture and a brand new bathroom. We have designed this cottage to have all the comforts of home without the labor of keeping it up. It is rustic, beautiful and warm.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, sign language-- FaceTime me if necessary
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 21, 2018
Why Stacy Eldred chose Campton
We chose this property because it is in the center of the resort. We still have access to the majestic views, but with little ones we wanted to stay away from the cliffs. We have a nice secluded area where we own 2 cabins. A big cabin that sleeps 8 VRBO #501656 and our couples cabin that sleeps 2 and 2 only. We love that we have our own private lake for fishing, and access to 4 others within a 5 minute walk. We hike and run this area. The hills are challenging and the experience unforgettable
What makes this Cottage unique
This cottage is designed for couples or climbers. We want you to have all the amenities of home without the labor. Everything is brand new and designed for you to have a great experience.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Wonderfully quiet little cabin. Wanda (I think that's her name) was the best! She supplied matches and saved us a trip to the store. Really enjoyed our stay.
Overall Not Too Bad
Recently just stayed at the property for two nights. The owner is very prompt and courteous with responses.
1. Very quaint cabin that is dog friendly--big plus.
2. Easy to get to.
3. Basically a full kitchen, which is great.
4. The bed is very comfortable (albeit a bit small for taller people such as myself).
5. Pretty quiet.
6. Has a nice fire pit, although it was like 5 degrees on our stay so we didn't get to use it.
7. The shower gets very hot and has a solid spray...very good.
8. The cabin was clean upon our arrival.
1. The hot water heater is a bit small, reducing the amount of hot water available (very minor inconvenience, though).
2. Due to how cold it was, the only source of heat we had was an old space heater that didn't work very well. It worked, however it took quite some time to get a decent ambient temperature. When we woke up every morning, it was on the chilly side.
3. The biggest issue we had was the satellite TV. Again, the temperature precluded us from too many outside activities, so we watched some TV. If you are going to advertise that there is Satellite TV available, it is best that you not monopolize all of the tuners with watching and recording shows at your house, thereby not allowing your paying guests the option to use one of the amenities. Again this is a minor complaint, but when there's not a lot to do, is got to be a little frustrating a couple of times.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the cabin, and would stay here again.
I am sorry to hear that you did not get the benefits of the Satellite
TV and you didn't feel the heater was sufficient.
It is most unfortunate that you didn't contact me in reference to these issues, as both could have been resolved immediately. (That is why I give my phone number so many times on the contract and directions)
We don't have DISH in our home here in Virginia, and we have extra heaters stored in the main house that we could have had delivered to you.
Don't ever hesitate to ask for help. That is why it is offered.
Thank you for your Response
Very nice and cozy 👍😁
We totally enjoyed the quiet area and the nice cozy cabin.
Thank you Stacy for an amazing little cabin perfect for a long secluded weekend.
The cabin had everything we could have needed. It was quiet and clean with perfect directions and amenities.
Thanks so much we will definitely be back!
We stayed in this cabin for 2 days as a quick birthday getaway and absolutely loved it. We were able to bring our dog and do some hiking at the Red River Gorge and enjoy the evenings at the cabin making dinner and sitting around the bonfire. It really is the perfect escape for 2 people. Stacy was very responsive when we had any questions. We plan to return soon!
Great cabin. Clean, cozy. Good location. Had a great time
The Via Ferratta is the only horizontal rock climb in the United States. We have done it multiple times and we love it. The Cliffview Zipline is in the resort. There are 6 stops and over 7k feet of scenery below. The ropes course is located off of the Slade Exit. It is brand new. Although we have passed it many times. We still have not been able to take advantage of it. Natural Bridge Sky Lift is another favorite of our guests. The hike is even better. Natural Bridge also has a pool if you get tired of swimming in the local lakes