Perfect For Families And Outdoor Enthusiasts!
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Please let me know about kids under 4.Please let me know about kids under 4.
Pets allowed - Yes, but pls provide details.Yes, but pls provide details.
Parties/events allowed - Must be pre-approved, and fees may apply.Must be pre-approved, and fees may apply.
No smoking - No smoking whatsoever anywhere on property.No smoking whatsoever anywhere on property.
Max guests: 8
- Open garage door on only an as-needed basis. For security, pest-control, + climate-control, do not leave garage door open for for than a few minutes.
- No unregistered guests. The names of ALL guests must be provided upon registration.
- Please respect check-in/checkout times. If cleaning is finished before 3 pm on check-in day, I will let you know. Extra fees may apply.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Enhanced cleaning practices
Minimum 1-day vacancy between guest stays
Cleaned with disinfectant
I cannot say ENOUGH amazing things about Kathy and her absolutely gorgeous home and property. Me and my husband stayed for a week, and we were in absolute HEAVEN. Everyday we were greeted by beautiful deer outside the patio. We walked all the beautiful trails on her property and we just couldn't get enough of the beauty. Kathy is a host that any person who wants a private get away could hope for. She is in no way intrusive, but she makes sure that you have almost anything you could possibly need. she personalizes your welcome in a very special and unique way, and it meant everything to me and my husband. The house is absolutely beautiful, and the beds are VERY comfortable.....but our favorite in the house....The ROMAN BATHTUB.....ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR!!!!!!! I've never taken so many baths in my life. The view from the house windows are ALL breathtaking, but I have to say my most favorite was sitting on the upstairs balcony, drinking coffee, looking at the snow capped mountain and watching the deer roam on her property. If you do not experience this once in your lifetime, you truly are missing out. And just a little advice, you will never find another VRBO owner sweeter and more thoughtful than Kathy, so bring her a little Thank You gift...trust me, you will understand why once you get there.....Can't wait to come back again.....me and my husband found our little piece of paradise....Kathy from the bottom of my heart, you are an angel and THANK YOU for sharing your paradise with me and my husband
Snow adventure in early January 2020.
We had a great stay at Kathy’s home located on the Hansen Woodland Farm (near Kettle Falls). My wife, sister, brother in-law and I were all very impressed with this rental. The home has everything you could possibly want our need. Kathy seems to have thought of everything and the living areas are very nicely decorated. Lots of windows with views of the surrounding forest.
We had a foot or better of snow to contend with on trip there, but the driveway and parking areas were cleared when we arrived. We had no issues getting into the house, and the fire burning in the wood stove was a nice touch. Overall, I would rate Kathy and her home as one of the best vacation rentals we have experienced. I look forward to visiting this home again.
Thank you Kathy.
A good experience
We found the home comfy, well apportioned and will be back.
Fantastic get away!
We absolutely loved our time at this woodland paradise. The house is so bright and vibrant and fun! Kathy outdid herself with the welcome gifts. One of our best stays on VRBO! Definitely want to go there again. And the surrounding environment is absolutely beautiful! Close to the majestic Columbia River, located in a beautiful forest with lots of fun trails right outside your doorstep. Loved, loved, loved!
The BEST Getaway
Every detail is well thought out for this pleasant property sitting in the middle of a forest. We saw numerous deer, lots of birds from different species and enjoyed walking the trails with our dogs.
Inside the home is warm, comfortable and relaxing. The decor is wonderful, as we love art and this home has the touch of an art lover. Awesome books and lots of space.
We will return and consider this our new best spot to enjoy togetherness as a family and escape the day to day.
Kathy is great too. very responsive, super helpful and easy to communicate with. She has clearly taken great care in setting up her home to share with others.
Fun Recreational Venues Near Hansen Woodland Farm
Nice Recreational Map of Area:
• Lake Ellen (take Lake Ellen Rd and follow signs).
• Haag Cove (turn left out of driveway; take Inchelium Hwy about 3 miles; turn right at sign for Haag Cove
• Lake Ellen (take Lake Ellen Rd and follow signs).
• See https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/County/Ferry/
• Columbia River
Floating the Kettle River in June and July: Best approach is to take 2 vehicles.
Park one at “I Beach” along Kettle River on 395. Everyone gets in 2nd car and proceeds to Orient Bridge, off 395. Park at Orient Bridge, float to I Beach. Pick up first vehicle and drive someone to get 2nd vehicle at Orient Bridge.
• French Rock: Turn right at end of driveway; drive 3 miles on Inchelium; watch for signs.
Hiking, Nature Viewing, Points of Interest
• Sherman Creek: https://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/wildlife_areas/sherman_creek/Sherman%20Creek/
• Colville National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/colville/recreation/hiking: You will find many turnoffs along Hwy 20W on Sherman Pass for hiking trails.
• Old Kettle Falls: Original site of town moved because of Grand Coulee Dam: https://www.nps.gov/laro/learn/historyculture/old-kettle-falls.htm (more history: http://spokanehistorical.org/items/show/679, http://www.historylink.org/File/7577)
• Meyers Falls: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMJAY5_Meyers_Falls_Kettle_Falls_WA
• St. Paul’s Mission: https://www.nps.gov/laro/learn/historyculture/mission-point.htm (at same complex, see Kettle Falls Historical Center [https://sites.google.com/site/kettlefallshistoricalcenter/], Sharpening Stone [http://spokanehistorical.org/items/show/658] and the submerged Kettle Falls, visible only in the spring when Columbia River is drawn down.
• Sherman Creek Orchard: Fresh fruit throughout mid-summer and fall. Cherry-picking on opening day.
Ride the free ferry from Inchelium to Gifford: http://cctanadpropmgt.com/inchelium_gifford_ferry_schedule.php
GardenValley Community Church (non-denominational): Services are 11 a.m. Sundays. The pastor, Shane Moffitt, is wonderful and the church offers a
terrific community spirit. The pastor has also offered the fellowship hall for any emergencies at the campgrounbd where better shelter migh tbe neded.
Bike-Riding/Horseback-Riding Routes ¬– A few of my favorites:
• Lake Ellen Round Trip: Ride up to Lake Ellen and back. 9 miles
• Haag’s Cove Round Trip: Ride on Inchelium to Haag’s Cove and back: 8 miles
• French Rock Round Trip: Take Inchelium South to French Rock and back: 6 miles
• Paris-Mitchell Loop: Take Inchelium south to Paris-Mitchell Rd. P-M road turns in to Lake Ellen Road; taker Lake Ellen back to Inchelium Hwy. 10 miles
• Mary-Ellen Loop: Take Inchelium to Mary-Ellen Rd. Take Mary Ellen to Lake Ellen (VERY steep elevations) and back to Inchelium Hwy. 10 miles
• Barnaby Creek Loop: Take Inchelium South to Barnaby Creek Rd. Eventually Barnaby Creek turns into Lake Ellen; take Lake Ellen back to Inchelium: about 20 miles
• Inchelium round trip: Take Inchelium south to the town of Inchelium and back: About 44 miles
For ideas on cultural, sightseeing, educational, and nightlife activities:
Please ask host.
About Kathy Hansen
Hi, folks. I'm a writer and educator. I moved to the spectacular Inland Pacific Northwest in 2009 and have loved every minute of living in this gorgeous place. I am excited that I get to share this beautiful custom home with you. I care deeply about giving you a great experience and look forward to hosting you. I love that I'm right here on-property so I can meet your needs! I love bicycling in nature and taking nature photos. I also enjoy crafting and creative pursuits.
Kathy Hansen purchased this House in 2008
Why Kathy Hansen chose Kettle Falls
We immediately fell in love with this property for its incredible views, beautiful wooded expanses, proximity to state and national parks, and serene setting.
What makes this House unique
– Firepit surrounded by benches and complete with roasting forks, marshmallows, hot dogs, and magical powder to color the fire. – Summer recreational equipment: Floats for floating the Kettle River, picnic supplies, tent and sleeping bags. – Playground for the kids on host's part of property. – Herb garden with fresh sage, parsley, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, lavender, chives, and spearmint. – No-mess bird feeders on a clothesline so you can enjoy bird life.