Come stay with us at our Western Resort! We are located on US Highway 12 in the beautiful Irish Hills. We have a 3 acre parcel to make your vacation have the up North feel. We are located 10 minutes from Michigan International Speedway. We are also within 15 minutes from over 50 Michigan lakes. There are beautiful state parks nearby. Whether you are into hiking, kayaking, wine tasting, fishing, ice fishing, hunting, bon fires, boating, Nascar, photography, winter sports or more, Irish Hills has something for you. Stay at the Cowboy Creek Lodge and start your vacation, today!
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 10, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Nonexistent onsite management/ assistance
(1) The rooms were as advertised. Very clean, cutely decorated to theme with attention to details.
(2) The "community room" was very convenient for our extended family of 20+ to use for preparing meals, playing cards, etc.
(1) There was no onsite management at all. We were greeted by a pseudo-manager at check-in. She provided her # and told us she was our contact and that she lived an hour away from the motel (and was very busy) . Why is that an issue? Because of 2, 3, & 4
(2) The room doors lock automatically. We were provided ONE key per room. That meant that somebody from each room had to make sure to have the room key each & every time the room was stepped out of. When (as inevitably happens when 14 rooms are rented) somebody locked themselves out of the room...we were to call the contact an hour away. Fortunately this happened minimally because we were all family and could just loop the key lanyard around the door handles. If sharing motel with others...that's not an option. Additionally, if members of the same room wanted to split up and go in opposite directions, there's the issue of who's going to be able to access the room & when. HORRIBLE SYSTEM that can be easily rectified.
(2) The community room cleanliness was unacceptable - considerable amount of dirt & dead bugs in window frames, etc. Additionally, there's ONE small window to ventilate the entire room. One small fan was provided. No air conditioning
As we were told, opening the unscreened doors on either end of the room only results in attracting an enormous of flies. We tested that theory because the room was so hot. Theory confirmed. So we purchased (at our own expense) 2 fans to attempt to move some air. It wasn't sufficient.
(3) We booked 3 night stay. 2 towels per person were provided. I phoned contact on day 2 to inform her that we would need fresh towels as there weren't enough provided.
On morning of day 3 we were instructed to bring our towels to her. No big deal. When asked when new towels would be available we were told, "you'll just have to come find me" Really? No...that's not ok. So we were provided clean towels immediately.
(4) Additional issues of televisions not working (I was told WE might need to take a look at the connections because manager didn't know how to hook them up), insufficient toilet paper, etc.
Most of these wouldn't have been an issue if there had been somebody available to address them.
Awesome for large groups
Cowboy Creek was a perfect location for our large bachelorette party. We had around 20 girls stay there at the end of June. The rooms were clean, cute, and comfortable. The community room was large and perfect for all of our needs. We did not partake in the pool, but enjoyed wandering around the grounds and seeing the full layout.
Sheila was our contact on the property, and met every need we had. She even met our group halfway the next day to return a lost license and debit card.
All in all, it was a great place for a large group and I would definitely recommend booking for any large get together or party.
We just left. Went during the off season. We really didnt know what to expect. We got lucky with some beautiful weekend weather in February, stayed around °65.
The staffl.... Great! and were wonderful to be around.
This place was so cool. I really felt like I was in a old western town, then at night had the newley remodeled room to go back to.
I cant say enough about this place. They are getting ready for this coming summer so they were working at it all weekend, but were so curtious and respectful to make sure they weren't being too loud or in the way of our stay. (Which we never noticed unless we wanted to snoop in and check out what they were doing).
They still got some work ahead for the upcoming months, but I'm giving this a 5 star rating as it is now, so i cant even imagine how great its gonna be when its all ready for the coming months. Great stay for me and my fiance. When we come back in the summer we will bring our kid because we know how much fun he will have!
The bonfire pits are great as well, I'm big on camping, so it was nice to have that camping feel and scenery, then heading into our room at night.
Lots of unique places in the area to go check out.
Thanks for the wonderful stay cowboy creek lodge! See you in summer!
Hi Bobby! Thank you for the kind words. We are looking forward to having you back this summer!
The jacuzzi sweet was sweet! The service was great! 4 thumbs up from my wife and me!!
Great western-like feel to the whole place. Can't wait to plan larger family getaways there. Minutes away from MIS, fishing, hiking trails. Really not too far from busier shopping areas too!
We stayed during the off season so our rate was even better than expected. Plus it was really nice to be in the area while it was quiter and less busy. But we both can't wait to stay again during the busy season and enjoy all the outdoor activities. The very friendly staff got us pretty excited about their old western shootouts and hay rides and haunted train-car and haunted rooms all during October, too! Can't wait!
The staff shared how the new owners (since 2013 I think) have really been doing an awesome job with some enhancements and upkeep and it shows. If you're looking for a great place to unwind, and maybe even start your own bonfire out back (I think we counted six different fire pits), you just found it. Nice but down-to-earth. Clean. Already looking forward to next time.
Hi Chad! Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again next time.