Tree-top holiday home directly above the water.
You are required to bring your own linen, pillowslips, towels and tea towels.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - High deck and wharf; young need to be supervised. High deck and wharf; young need to be supervised.
Pets allowed - Dogs only allowed by prior approval; native birds.Dogs only allowed by prior approval; native birds.
No events - A retreat for families & couples. Not for parties.A retreat for families & couples. Not for parties.
No smoking - Outside only. Note Kawau has a very high fire riskOutside only. Note Kawau has a very high fire risk
Max guests: 6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
- You have to take your own linen (or sleeping bags), pillowslips, tea towels, towels, toilet paper & food. The pantry is stocked with basic provisions.
- Tank water supply therefore water must be used conservatively. We maintain our catchment very well therefore the water is clean and safe to drink.
- The bach must be left clean and tidy for the next visitors. Cleaners are not available and hence we only charge a small cleaning fee for consumables.
Hosted by MichaelAsk a question
My name is Michael and my partner is Kate. My family have been coming to Kawau Island since the early 1970's.
Michael purchased this House in 1975
Why Michael chose Kawau Island
Kawau Island is the jewel in the crown of the Hauraki Gulf and yet many people are unaware of its existence. It is very accessible from Auckland City; 1:30 minutes drive to Sandspit and then approximately 30 minutes by ferry to our wharf which is right in front of the house. You can be relaxing in complete tranquility within 3 hours from leaving home. There are no roads or cars on Kawau Island. Please see: kawauisland.org website for more information.
What makes this House unique
Staying in this architectural designed pole-house will be a large part of your Kawau experience. You live at treetop level with the birds while being right above the water. It was designed by architect Mason Pepper and built circa 1975 . The house is of timber construction lined with matai and douglas fir.
Private hosts do not rent properties as a trade, business or profession.