Dulces Suenos-Playa Azul 3 Beachfront W/ Gorgeous View
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Luquillo condo description
'Dulces Suenos' translates as Sweet Dreams. Allow the sound of the waves and the song of the Coqui's to lure you to dreamland.
Things to do:
• Begin each morning on the 11th floor balcony watching the lovely sunrise over the ocean.
• Our favorite activity is to walk on the Luquillo beaches. It is less than 200 yards from the door of the condo across the courtyard to Playa Azul beach.
• Hike the nearby nature trails in El Yunque National Forest or visit Las Paylas water slides on the way to Sabana.
• The reefs just off the beach have an abundance of sea life and snorkeling in 80 degree water is always a pleasure.
• A quick 10 minute drive to Fajardo will put you in one of the largest marinas in the Caribbean with many deep sea fishing, open water sailing and scuba charters available.
• Walk along the beach to visit La Selva Nature Reserve (officially known as the Northeast Ecological Corridor) 3,240 acres of freshwater marshes, mangrove and other coastal forests, sandy beaches and coral reefs and with miles of rugged undisturbed coastline.
• Join the activities of the gated common area with pools, tennis court, handball and basketball courts and several areas of playground equipment for the smaller guests.
• Fajardo and San Juan are both an easy drive.
• The entire island of enchantment is easily accessible from this beautiful location.
The Beaches of Luquillo:
• Walk to the west along Playa Azul beach and you will find a quiet shallow bay with flat calm waters and continue on to arrive at the famous blue flag Luquillo Beach.
• Heading to the east you will come to La Pared a local surfing beach. Try surfing at La Pared with the surf instructors from the Luquillo surf shop.
• La Selva has miles of empty beach to explore and is just beyond La Pared to the east of the condo.
• Balneario Monserrate is a Blue-Flag beach with BBQ grills and life-guards on duty.
Area Wildlife and Caribbean “Treasure”:
• White herons and iguanas are often spotted in groves along La Selva.
• Leatherback and green sea turtles can be found nesting during the April to July season on La Selva.
• Sand dollars and other “treasures” of the Caribbean can be found on the local beaches.
• Air Conditioning and ceiling fans in the living room and each bedroom
• Washer and dryer in the condo
• Refrigerator has an ice maker
• 42” LED/LCD/HDTV with HD cable
• High speed wireless internet
• Leather seating with recliners in the living area
• Patio set with rocking chairs on the balcony
• Coffee pot with timer
- On floor 11
- 1086 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Playa Azul #3
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker
- Seating for 6 people
- Living Room seats 6:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- blender, toaster, washer/dryer in unit, sand buckets, boogie boards, beach chairs, beach towels, games, books, on-site library access, child pool, full size pool, playground, full and half basketball courts, basketball, tennis court, tennis rackets and balls, ping pong rackets and balls, secure parking lot with on-site parking, gated community, full time security guard in lobby,...moreless
- CD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Water Sports Gear:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Ocean View:
- Mountain View:
- Water View:
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Botanical Garden
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Whale Watching
- Outlet Shopping
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Tax Rate 7%
for long term stays of 22 or more days the rate will be $135.00/night.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
From Luquillo,Puerto Rico:
~About 20 minutes to El Yunque rainforest.
~About 30 minutes to San Juan -- Old San Juan is well worth a visit.
~Isle Verde and Condado beaches are not nicer than the Playa Azul beach but the tourist crowds make it fun to visit for a day.
~Las Croabas / Fajardo boating area with night trips into the Laguna Grande Bio-Bay. The Bioluminescent bay of Fajardo is a short 10 minute drive from the condo and one of the most amazing natural phenomenons I have ever seen.
~A day trip from Las Croabas to Cayo Icacos is a wonderful beach / snorkeling visit -- the beach is magnificent with crystal clear water on this small coral island. Many group charters will take you there for around $80 per person.
~A ferry trip from Fajardo to Isla Culebra to see the magnificent Playa Flamenco (the ferry was $2 for a one hour trip -- the trip to Culebra can be rough (dramamine is usually available) but the return is usually gentle.
There is much to do relatively close to the condo.
**If you want to map a distance on Google maps use the Luquillo Cemetary as your starting point- it is the closest landmark to the condo.** I have links to many maps already just email for more information:)
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Hello, I am a respiratory therapist for the local critical care transport team. Don is a produce buyer for a local produce warehouse. At home we have a sweet little Siamese mix named Sassy. The love of our life is our sweet little grandaughter. Her parents are pretty special too. Little Miss keeps us busy on our days off from work since we get to spend a lot of time with her. We love to travel to warm tropical locations especially in the winter to escape the dreary Pacific Northwest weather.
Why the Owner Chose Luquillo:
I read about the Bio-bays in Puerto Rico and wanted to visit the island so we arranged a vacation and when we arrived we fell in LOVE with the island and the local people. We previously had traveled to other locations and the locals were not terribly friendly but Puerto Rico was different. We spent our first day walking on Jobos Beach and we were approached by a local who recognized us as tourists (white skin turning red at amazingly fast rates probably was the give-way..LOL) and offered to show us the area while sharing information about both the local area and island in general. This was not an isolated incident, several times we were shown local sites by local people who are proud of their home and want to share it with others. Puerto Rico is nicknamed the 'Isle of Enchantment' and it truly enchanted both my husband and I. We are a few years from retirement and we decided to purchase a condo so when we are ready to retire we have it available but since we can only visit 2-3 times each year we thought why not rent it and let others enjoy the warm island of Puerto Rico.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
My favorite thing about our condo is the proximity to the beach. I love to be on the sand and in the salt water and falling asleep to the rhythm of the ocean. It is wonderful to have the access with no drive! Just a short walk across beautifully maintained grounds and you are on the sandy beach with reefs to snorkle right there. Listening to the waves crash is very relaxing at night hence the name- Dulces Suenos (Sweet Dreams). Luquillo is located outside the metro area but has excellent access to the entire island. El Yunque is a quick 15 minute drive to the trailheads and tourist center. Fajardo is a 10 minute drive for fishing, snorkeling and scuba charters. San Juan Metro is a 30 minute drive for shopping, dining and dancing. Old San Juan is 35 minute drive for all the tourist attractions like El Morro and also many artisan shops. Come and let Puerto Rico enchant you:)
- Primary: 509-993-2330
- Fax: +1 888-704-2231
Links to more information:
Actual view from our balcony:)
view from the living room over the balcony
view from dining area
2nd bedroom with queen bed and gorgeous view of the ocean
the arrow points to our balcony
main living area as seen from the balcony
Playa Azul Beach--the condo is just behind the palm tree's
Turtle nesting areas on the beaches in Luquillo
a coqui frog: native Puerto Rican
gates to Old San Juan-- Castillo San Cristobal--The tunnel tour is excellent!
Entry to Condo
view from the living room
from the beach, the arrow points to our balcony which is above the palm trees
Master bedroom with king size bed and ac unit
3rd room with queen and twin beds
kitchen with washer and dryer
surfing at La Pared--1/4 mile from condo--easy beach walk
Our condo-Playa Azul #3 from La Pared right in front of Boardriders grill
Kayaking the Rio Espiritu Santo--PR's only navigable river-- about 4 miles away
Castillo San Cristobal courtyard- can you spot the iguanas warming on the rocks?
dining area with view to beach
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Wednesday, July 09, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.