Bristlecone Ridge Ranch - Large Home with Spectacular Mountain Views
You sent a message to this owner.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
This home is what makes Colorado spectacular. Thought has been given to every detail. From the rustic hardwood floors and beautifully designed kitchen, to the see-through fireplace, Bristlecone Ranch offers five-star luxuries in one of the area’s largest rental homes. It has an open floor plan with large living room; dining room and kitchen perfect for large gatherings yet cozy enough for just a few. Sit by the flames from a fireplace that soars 25 feet to the ceiling of the great room with incomparable mountain views. The master suite features large private bath with shower for 2 and a Jacuzzi tub. The 2nd bedroom also has an attached bathroom. Off the grand foyer and a few steps up are sleeping quarters for more guests in an over-sized bedroom with abundant windows. Views from the lower level of the home are equally picturesque. It features two more bedrooms, a game room with ping pong table, kitchen, living room, bath and fireplace.
This property offers something for everyone. The home is perfect for weddings. It has a large outdoor area ready for a wedding tent with breathtaking views of the valley and mountains. Golf courses are minutes away in La Veta and Walsenburg. The home has 600-acres of pastures, rolling hills, mountainside and plateau to serve as your private hunting paradise (call for details). Or you can explore the terrain on your ATV, enjoy an afternoon hike or have a romantic picnic overlooking the valley.
Bristlecone Ranch has it all. Relax and drink in the beauty!
Please also see 'RATES' section -
RATES FOR THE WHOLE YEAR OF 2015
1) 1/1/2015-1/5/2015; Season: New Years Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4-nights; Rates - $539/night, 5+ nights - $511/night, $3,486/week, $7,500/month.
2) 1/6/2015-3/31/2015; Season: Off Peak-Mid-Winter (OP); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $577/night, 3-4 nights - $539/night, 5+ nights - $511/night, $3,486/week, $7,500/month.
3) 4/1/2015-5/20/2015; Season: Peak (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $682/night, 3-4 nights - $577/night, 5+ nights - $539/night, $3,675/week, $9,000/month.
4) 5/21/2015-5/26/2015; Season: Memorial Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4 nights - $577/night, 5+ nights - $539/night, $3,675/week, $9,000/month.
5) 5/27/2015-6/27/2015; Season: Peak- Early Summer (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $682/night, 3-4 nights - $577/night, 5+ nights - $539/night, $3,675/week, $9,000/month.
6) 6/28/2015-7/12/2015; Season: Independence Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4 nights - $577/night, 5+ nights - $539/night, $3,675/week, $9,000/month.
7) 7/13/2015-9/3/2015; Season: Peak- Mid Summer (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $682/night, 3-4 nights - $577/night, 5+ nights - $539/night, $3,675/week, $9,000/month.
8) 9/4/2015-9/14/2015; Season: Labor Day Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4 nights - $577/night, 5+ nights - $539/night, $3,675/week, $9,000/month.
9) 9/15/2015-10/31/2015; Season: Peak- Early Fall (P); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $682/night, 3-4 nights - $577/night, 5+ nights - $539/night, $3,675/week, $9,000/month.
10) 11/1/2015-11/19/2015; Season: Off Peak-Fall (OP); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $577/night, 3-4 nights - $539/night, 5+ nights - $511/night, $3,486/week, $7,500/month.
11) 11/20/2015-11/30/2015; Season: Thanksgiving Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4-nights; Rates - $539/night, 5+ nights - $511/night, $3,486/week, $7,500/month.
12) 12/1/2015-12/17/2015; Season: Off Peak-Early Winter (OP); Minimum Stay - 2-nights; Rates - $577/night, 3-4 nights - $539/night, 5+ nights - $511/night, $3,486/week, $7,500/month.
13) 12/18/2015-12/31/2015; Season: Christmas Holiday (H); Minimum Stay - 4-nights; Rates - $539/night, 5+ nights - $511/night, $3,486/week, $7,500/month.
GENERAL RATES AND FEES NOTES
A) 'Holiday Stays' (H): 4-day minimum;
B) All 'Peak' (P) Seasons: 2-day minimum - $682.00/night, 3-4 nights - $577.00/night, 5+ nights - $539.00;
C) All 'Off Peak' (OP) Seasons: 2-day minimum - $577.00/night, 3-4 nights - $539.00/night, 5+ nights - $511.00;
D) Peak Monthly - $9,000.00 (April - October); Off Peak Monthly - $7,500.00 (November - March);
E) Seasonal Hunting on Property - $600.00/night; Trespass Fee - $1,500.00/gun;
F) Event (i. e. weddings) Facility Fee - $350.00, Call for guidelines and charges,
G) Housekeeping Fee - $300.00; Additional Mid-Stay Cleanings Upon Request - $300.00/cleaning; Additional Cleaning Fee for over 13 guests - $100.00; Pet Fee (Dogs Only) - $75.00/pet;
H) Security Deposit: Greater of $750.00 or 40% of nightly rent. Maximum security deposit maximum - $1,000.00 (excluding events); Event Security Deposit: 49 or less Guests - $500.00; 50 or more Guests: Additional $250.00;
I) All Pay Per View (PPV) features on TV are charged to guests
J) Call for Specials;
K) Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 5200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 13-20
- King size beds (4), Queen size Beds (2), Twin or Single Beds (1), high quality full-height inflatable queen size beds (2), inflatable single bed (1). Downstairs Family Room - Sofa (1), Futon (1) This accommodation sleeps 13 - 20. King Beds - 4 - Sleeps 8 Queen Beds - 2 - Sleeps 4 Single Bed - 1 - Sleeps 1 Inflatable Queen Bed - 2 - Sleeps 4 Inflatable Single Bed - 1 - Sleeps 1 Downstairs Family Room - Sofa - Sleeps 1 Downstairs Family Room - Futon - Sleeps 1 Total - Sleeps 20...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 1. Main Kitchen has 2 dishwashers. 2. Second full kitchen in lower level. 3. Elliptical cross-trainer in game room. 4. Extra queen-size beds are full height auto-inflatable beds. Your sleep will be as restful on these beds as any other. They can be placed in any room. 5. All long distance and international calls are charged to guests. 6. All PPV features on TV are charged to guests. 7. Events allowed – call for guidelines and charges. 8. Winter Visits - Can have snowfall - Recommend 4-wheel drive or all wheel drive vehicles. 9. Mountain air is thinner – This accommodation is suitable for all healthy children, adults and elderly. Guests with respiratory conditions should consult their physicians first before booking....moreless
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Thanksgiving Holiday (H)
Nov 20 - Nov 30, 2015
4 night min stay
Off Peak-Early Winter (OP)
Dec 1 - Dec 17, 2015
4 night min stay
Christmas Holiday (H)
Dec 18 - Dec 31, 2015
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $750
- Pet Fee $85
- Housekeeping Fee $300
- Taxes Not included
2)All "Peak"(P) Seas: 2-dy min-$650/nt, 3-4 nts-$525/nt, 5+nts-$490/nt;
3)All "Off Peak" (OP) Seas: 2-dy min-$550/nt, 3-4 nts-$490/nt, 5+nts-$465/nt;
4)Peak Mo-$9K (Apr-Oct); Off-Peak Mo-$7.5K (Nov-Mar);
5)Seas Hunting-$600/nt; Tresp Fee $1,500/gun; Event Fee-$350;
6)Hskpg Fee-$250; Mid-Stay Upon Req.-$250; Dogs-$75/pet
7)Sec Dep Grtr of $750 or 40% rnt; Event Sec Dep Req
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Book with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Things To Do In / Near La Veta:.......... DOWNTOWN LA VETA.....This small, laid-back town at the base of the majestic Spanish Peaks is located along the Scenic Highway of Legends, La Veta, the vein, served as a vital lifeline a century ago; the town was originally a busy trading center, supplying the nearby area with goods. It is now home to a diverse population of artists and ranchers. Nine buildings on the site of an adobe trading post make up the Fort Francisco Museum. In addition to a schoolhouse and re-created general store, the fort contains collections of furniture, clothing, tools and more. While in town, visit the Spanish Peaks Arts Council and other local galleries for exhibits of local artists' works. Enjoy dinner at the historic La Veta Inn in the heart of town. Just down the street is the Ryus Avenue Bakery. The town offers numerous antique and gift shops for you to peruse. (19 min, 14 mi.).............HIGHWAY OF LEGENDS SCENIC BYWAY.....The Scenic Byway follows the Cucharas River north of the pass then leads into the Purgatory River Valley. It provides beautiful views of the Spanish Peaks as it leads southward through the San Isabel National Forest. The Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range lies to the west. (23 min., 16 mi.).............ASPEN VIEWING.....The beautiful aspen is the quintessential Colorado tree. In the summer, the aspen provide shade for the state flower, the columbine; and when fall foliage comes on the scene, Coloradans rejoice as the aspens’’ quaking leaves turn their vibrant shade of gold. A trip on the Highway of Legends or virtually any other road offers some of the most beautiful aspen viewing you will ever see.............LATHROP STATE PARK..... Nestled in the shadow of the Spanish Peaks, this park offers a gentle climate, 103 campsites, fishing, water-skiing, golf, hiking and great views of the nearby mountain ranges. Lathrop offers two distinctive fishing and boating opportunities. Marin Lake is a great fishing lake which can also be enjoyed by boating enthusiasts throughout the summer. Horseshoe Lake is a no wake lake which provides ample fishing opportunity and also a beautiful serene experience for kayakers. (31 min., 24 mi.).............RIO GRAND SCENIC RAILROAD ...... Originally, these workaday trains brought supplies to inaccessible mining settlements. Today, three routes run along the edge of the San Isabel National Forest and take riders past historic places still virtually inaccessible any other way. In the warmer months, riders can often see bears along the route to La Veta. Start and End Points are 1) La Veta to Alamosa, and 2) Alamos/Antonito or Alamosa to Monte Vista. (26 min., 14 mi.)...........GRANDOTE PEAKS GOLF CLUB .....Experience Grandote Peaks Golf Club one of the finest and most affordable golf courses in Colorado. You’ll find this beautiful Weiskopf/Morrish layout at the base of the majestic Spanish Peaks with spectacular views of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. Championship tees play over 7,000 yards, but with 4 sets of tees to choose from men and women of all skill levels can challenge themselves to an exhilarating round of golf. At the end of the day, relax on the clubhouse deck and take in a gorgeous mountain sunset. Experience Colorado golf at its finest. (28 min., 15 mi.)...............CUCHARA, COLORADO.......Cuchara is situated on the eastern slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the heart of the Cucharas River Valley. The town is surrounded by the San Isabel National Forest with all its' lakes, mountains and wilderness. On the east side of town is the West Spanish Peak. The Cuchara River flows along the edge of town. About 8 miles south of Cuchara Pass is North Lake State Wildlife Area, a trophy fishing area. A little further south is Monument Lake Park, a full service facility on the shores of Monument Lake. (48 min., 28 mi.)............... GREAT SAND DUNES......The Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve features the tallest dunes in North America and is just 35 miles northeast of Alamosa. It is an easy drive by U.S. 160. Against the backdrop of rugged 14,000-foot peaks in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the 30-square mile dune field, with no designated trails, invites you to explore freely. The natural system of the Park ranges from sand dunes to forests, from cottonwood groves to majestic mountain peaks and tundra. The highest elevation in the park is 13,604'. Play in intermittent Medano Creek, hike forest trails, or camp in the back country (1 hr. 8 min., 57 mi.)............... TAOS, NM.....Take a moment to explore Taos and discover the beauty, the culture, the people that make Taos and Northern New Mexico the Land of Enchantment. Seated on the high-desert mesa at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Taos is rich with art and steeped in history. Home to Taos Pueblo, the Village of Taos Ski Valley and a colorful array of surrounding communities, Taos County has something for everyone. (2 hrs., 8 min., 107 mi.)
- Primary: +1 773 706-8021 Call anytime
- Secondary: +1 7737068021
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Bristlecone Ranch - Spring / Summer
Sunset View - Spanish Peaks
Main Floor Laundry
Deck View - East
Fall View East - Spanish Peaks
North View - Mt Mestas
Lower Level Living/Dining Room
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 28, 2015
- Property typeHouse
Get a rental quote, then book it!
- Response time Within 2 days
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/28/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.