ATTENTION: from October 2018, Villa Pinna will be completely renovated. The layout changed, there is a new kitchen and 2 new bathrooms. After the renovation, new photos will be posted on this site.
No need for busy tourist areas? Looking for authentic Sardinian life among the local population?
Located just outside the village of Villaperuccio, in the south of Sardinia, between the vineyards and olive trees is this spacious villa with private pool (10x5). All rooms are located on the ground floor and around the house and by the pool you can enjoy the tranquility of the rural surroundings undisturbed. This place is ideal to serve as a base from which to discover southern Sardinia! In the vicinity there are also beautiful beaches (quiet and tourist), the capital Cagliari and many attractions in archaeological and cultural areas.
Within walking distance of the house are shops, a mini supermarket, bakery, butcher, pharmacy and restaurants / pizzeria.
This house is ideally suited to serve as a base for discovering the beautiful south Sardinian area. In the immediate vicinity you can:
- visit the excavations of Montessu, this large prehistoric necropolis, discovered and excavated since the 70s of the last century, is undoubtedly one of the most interesting archaeological sites on the island, because of the importance of the study of rituals and types of burial of the people living in Sardinia before the arrival of Nuraghe.
- view the Grotte Is Zuddas. The famous Is Zuddas caves are located on the Meana Mountain at 256 meters. This unique and unreal setting, houses four rooms with stalagmites and stalactites.
- climb the castle of Aquacadda. The ruins of this castle are spread over 3 levels on a volcanic rock. It dates from 1200 and was strategically placed as a viewpoint and because it was difficult to storm. A guide will tell you during a tour how life was at that time.
- enter the coal mines of Carbonia. This old coal mine "Miniera di Serbariu", active from 1937 to 1964, has been transformed into a "coal museum" after a major refurbishment. You will find an exhibition of the coal mine history and during the 45 minute tour, accompanied by a guide, you can experience the coal mine yourself..
- go to the zoo in Giba. Here is the natural park 'Parco degli Angeli'. Nice to spend a day and to get acquainted with many animal and plant species. Both a small playground and a picnic zone in the shade and a restaurant are available.
- visit the Sant'Antioco peninsula. This island in the southwest corner of Sardinia connected by a bridge. Upon arrival at the bridge you will see a beautiful lagoon with Sant 'Antioco in the background. These lagoons and salt flats are populated throughout the year by flamingos, stilts, cormorants and gulls. Sant'Antioco has countless historical sites such as the Chiesa di Sant'Antioco (built on the Punic and then Christian catacombs) and the nearby Museo Archeologico. The city has a wide port and an extensive 'centro storico'. There are countless beautiful beaches on the island, such as Maladroxia.
In Sardinia many varied events, festivities and fairs are organized during all seasons of the year. Every village has its own 'Sagra'. In Santadi (the village next to Villaperuccio) the Mauritanian wedding is celebrated annually. A colorful procession of folkloristic groups from different parts of Sardinia is followed by a real wedding on the big village square. A young couple is united in marriage through a religious ceremony, according to the old tradition of pastoral and farmers. And all visitors are witnesses!
Of course you can also enjoy the countless beautiful beaches that Sardinia has to offer. At 15 minutes from the house you will find Porto Pino, this beautiful sandy beach is very large and has a 'touristy' part (with rental of sunbeds, umbrellas and pedaloes), but a bit further you can lie down very quietly. It is also recommended to take a ride along the coast once, you will come across beautiful white sand beaches that you will only use.
Furthermore, a visit to the capital Cagliari and the excavations at Nora / Pula are a must. In the neighborhood of Cagliari are also several aqua parks where you can entertain yourself all day long.
And when you have been on such a busy day, you will return to the wonderfully peaceful surroundings of the holiday home, where you can enjoy beautiful sunsets while enjoying a glass of wine at the pool! Do not feel like cooking? At less than 200 meters from the house is the Pizzeria / ristorante Da Delfina where you can eat a great pizza at very reasonable prices or try the most delicious sardine dishes.