Exquisite, new, fully furnished, well appointed, air-conditioned, 900 square foot, one bedroom cottage located on Wellington Slip Road, St. George’s Parish, Bermuda, with waterfront access to Mullet Bay. The owners, Charles and Sonia, have lovingly made this cottage a beautiful haven to stay while you holiday in Bermuda, with all the amenities, at a fraction of the cost of hotels.
YOUR HOSTS – CREATING UNIQUE EXPERIENCES
Charles and Sonia live onsite in the main house, and will be on hand for all of your queries and needs. Committed to creating a first class experience, they offer a complimentary airport transfer to and from L.F. Wade International Airport (between the hours of 6.30 a.m. and 7.00 p.m.) - a quick 10 minute drive (a savings of approximately $60 - $80) and a stop at Somers Supermarket, the local grocery store, where you can stock up on essentials before settling into your home away from home. Then it’s on to The Boat Slip, where a homemade loaf of banana bread (baked by Sonia) and chilled bottle of Prosecco await you!
WELCOME TO THE BOAT SLIP - YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME
This spacious sunny cottage is suitable for up to 2 people.
· The kitchen includes a fridge, stove, full washer, dishwasher, cooking utensils, china and cutlery so that all of your culinary skills can be experienced. There is an eat at bar with two stools for your comfort.
· A beautiful cozy airy living room, furnished for your comfort, includes a flat screen television with access to many Canadian and U.S. channels and several movie channels when you wish to relax and have some down time. Free Wi-Fi is also available.
· Between the kitchen and living room is a full sized bathroom with a walk in glass shower.
· Upstairs is the cozy loft bedroom with a queen size bed, wardrobe, closet and dresser.
· Beautiful bedding, towels, and beach towels are included.
There is plenty of storage for your suitcases either in the bedroom or downstairs in the storage area off the kitchen.
· Off the kitchen is a European styled patio with a pergola sporting a stunning bougainvillea and outdoor table and chairs for your outdoor dining. There is a full sized grill in this area which Charles and Sonia are happy for you to use.
· Just off the patio, you will see the beautiful Mullet Bay and you will have use of a kayak to explore this immediate area.
ENJOY ALL THAT BERMUDA HAS TO OFFER
A 10-minute walk from the property you will find the historical town of St. George, a world heritage site and once the capital of Bermuda, where you can visit many historical sites, such as the State House and St. Peter’s Church, the oldest Anglican Church in the Western Hemisphere. You will find many cobblestone streets to explore and not far from the main Square, you will find the Unfinished Church, forts and two beautiful beaches, Tobacco Bay and Fort St. Catherine. The town of St. George includes numerous restaurants, bars, gift shops, a pharmacy, two Banks where you can access ATM machines and a water sports business. You can also take advantage of many walking tours. During certain months, a ferry operates from St. George’s to Dockyard another area with many historical features. From there you are able to connect with a ferry to take you into Hamilton, Bermuda’s capital and main shopping area.
Scuba diving excursions, paddle boarding, boat rental, golf courses, the beautiful Southside beaches and Coopers Nature Reserve are all within a 10-minute drive. Sonia will be available to share any information that you may require and there will be leaflets on the coffee table giving you as much information as possible.
You cannot rent cars in Bermuda.
One of the main bus routes is a 2-minute walk from the property. All buses are air-conditioned and you are able to travel all the way to the beautiful South Shore Beaches, which you may have read about. Just ask our friendly bus drivers for a bus transfer and transfer in Hamilton. Bus and ferry tickets are available for purchase in St. George or if you put in a request, Charles and Sonia will have some waiting for you on a cash basis.
Scooters are available to rent in Bermuda, but the latest rental on the market is the Renault Twizy electric car. Please explore what these cars have to offer by visiting www.currentvehicles.com. The owners have installed the necessary charging port onsite.
Should you require a taxi at any time, Bermuda successfully offers Bermuda Taxi Service - they can be contacted. There will also be available business cards of taxi drivers that Sonia and Charles can recommend and who operate out of the St. George area. Taxi fares can be quite expensive but very safe and all drivers are approved by the Bermuda Transport Control Department, as are their vehicles.
Should you be celebrating a special occasion, a company provides a beautiful vintage car service at an hourly rate. Please visit www.bermudafulmoments.com.
FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS PARADISE
Please come and explore our magical Island with its sparkling blue waters and pink sand. We know you will fall in love with this paradise. We would love to have you as our guest as we know that Bermuda will become your home away from home . . . “your place"