Charming NEW* cottage on the river across from Thornbury harbour. Unique location on 0 traffic cul de sac overlooking river, harbour and Bay, yet just 5 min. walk to 'downtown' THORNBURY (2 hr from Toronto, 15 min. from "Village at Blue" resort). *total 100% rebuild completed Dec 2017.
This tiny perfect cottage lives large, with vaulted barnboard-beamed ceilings throughout and wall to wall walkout to an expansive deck.
- Secluded Master suite with walkout to deck, ensuite bath with heated slate floor
- 2 small bedrooms on the other side of the cottage sharing a 2nd full bath
- Sunny kitchen with quartz counters, stainless appliances and island overlooking living/dining
- Convenient access from kitchen to gas Bar-b-q porch
- Cozy gas fireplace
- Quality casual furnishings
- Wall to wall glass walkout to expansive west-facing deck with separate lounge and dining areas
- Shed with power and workbench for ski-tuning, bike storage
Simply enjoy the cottage or get outside and:
- FISH the Beaver River from your backyard
- CYCLE the 35 km Georgian Trail (1 min. from your door), many scenic and challenging cyle routes, or mountain bike facilities / parks nearby
- WALK the river bank up to the fish ladder, dam and mill pond (5min. )
- SWIM from Little River Park beach or off the harbor pier, 5 min. walk
- PLAY TENNIS at Bayview Park public courts, basically 'across the street' 2 min. walk
- PADDLE the Beaver River (rent from Gyles in town or Free Spirit Tours farther upriver ) or Georgian Bay
- SAIL the Bay from the harbour across the river via footbridge, 2 min. walk
- BROWSE & BUY local artists work in 'arts-burg' (Clarksburg), 5 min. drive
- GOLF Lora Bay's Raven or several other courses nearby, 10 min. drive
- HIKE the Bruce Trail, 10 min. drive to Kolapore access (for example)
- BIKE, ROCK CLIMB or SPELUNK the Niagara Escarpment
- SKI / SHRED/ TUBE the Blue Mountain (Village at Blue 15 min / private club Georgian Peaks 7 min. drive)
- ENJOY variety of events year-round in town or at 'Village at Blue' * 15 min. drive
* The Village at Blue is a multi-million-$, year-round resort offering skiing, snow boarding and tubing, Xtreme mountain biking, golf, rock climbing wall, nearby Scandanavie spa, year-round water play area and more. Hotels, restaurants, shops of all kinds in a pedestrian village. Check the events every week Eg.outdoor concerts, art shows, sports events and demonstrations, movie nights, etc. on their VILLAGEATBLUE website
THANKS for looking!
*** $C RATES SUMMARY ** utilities extra ***
SKI SEASON (Dec 1/18- Apr 15/19) $3,500 /mo. 4 month minimum
SUMMER SEASON (May 18-Oct 8/18 ) $5,000 /mo. 2 month minimum
OTHER $4,500 /mo. 1 month minimum
1. Rates do NOT include utilities / services, which we bill separately. It's more work for us, but more fair to you to pay only for your actual usage.
2. NO exceptions to TBM Bylaw 2013-50 mandating MINIMUM 30 NIGHT stay (Unfortunately, Owners cannot suppress somewhat misleading 'average daily' rates displayed for properties that are illegal to rent daily)