Across from harbour with views to the Bay. Unique location on 0 traffic cul de sac, 5 min. walk to 'downtown' Thornbury. *Total 100% rebuild completed Dec 2017*
This tiny perfect cottage has 3 cozy bedrooms but "lives large" with vaulted barnboard-beamed ceilings throughout and a surprisingly big open living/dining area with entire wall of glass to the river and expansive deck.
- Secluded Master suite with walkout to deck, ensuite Bath with double vanity and large shower, heated slate floor
- 2 more Bedrooms (one with double, other with bunkbed) on the other side of the cottage sharing a 2nd full Bath
- Large 3-sided gas fireplace
- Quartz countertops in sunny kitchen with stainless steel island open to living/dining
- Convenient kitchen access to gas bar-b-q under skylit roof
- Designer dining table, leather chairs (extends to seat 8)
- Economical GAS heat
- Wall to wall floor to ceiling glass to view harbour, river and Bay
- Small shed with power and workbench for ski-tuning, bike storage
*** If you are viewing this on VRBO.com, rates are shown in USD. Please visit homeaway.ca to see rates in CANADIAN dollars **
*** $C RATES SUMMARY ** Utilities are extra ***
SKI SEASON (Dec 1/18- Apr 15/19) $3,000 /mo.
SUMMER SEASON (May 18-Oct 8/18) $5,000 /mo. 2 mo. minimum
Please note rates do NOT include Mandatory Utilities (gas, hydro, water / sewer) nor Optional Services (wifi, snow removal). Grass cutting IS included in rates.
LESS THAN 30 NIGHT STAYS ARE ILLEGAL (per TBM Short Term Accommodation Bylaw 2013-50) so no exceptions, sorry.
UNIQUE location close to 'everything'!
- FISH the Beaver River from your backyard
- CYCLE the 35 km Georgian Trail (3 min. from your door), scenic and challenging on-road cyle routes, mountain bike trails
- WALK the river bank up to the fish ladder, dam and mill pond (5min.)
- SWIM from Little River Park beach or off the harbor pier, 5 min. walk
- PLAY TENNIS at Bayview Park public courts, basically 'across the street' 2 min. walk
- PADDLE the Beaver River or Georgian Bay (rent from Gyles Marine across the river footbridge, or Free Spirit Tours in Heathcote/other locations )
- SAIL from the harbour across the footbridge, 2 min. walk
- BROWSE & BUY local artists work in 'arts-burg' (Clarksburg), 5 min. drive
- TASTE wines at Coffin Ridge (30 min. drive), Georgian Hills (10 min. drive) or cider at Thornbury Cidery (15 min. walk)
- DINE at casual upscale restaurants (newest: celebrity chef Mark McEwan's Fabricca joins Bruce, the Mill, Bridges, Bruce, Dam Pub
- SAVOUR fair trade coffee at Ashanti, cinnamon buns at Thornbury Bakery, cheeses from The Cheese Gallery
- GOLF Lora Bay's Raven or several other courses nearby, 10 min. drive
- HIKE the Bruce Trail, 10 min. drive to Kolapore access for example (numerous other access points and lookouts)
- CLIMB/ SPELUNK/CAVE the Niagara Escarpment
- SKI / SHRED/ TUBE Blue Mountain (Village at Blue 15 min; private ski club Georgian Peaks 7 min. drive)
- UNWIND at Scandanavie Spa (15 min. drive)
- EXPERIENCE variety of events year-round in town or at 'Village at Blue' resort * 15 min. drive
* The Village at Blue is a multi-million-$, year-round resort offering skiing, snow boarding and tubing, Xtreme mountain biking, golf, rock climbing wall, spa, year-round water play area and more. Hotels, restaurants, shops of all kinds in a pedestrian village. Check the events every week Eg.outdoor concerts, art shows, sports events and demonstrations, movie nights, etc. on their VILLAGEATBLUE website