It's Five O'Clock Here! 433 Sundown Rd Mooresville, Nc 28117(19 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Cabin, Studio + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
This is a great couples retreat, or couple with a couple of children. My brother and his wife, their two boys and two of the boys friends have stayed there, but that is stretching the limit of 'comfortable.'
Basically Boys and Girls if you can get your significant other in the car with a few clothes it is a great surprise destination. I don't do large parties. I add this because I get numerous requests for large birthday parties, weddings, receptions, family reunions and you name it I have probably been asked. I'm just not equipped for large crowds or even crowds above 6. If you want to rent the boat or have a small cook out for about 10 max I will try to accommodate you as long as everyone is leaving before bedtime. Thanks for understanding.
If you are coming looking for real estate and you don't have an agent yet I can refer you to one of several that I refer to. They are all excellent and respond to your needs. There have been at least 7 guests who have purchased on the lake and sometimes depending on location we will look at the property by water. Let me know when you are making the reservations and I will connect you with an agent and you can start to narrow your search before you arrive.
- Kitchen furnished with granite counter-tops and black appliances, along with a coffee maker, pots pans, utensils, etc. All you need to bring is your food and shopping is close, within 3 miles of the loft.
- Living area is complete with a 46" flat screened TV, an array of DVDs and queen-sized futon for extra guests or children. Air mattress is also available.
- Large bathroom with tub/ shower, and washer/dryer. Sheets, bath towels, wash and hand towels, along with beach towels are provided.
- Large and small coolers for you to use.
- Large walk in closet.
- Wireless internet .
- Night time climb into the plush queen-sized Log Bed.
- Dock privileges with boat ramp close by, so you can bring your boat! The next door neighbors allow me to use their ramp as long as I am here. Their price is a 12 pack of Miller Lite which they leave in my refrigerator so the can just show up and have a beer.
-From previous requests, I now have a 1998 23ft. Bennington Pontoon with a 90HP Honda 4 stroke available to rent. $175/ day, or $35 / hour. Best price on the lake. Check it out, others are $250/ day to $450/ day on weekends and you have to go to them. This one is tied up at the dock waiting for you. Requires a $400 fully refundable cash deposit and signed rental agreement. Take it out full of gas and bring it back full and in good condition and your $400 will be handed right back to you. Please request the boat with initial request for cabin rental in case there should be a maintainence issue I can inform you, or occasionally I get requests from non guests for rentals.
-Floats, skis, kneeboard and tube are included in the boat rental.
Or if you would prefer to make advanced arrangements I will Captain you out for $75 per hour gas included. I will take you fishing for the same price. Skiing or tubing $90 / hour.
- I also run charter cruises with Captain and First Mate for 10 / 12 max. persons for $125 an hour. Two hour minimum.
- Take the cabin and boat for the week for $2,000 saving $225 off daily rental rates on each.
- Two person 10' fishing boat with electric trolling motor availble for $25/day, $100 / week
- Two 10' fishing/paddling Kayaks with paddles and paddling vests $20/ day each or $85 week each.
- Free Happy Hour Welcome Cruise (1 hour, $75 to $125 value), weather and season permitting, compliments of the Owner, so sit back relax with a cool drink and discuss the plans for your getaway and get familiar with the lake. Bring your camera, to get home ideas from some of the massive homes on the lake.
- Picnic shelter comes fully equipped with a gas and charcoal grills, ceiling fan, TV, swing and table and chairs. Hammock is available in the large open yard facing the lake.
During your stay you are free to lounge around swim or fish on the boat dock or on the pontoon boat. You are also welcome to ride along if you see the 'Captain' going out for a ride. I usually try to give you a little notice if know I'm going out.
(Unfortunately if we have a Charter Cruise booked I won't be able to accommodate additional guests on that cruise.)
In the summer, it's not uncommon to find some vegetables awaiting you when your boat ride is over. When the tomatoes are ripe you can pick a fresh one to slice for a sandwich or a burger.
Laidback is here, where are you?
Come spend a little time with me and my threee knucklehead pups. Meet my golden retriever Beau and my two rescues Jangles and Bizkit. They are very entertaining and love having guests visit. Beau loves "tug of war" Jangles loves belly rubs and Bizkit loves sleeping and food.
- Race City race park - 5 minutes
- Earnhardt's DEI - 15 minutes
- Charlotte Motor Speedway - 30 minutes
- Charlotte Bobcats, Panthers and Checkers arenas, as well as NASCAR Museum, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center and EpiCenter (downtown) - 30 minutes
- Charlotte Knights baseball - 30 minutes
- Davidson College - 10 minutes UNCC 30 minutes
- Lowes Corporate Headquarters and Lake Norman Regional Hospital - 5 minutes
Payment & Deposit
- 50% payment, via cash or check, will be due in order to confirm reservation. Remaining balance will be required 30 days prior to arrival. For rental call or email to confirm reservation. Then send check to Mark Hall 433 Sundown Rd. Mooresville, NC 28117.
- 95% refund will be provided for reservations cancelled more than 90 days from date of arrival.
- 50% refund for cancellations within 30-90 days of date of arrival if unit can not be rented for full price.
- 25% refund for cancellations within 30 days of date of arrival if unit can not be re-rented at full price.
- $100 processing fee deducted from all deposit refunds less than 90 days if unit re-rents at full price.
-Refunds will be made via personal check first class mail.
Check in is 3:00pm. Check out is 11:00am. Every effort will be made to accomodate early check in and later check out times if other rentals or availability make it possible. Just ask.
Keywords: Studio, Garage Apartment, Loft, Pontoon Boat Rental
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 850 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Tub and shower, sink, toilet and washer and dryer
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Mar 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Boating and Fishing
Apr 1 - Oct 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Boating and Fishing
Apr 1 - Oct 31, 2018
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Departure Cleaning $60
- Tax Rate 6.75%
More than 4 people subject to $10 /night for each additional person. Rates are subject to change until reservations are made.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I left corporate America December 2007 and have survived on my real estate investments since that time. The Garage Loft has been used as a long term rental but 5 years ago when it came open I decided it might be fun and interesting to rent it out to folks weekly. This has proven to be true. I look forward to sharing my over 1 acre lot on Lake Norman with you. I can be as scarce as you desire however I do live in the main house next door. Come try log cabin living for a while. Hopefully we can enjoy a boat ride and a few laughs and you can relax here at the lake.
- Primary: (704) 658-8027 (North Carolina, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Log Cabin Loft, in the front door and upstairs to your vacation destination.
View of the living area with kitchen in the background and of the bed far right.
Kitchen, breakfast bar and into the bedroom.
The first view of the cabin when you go upstairs.
Watch TV while cooking or grabbing a cool one.
Gone Fishing. View from the TV back to the kitchen.
Boat rental available. Feel free to lounge on the boat or tag along on a ride.
From the dock back to the loft. Stop and watch TV under the picnick shelter.
View of the deep water Cove and dock.
View of kitchen and living area and sliding glass door to the screened porch.
Welcome to the lake! The plush queen sized bed in front of the picture window.
All the kitchen comforts of home.
View from the bed across the livingroom to the screened porch.
28' long screened porch up in the trees looking down at the lake
Beau my Golden Pup who is always glad to have company
Taken looking out at lake from the screened porch.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.