About the property
- Cabin850 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
Cabin, Studio + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
Comfortable lake front log cabin studio loft on deep water cove on the largest lake in NC. This comfortable 850 square foot log cabin loft is nestled upstairs in the trees above a detached garage with a great view of Lake Norman, which can be enjoyed from the comforts of the loft or from the 28' screened in porch. Walk in the front door and head upstairs to your retreat. You do not share the cabin. The rental is one large open room above a detached garage (no one reads this so I add it again) with everything you need (the main house is next door). The only walls and doors are to the large bathroom and closet. I add this because I have had request for 6 adults which I can't in good conscience accept.
This is a great couples retreat, or couple with a couple of children. My brother and his wife, their two boys and two of the boys friends have stayed there, but that is stretching the limit of 'comfortable.'
Basically Boys and Girls if you can get your significant other in the car with a few clothes it is a great surprise destination. I don't do large parties. I add this because I get numerous requests for large birthday parties, weddings, receptions, family reunions and you name it I have probably been asked. I'm just not equipped for large crowds or even crowds above 6. If you want to rent the boat or have a small cook out for about 10 max I will try to accommodate you as long as everyone is leaving before bedtime. Thanks for understanding.
If you are coming looking for real estate and you don't have an agent yet I can refer you to one of several that I refer to. They are all excellent and respond to your needs. There have been at least 7 guests who have purchased on the lake and sometimes depending on location we will look at the property by water. Let me know when you are making the reservations and I will connect you with an agent and you can start to narrow your search before you arrive.
- Kitchen furnished with granite counter-tops and black appliances, along with a coffee maker, pots pans, utensils, etc. All you need to bring is your food and shopping is close, within 3 miles of the loft.
- Living area is complete with a 46" flat screened TV, an array of DVDs and queen-sized futon for extra guests or children. Air mattress is also available.
- Large bathroom with tub/ shower, and washer/dryer. Sheets, bath towels, wash and hand towels, along with beach towels are provided.
- Large and small coolers for you to use.
- Large walk in closet.
- Wireless internet .
- Night time climb into the plush queen-sized Log Bed.
- Dock privileges with boat ramp close by, so you can bring your boat! The next door neighbors allow me to use their ramp as long as I am here. Their price is a 12 pack of Miller Lite which they leave in my refrigerator so they can just show up and have a beer.
-From previous requests, I now have a beautiful 23ft. Bennington Pontoon with a 115HP 4 stroke Yamaha available to rent. $225/ day, or $45 / hour. Best price on the lake. Check it out, others are $250/ day to $450/ day on weekends and you have to go to them. This one is tied up at the dock waiting for you. Requires a $500 fully refundable cash deposit and signed rental agreement. Take it out full of gas and bring it back full and in good condition and your $500 will be handed right back to you. Please request the boat with initial request for cabin rental in case there should be a maintainence issue I can inform you, or occasionally I get requests from non guests for rentals.
-Floats, skis, kneeboard and tube are included in the boat rental.
Or if you would prefer to make advanced arrangements I will Captain you out for $75 per hour gas included. I will take you fishing for the same price. Skiing or tubing $90 / hour.
- I also run charter cruises with Captain and First Mate for 10 / 12 max. persons for $125 an hour. Two hour minimum.
- Take the cabin and boat for the week for $2,200 saving $495 off daily rental rates on each.
- Two 10' fishing/paddling Kayaks with paddles and paddling vests $20/ day each or $85 week each.
- Free Happy Hour Welcome Cruise (1 hour, $75 value), weather and season permitting, compliments of the Owner, so sit back relax with a cool drink and discuss the plans for your getaway and get familiar with the lake. Bring your camera, to get home ideas from some of the massive homes on the lake.
- Picnic shelter comes fully equipped with a gas and charcoal grills, ceiling fan, TV, swing and table and chairs. Hammock is available in the large open yard facing the lake.
During your stay you are free to lounge around swim or fish on the boat dock or on the pontoon boat. You are also welcome to ride along if you see the 'Captain' going out for a ride. I usually try to give you a little notice if know I'm going out.
(Unfortunately if we have a Charter Cruise booked I won't be able to accommodate additional guests on that cruise.)
In the summer when the tomatoes are ripe you can pick a fresh one to slice for a sandwich or a burger.
Laidback is here, where are you?
Come spend a little time with me and my threee knucklehead pups. Meet my golden retriever Beau and my two rescues Jangles and Bizkit. They are very entertaining and love having guests visit. Beau loves "tug of war" Jangles loves belly rubs and Bizkit loves sleeping and food.
- Race City race park - 5 minutes
- Earnhardt's DEI - 15 minutes
- Charlotte Motor Speedway - 30 minutes
- Charlotte Bobcats, Panthers and Checkers arenas, as well as NASCAR Museum, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center and EpiCenter (downtown) - 30 minutes
- Charlotte Knights baseball - 30 minutes
- Davidson College - 10 minutes UNCC 30 minutes
- Lowes Corporate Headquarters and Lake Norman Regional Hospital - 5 minutes
Payment & Deposit
- 50% payment, via cash or check, will be due in order to confirm reservation. Remaining balance will be required 30 days prior to arrival. For rental call or email to confirm reservation. Then send check to Mark Hall 433 Sundown Rd. Mooresville, NC 28117.
- 95% refund will be provided for reservations cancelled more than 90 days from date of arrival.
- 50% refund for cancellations within 30-90 days of date of arrival if unit can not be rented for full price.
- 25% refund for cancellations within 30 days of date of arrival if unit can not be re-rented at full price.
- $100 processing fee deducted from all deposit refunds less than 90 days if unit re-rents at full price.
-Refunds will be made via personal check first class mail.
Check in is 3:00pm. Check out is 11:00am. Every effort will be made to accomodate early check in and later check out times if other rentals or availability make it possible. Just ask.
Keywords: Studio, Garage Apartment, Loft, Pontoon Boat Rental
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 16, 2018
About Mark Hall
I left corporate America December 2007 and have survived on my real estate investments since that time. The Garage Loft has been used as a long term rental but 8 years ago when it came open I decided it might be fun and interesting to rent it out to folks weekly. This has proven to be true. I look forward to sharing my over 1 acre lot on Lake Norman with you. I can be as scarce as you desire however I do live in the main house next door. Come try log cabin living for a while. Hopefully we can enjoy a boat ride and a few laughs and you can relax here at the lake.
Mark Hall purchased this Cabin in 2005
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Great rental, very cozy.
The lloft was beautifully decorated and had all the amenities needed. It is located on a quiet street right on the lakes edge. We had a great time and highly recommend this rental.
Thank you so much Kim and Tim for the very nice review. I hope you can return for a longer stay. Maybe the October races. Thanks again.
Property well maintained, cabin was very clean
We had a very relaxing stay and the fishing was great. The location was good too, it was close to shopping and restaurants.
Relaxing and comfortable.
Mark, Bo, Jangles, and Biscut made us feel like family. We loved the quiet mornings on the deck with coffee. Paradise! We loved it so mich we bought a house down the road on the lake.
Sue and Mike, It was a pleasure having you as guests and now having you as friends. Time moved fast the last couple of days. So glad you scored big on a property. Glad I could help in some small way. Very much looking forward to you as "friends" on the lake. you know it's always 5 O'Clock Here. Mark
A time to relax and reflect
My husband and I found Marks bungalow online the pictures were beautiful and on our arrival we were not disappointed . We were greeted by Mark and his three pups it was an instant connection . The bungalow was super clean and had everything you might need even a hair dryer which of course I forgot at home. I totally enjoyed sitting on the porch late at night listening to the gentle movements of the lake and trees. Mark was very generous and took us out on a sunset boat ride it wonderful. I would highly recommend a visit to It's Five O'clock Somewhere you will not be disappointed . Thank you and hope to see you again after the holidays .
I'm guessing this is Colleen and Bob since you "threatened" to review me when you were here. We, the pups and I, really enjoyed your visit. I'm so glad you found me. Thank you for the nice review and the kind words. I really look forward to your return visit and if you can re-locate down here, I'm sure we will see each other often. Thank you.
Gary and Cookie White
After a tedious tax season, Gary found Mark's place for our post tax get away. It was such a treasure to find this lovely, what I term, bungalow complete with a pontoon! The pups were a great addition to the welcoming we received each morning and Mark couldn't have been a better host. The views were outstanding, the floats allowed us to enjoy the water as we lazily "vegged out" for several days. This rental has everything you could possibly think of needing; an outdoor grill, tables and chairs for outdoor relaxing, a screened in porch if mosquitoes love you like they do me; water gear for lots of activities, surrounding restaurants and places of interest to visit; and a host to hang out with! The only downside is telling everyone about this neat spot and having Mark book it up before we can get our next dates on the schedule!!
We look forward to a fall visit and seeing Mark and the pups again! I would love to do some writing here....who knows? Thank you, Mark. You're the best! See you this fall!
What a pleasure it was to have you here. I really have been lucky with my guests. They have all been great but certain ones leave a lasting impression as Gary and Cookie did. Everyone says they are "coming back" and I'm hoping you do!
Wonderful place to spend our week. Mark is a great host with attention to detail. Our favorite beer was even waiting in the fridge with frosted mugs. We were able to keep our boat at his dock, and the outside living area is great. Cabin was immaculate. We used the screened porch morning and night. Great restaurants are nearby. We will definitely be back soon!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
More than 4 people subject to $10 /night for each additional person. Rates are subject to change until reservations are made.