Private country estate with both summer and winter sports close to Toronto
The house itself is a beautifully appointed, full of 'Canadiana' pine furniture and antiques. It has 4 bedrooms which include 2 master bedrooms, each with an ensuite bathroom. Sleeps 8 comfortably with 1 king, 1 queen and two sets of twin beds. There are 3 full bathrooms, each equipped with a shower and bathtub. The living area has a spacious, attractive living room centred around a wood-burning fireplace and a separate dining room which seats 10. There is a large, fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher. At the front of the house is a large screened in veranda which is wonderful all summer - it has a beautiful view overlooking the large trout pond and swimming pool with forest in the distance.
The house also has a satellite TV. tennis racquets, 2 bicycles, a croquet set, golf clubs, some board games and a gas fired barbecue.
There are 85 acres of ponds, streams, forests and open spaces. It is in the Mulmur Hills, 65 miles north-west of Toronto and 15 miles north of Orangeville Ont and is completely secluded. This area is designated Niagara Escarpment land and accordingly has reduced development all around.
There is a 2nd house on the property about 1/4 mile away. This house is smaller, has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is also available for rent from time to time.
Renting both houses (7 double bedrooms) creates an ideal wedding venue as there are big open lawn spaces for a tent. Nearby hotels can accommodate additional guests.
Not only is the property beautiful to live on, but it offers a host of outdoor activities on the property: swimming, tennis, hiking, fishing, cross country skiing, snow-shoeing and even skating.
Nearby are even more activities- hiking on the Bruce Trail, downhill skiing, ski-dooing, cross country skiing and snow-shoeing on groomed public trails.
On the property, it is not uncommon to see deer, wild turkeys, beaver, duck, geese and great blue herons- truly a northern Canadian experience.
What makes the property more attractive is that, although totally private , it is close to all kinds of shopping, fine and family dining and cultural and historic sites.
The property is located :
- 65 miles and 80 minutes from downtown Toronto, even less from Mississauga and Oakville and 1 hour from Pearson International Airport.
Amenities and activities nearby include:
- 1/2 mile from public cross-country skiing, snow-shoe & snow-mobile trails
- 2 miles from Shelburne for all the basic necessities such as food, gas and liquor.
- 2 miles from a good 18 hole public golf course
- 2 miles from a section of the well-known Bruce Trail for hiking and biking
- 10 miles from downhill skiing at Mansfield Ski Resort
- 15 miles from Orangeville, which provides a large variety of shopping at various Canadian retail chain and big box stores along with all types of restaurants, live theatre and a movie complex.
- 20 miles from the picturesque Ontario country town of Creemore with its antique stores, restaurants and shopping
- 30 miles from Collingwood and Georgian Bay with much more downhill skiing and water sports
- 30 miles from Canada's Wonderland, one of Canada's best amusement or theme parks for kids
- 90 minutes by car to the well-known Stratford Shakespearian Theatre which operates from May to Oct every year
- 2 hours to the Shaw Festival in picturesque Niagara-on-the-Lake, the nearby vineyards with excellent restaurants, as well as Canada's famous Niagara Falls.
A slide show of the house and property are available upon request.
Keywords: Beautifully furnished country house with private pool, tennis court and trout pond