Large Luxury House in Carcassonne Center with Garden(59 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
4 bedroom 3.5 bath house with garden, sleeps 9, walk to town & Cité
The traditional 2-story design from the 1860s has been recently updated to offer the best of both worlds. Maison Juliette spans 290 m2 (3000 sq.ft.) of living space. The ground floor includes a newly remodeled kitchen that is fully equipped for gourmet cooking, a dining room that seats 10, two living rooms, plus a half bath. The upper floor includes 4 bedrooms with fireplaces and 3 full bathrooms. Three of four bedrooms can have either single or queen beds. The house sleeps 9 people, with a flexible mix of single and double beds, and no sofabeds.
A freshly landscaped garden offers a beautiful oasis where you can enjoy the outdoors in privacy. The summer kitchen and garden dining area provide a casual and comfortable setting for enjoying meals outdoors.
The Cité is a 1km walk to the east, and the commercial centre of Carcassonne is a 500m walk to the west. Experience a different kind of holiday - luxury in the center of a lively city, an easy walk to everything.
Carcassonne area golf & ski: Carcassonne is ideally located in southwest France, only 45 min. from the Mediterranean beaches, an hour and a half from the Pyrenees ski resorts, and an easy 3-hr drive to Barcelona, Spain.
Most of the ski resorts of the Eastern Pyrenees are easily accessible from Carcassonne: Font Romeu, Les Angles, Andorra and Ax-les-Thermes.
Situated close to the medieval town, the Carcassonne Golf Club well deserves its reputation as a course of international standard. The 18 hole course totals 5800 meters (6280 yds), with a par of 71, and is open all year round.
Carcassonne water sports, cycling and motorcycling: The Aude River, only 100m from Maison Juliette, offers great kayaking. Several companies offer white water rafting and canoeing trips.
Lac de la Cavayère is a small recreational lake just 6km from Maison Juliette. With its sandy beaches, lifeguard-protected swimming areas, fishing, picnic areas, grass walking paths, this lake is a true haven of peace, freshness and delight.
Carcassonne is a wonderful area for bicycling. In fact, many world-class cyclists have chosen to make their home in the area between Carcassonne and Barcelona. Two of the owners of Maison Juliette are cyclists, so please contact us for suggestions on cycling routes in the area.
If you prefer two-wheeled touring with an engine, there are many wonderful motorcycling roads in the area. Three of four owners are also motorcyclists, so we'll be glad to offer you our route maps.
Local events and festivals: Every year, Carcassonne hosts several major festivals - Jazz Week in April, the Festival of Music in June, Festival of the Cité in July, fabulous fireworks on Bastille Day (July 14), Spanish Week in August, Nautical Jousting in September, and a Christmas Festival in December.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 290 m²
- Max. occupancy 9
- Events Allowed
Highchair and crib available. Kitchen includes a set of unbreakable plastic dishes. Walled south-facing garden is a safe place to play. (The owners have 9 children between the 4 of them :-)...moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
- Each bedroom has a marble fireplace and a large window opening either to the garden or the street view. Three bedrooms have large (160cm) beds that can be converted to two single beds , so we can easily accommodate a mix of couples and singles. Just let us know your preference when booking. The largest green bedroom can be configured with either a queen-sized bed (160x200) plus a single bed (80x200) or three single beds....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The ground floor has a half bath (WC) for convenience. The upper floor has three full bathrooms, all remodeled in 2012. The master bedroom has private bathroom with shower enclosure & bidet. The smallest pink bedroom also has a private bathroom with shower enclosure. Finally, there is a large full bath that is shared by the blue & green bedrooms, which includes double sinks, a bidet and tub/shower combination....moreless
- House has 12 foot (4m) ceilings throughout. Mosaic terrazzo floors on the ground floor; original wood floors in the rest of the house. Wonderful curved wooden doors in library and green bedroom. Double-glazed windows throughout, so house stays cool during the summer and warm during winter....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Games For Kids
- MP3 Dock
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Parking On Street
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Pantry Items:
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Early spring '17
Mar 4 - Apr 28, 2017
3 night min stay
Late spring '17
Apr 29 - Jun 9, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 10 - Sep 1, 2017
3 night min stay
Bastille Day '17
Jul 8 - Jul 14, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Oct 27, 2017
3 night min stay
Oct 28 - Dec 22, 2017
3 night min stay
Winter holidays '17-'18
Dec 23 - Jan 2, 2018
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $540.00
- No additional mandatory fees
Discount of 300 €/week offered for 2nd and later weeks offered all year.
Payments via credit card, bank transfer in euros, or checks in USD.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Maison Juliette is situated in the heart of Carcassonne, midway between the medieval walled Cité and the Bastide St. Louis, Carcassonne's commercial center. No car is required - enjoy a different kind of holiday in the centre of a lively city.
• The riverbank, with its beautiful walking paths offering views of the Cité is only 100m from the house.
• Numerous restaurants and bakeries are within a 500m walk. An internet cafe is within 300m; the post office is 400m, and several ATMs are within 500m.
• The Canal du Midi, which runs from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic, is also just 500m from Maison Juliette.
• There's a small swimming lake (Lac de la Cavayère) just 6 km, with lifeguard-protected swimming area, picnic tables, volleyball courts and zip lines.
• Most popular ways to get to Carcassonne:
1) Fly into Carcassonne airport on RyanAir (UK's budget airline) from Brussels, London/Stanstead and many other UK cities.
2) Fly into Toulouse and take a 1-hour train to Carcassonne, or simply rent a car and drive. The Carcassonne train station is 700m from the house. If you arrive by train with only a small rolling bag, you can easily walk to the house, or catch one of the taxis that line the street in front of the train station.
3) Fly into Barcelona and take a 3-hr train (or drive) to Carcassonne.
4) Fly into Paris, stay a few days to see that beautiful city, and take the 5-hr TGV (high-speed train) to Carcassonne.
5) Combine strategies 2 and 4 - you can often fly into Paris and out of Toulouse (or vice-versa) for about the same cost as a round-trip. Then just take the TGV one-way to/from Paris.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Maison Juliette is owned by two California couples: Eric and Jeannine and their good friends, Ian and Sue. Eric grew up in Paris and always dreamed of owning a second home in the south of France. His wife Jeannine was easily convinced of the wisdom of this idea :-), and their enthusiasm soon infected their close friends, Sue & Ian.
Why the Owner Chose Carcassonne, France:
We wanted a vacation home in the center of a small city - walking distance shops, restaurants and tourist sights - so we could relax and experience the European pedestrian-centered lifestyle, and our teenagers could be independent but still safe. Carcassonne is friendly city with about 50,000 residents. The Cite is the largest restored castle in all of Europe, attracting three million visitors each year. Carcassonne is far enough south that the weather is temperate all year. The beach is only a 45-minute drive away - unless you count the lake, which the locals call 'Carcassonne Beach' :-).
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Walk to everywhere! And if you really want a rental car, there's plenty of free on-street parking directly in front of the house.
- Primary: +1 650.996.4410
Links to more information:
Three story stone house built in the 1860s with a private garden
Formal salon has French doors to garden and plenty of seating space.
Casual library has two couches, desk & bar
Large remodeled kitchen as 2 sinks, lots of counterspace, and bar seating for 6.
Dining room table expands to seat 10 people.
Master BR has fireplace, desk and reading chair, large closets and private bath
Largest bedroom can have 1 double (160cm) bed and 1 single bed or 3 single beds
Blue bathroom is shared between green and blue bedrooms and has a double sink.
Floor plan of ground level living areas.
Enjoy the private south-facing walled garden, with dining space for 10.
Cité, the medieval castle, is only 1km walk. Over 4 million visitors/year see it
Place Carnot, Carcassonne's central square, is just a 500m walk
An impressive entrance door welcomes you
The TV/DVD are hidden away in a cabinet. Curved doors show artistry of 1860s.
You can close connecting doors between salon & library for more quiet.
There's a dishwasher, four-burner stove, oven, microwave, and large refrigerator
Grand central hallways connect all the rooms.
Master bathroom with shower, sink, toilet & bidet
Blue bedroom has fireplace, armoire, and can have 2 single or 1 double bed.
Smallest rose bedroom has double bed, fireplace and small private bathroom.
Floor plan upstairs. Red, green and blue bedrooms have separable beds.
South-facing garden was redone in Feb 2015, with room to dine and relax
Entrance to the Cite over a drawbridge.
Walk to farmers markets, held 3 times/week in the central square
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.