Dream Holiday on a Sailboat with Captain Nicola(5 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:Boat
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Sleeps 6. 3 Bedroom. 1 Bathroom.
For an additional skipper fee you can exit at sea with Captain Nicola to visit any mentioned places
Attention!! beware of imitations
- My boyfriend Joe and I spent 5 days on the KalaNag and it was amazing! Captain Nicola is an amazing person. He's so fun, and was such a pleasure to be around from beginning to end. He always made sure we felt comfortable and safe. He is a very skilled captain and knows how to not only handle his boat, but direct his guests properly so that we felt in control as well. The boat was also kept very clean- we felt right at home. We sailed and stayed in Sorrento, Capri, Positano and Amalfi. It was great to be able to take the boat places and then go into shore by dingy whenever we wanted to explore. Sleeping under the stars on the water at night while staring at towns people only see through paintings is a once in a lifetime experience. We loved the feeling of being with a local, with insider knowledge of the areas and tips on places to go. We were able to avoid almost all the tourists and crowds and really experience Sorrento and Capri at our own pace. We are recommending this to anyone that wants an adventurous out of the box vacation. Saying 'we sailed the Amalfi Coast' has a pretty good ring to it when you get back home. We're going to be keeping in touch with Nicola, as well as rave about this trip forever
- !Wow! What a stay we had on the Kalanag with Nicola. We set sail as soon as we had stocked up (Nicola was kind enough to drive us to the supermarket) and spent the next 4 night 5 days meandering around one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. It was stunning, Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano and Capri, and Nicola stopped whenever we wanted so we could swim or visit these amazing places. If you decide to stay on the boat, you MUST do this - it is the only way to see this area! Do not just stay moored as it would be a real shame for you to miss this opportunity. The boat was immaculately kept. There were 4 of us and it was cosy but it was what we expected size wise and weel equipped with everything you need - we were lucky enough to have unseasonably good weather so spent the majority of our time on deck. I couldn't recommend Nicola and his boat highly enough and hope to go back again to stay on the Kalanag! We met a great person in Nicola and hope to remain friends and see him again soon! Ciao Capitano! :)
-We had a fabulous stay on Nicola's sailing boat. The boat was comfortable and very well maintained. We really loved having our breakfast on deck each morning watching life in the marina go by. We chose to stay in Castellammare because it is easy to reach Pompei and Ercolano and not as touristy as other towns in the area. Nicola is a great host and our day out on the boat around the coast was just superb with lunch at a beach restaurant. Highly recommend a stay there.Absolutely a fantastic and unforgettable vacation, the major highlight of my two week trip to Italy. Nicola is a great host: an intelligent and funny man who's also an excellent captain and skipper (I remember the great compliment he received from another skipper at the Amalfi port). He's a great companion but also gives privacy to the group. Upon our arrival he took us to a simple yet delicious trattoria in Castellamare di Stabia and made sure we are graffa from a very popular street vendor - graffa is a kind of deep fried donuts filled with your choice of Nutella or white chocolate - so delicious! You may not find Castellamare as stunning as the other towns on the Naples Bay, but it's authentic and charm is in the details. We spent 4 days and 4 nights inside the Kala Nag. It's a lovely sailboat with 3 cabins and very well kept. Captain Nicolas sleeps in one cabin, so the other cabins are reserved for guests. We were 3 guests (one couple and myself). It was comfortable enough for the 3 of us. Be aware that this is not a luxury boat. The cabins are small, but comfortable enough for 1-2 people each. There's one small bathroom. If you don't sleep on a port, the boat will move a little, so take some pills with you if you get sea sick. Our small group had to rely on those pills and they worked just fine. Cooking appliances and a fridge are available. Nicola brought us fresh fruit, wine and even freshly made pastries in our first morning. The deck is where all of the socializing happens. It was absolutely priceless to sleep under the stars in Capri, swim in front of ancient ruins in Amalfi, take a wonderful dive in the ocean in Positano and see the golden sunsets while listening to bossa nova and Italian jazz. We spent one evening in the port of Amalfi and enjoyed the friendliness of the staff there. Captain Nicolas made sure to select his favorite swimming spots and told us wonderful tales of historical and mythological facts associated with those islands and towns. If you pay enough attention you can even see Ulysses' mermaids :) At the end of our trip Nicola even drove us to the ruins of Pompei, just 5km away. If you have an adventurous spirit, enjoy stunning nature and history, this is the trip for you. I would definitely recommend Captain Nicolas and his lovely sailboat to anyone. I cannot wait to go back. Captain: thanks for making this trip so memorable. More than a great host, you became a friend. Grazie, cheers, salute!
Member since: 2014
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
- Ocean View
- Water View
- Linens Provided
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 - Jul 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $60 per night, per additional guest
Aug 1 - Aug 31, 2017
4 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $60 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleanig fee $70
The extra fees can be payed at check out only in Cash
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: My passion is the sea. Anyone who knows me considers me a nice person, reasonable, reliable, helpful and honest. I do not like to submit to injustice. I always try to leave a good memory of me, wherever I go back I am always welcomed. I do not like to involve myself in other people's affairs, I am not curious. I love sports, art, reading and music. I like to eat well and drink, little but good. I always try to explore topics that interest me. I love my children and my wife. My hospitality is discreet, I am always open to dialogue and to be in company but do not like being intrusive, I try to put at ease my guests, I do my best because their stay is a pleasant, relaxing and fun. My slogan: "The best captain afford the storm in the port tavern"
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, March 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.