Swim Under a Thousand Stars. Cyprus Secluded Villa, Private Pool Not Overlooked(2 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Polis villa, tranquil, no neighbours. Sea views. Taverna bar village 250m. R & R
• Air conditioning
• Rural and secluded
• Private pool not overlooked
• Walk to village taverns/bars
• 2 persons or 2 + 2 children discounts
Romantic hideaway. Secluded, peaceful & rural, overlooking hills and sea. Wi-Fi. Optional playhouse.
Walk to village taverns/bars. 2 persons or 2 + 2 children discounts.
Low Rental Rate? If the rental rate showing appears to be too low, it is probably because the rates are not yet listed here for your dates, so the low season rate automatically appears. Please scroll down and click on the Link to my website, where you can view my full page, book securely and pay using Visa, Mastercard or Bacs Internet banking/Sepa.
This hideaway villa is idyllically situated within a pretty natural garden (plants selected to attract butterflies) on the hillside overlooking a beautiful valley, hills and sea at Polis.
The terrace upstairs is a wonderful spot to watch shooting stars from. This house has been built using traditional stone throughout which keeps it cool in summer and warm in winter, and wooden beams and shutters. It is spacious and furnished to a high standard.
2 of the bedrooms and bathrooms are downstairs, at either end of the house, which gives you more privacy. The lounge has TV with online media content streaming services including You Tube, films and live TV.
The lovely terrace gets welcome shade and a light breeze during the heat of the day. With the scent of the jasmine, it is a lovely spot to enjoy meals, read a book, or just lounge around and relax. Particularly stunning colour changes on the distant hills in front are a treat to watch at dusk and dawn. (In particular the sunrise if you can drag yourself to the terrace upstairs.) There is a practical handrail from the house to the poolside, so along with the ramp from the parking area to the house, may be helpful for guests with limited mobility and children.
Reached via a no through lane leading from the village, the peaceful location of this tastefully furnished house is completely private. The poolside offers seclusion and is not overlooked. There are no immediate neighbours.
Rare birds frequent this area so take your binoculars! If you look downhill to the right, you will see a cluster of trees in front of a quarry. There is a natural spring here, so the bird life is attracted to it.
The local village is a short walk of 300m and the square offers a selections of simple coffee shop/bars and 2 taverns. There is also free Wi-Fi there. Roda (Pomegranate) tavern is popular with our clients and the owner offers meze, and if you give her 24 hours’ notice, she can cook extra items for you.
It is on the right as you enter village square. She offers a small menu and pre bookable meze. Kebabs served too. Antonia tel. 26 732568. At the top of the lane there is a small Helium cheese and yogurt outlet open to the public. Halloumi cheese is eaten warm, best grilled or griddled. Only made in Cyprus.
Quaint Polis Town, a wonderful mix of old and new, is 8km, and can provide you with a fantastic selection of shops, restaurants, bars, banks and a pretty pedestrianised centre. Latchi with its pretty harbour and fish tavernas is just 2km further.
2 persons or 2 + 2 children up to 16 years’ discounts (by email) on selected dates. Email me to check.
• Marble staircase to first floor
• Double bedroom with adjoining bathroom, bath, shower over and WC
• Large 11m x 5m terrace
• Spacious open-plan extremely well equipped kitchen includes dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, USA style large fridge freezer, coffee maker, iron and hairdryer
• Open plan diner and 11m x 5m lounge
• Two twin bedrooms (wide beds) and 2 x adjoining shower & WC
• One shower has flat floor and shower curtain, possibly adequate for a wheelchair/limited mobility
• Doors downstairs are 81cm wide
• French doors to poolside terrace and ramp from front door to garden
• Private pool: 8.5m x 4.5m (depth 1m-1.8,). Roman steps and handrail
• Built in BBQ and Kleftiko oven
• Ramp with handrail access to house
• Wooden slatted pathway with handrail to poolside
• Garden features wild flowers which attract butterflies etc.
• Terraces with lighting for evenings
• Herb garden at rear
• Shaded terrace with seating and table
• Playhouse pre bookable on request
• Private off road parking for 4 cars
There are beautiful views from the villa and in the Spring orchids and wild flowers carpet the fields. Our clients most popular jeep excursions is to Lara Bay within the Akamas National Park, with its beautiful undeveloped golden sandy beach and clear blue waters. You can see where the turtles come to nest and lay their eggs. It is an interesting and bumpy day out.
Despite being a town, Polis (8km) has retained the relaxed feel of a village, with an interesting mix of old and new, and a wide variety of shops and restaurants including client favourites Arsinoe for fish, lively Moustakallis and serene In Town. It is well worth a visit and has something for everyone. Polis centre is pedestrianised which makes it more relaxing for a stroll, especially if you have children. Papantoniou supermarket is here, sells almost everything.
There is an endless stretch of natural and undeveloped beaches of sand and pebble all along this coastline of Polis Chrysochous, including Polis Camping beach easily identified by the tall eucalyptus trees. It has a café, and a new beach promenade which takes you all the way to Latchi Marina, about a 20-minute walk, passing a play area for children. Water Sports are available on the long stretch of beach in Latchi bay.
Latchi marina is a 7-minute drive from Polis and the mini-cruise to the Blue Lagoon where you stop for swimming is highly recommended. The water at Fontana Amorosa is turquoise and so clear it is perfect to snorkelling or scuba diving. You can also hire a small boat with a cool box to explore this beautiful coastline, which takes you past the Baths of Aphrodite.
Turning right at Polis on the E704 takes you towards Pomos, and then Pyrgos at the border. If you have time this is an interesting bendy pine scented scenic drive. There is a pretty harbour with 2 fish taverns and beautiful views at Pomos. Prior to 1974 the small hotels in Pyrgos were a weekend beach escape for people living in sweltering Nicosia. Then, with the Turkish invasion, the road to Pyrgos was inaccessible. Gradually people started re visiting using the coast road, and Pyrgos is a favourite with Cypriot families. Many of the taverns sell dishes "that Grandma used to make" including maxallepi, a favourite of Sundance Villas Manager Neoptolemos. There is an enormous ancient tree by the coffee shops, worth stopping to admire. Locals used to back their charcoal laden lorries up against it to ensure it was all packed tight before setting off on the coast road, but it is now protected. Pyrgos has a heart shaped sandy beach and few tourists. Another off the beaten track gem is Mylos Tavern nearby at Gialia village. Prior to 1974 it was a Turkish Cypriot school. What views and peace! Mrs Chrysoula makes all the food and also sells essential oils.
35 minutes’ drive south of Villa Aurora will bring you to the historical town of Paphos, which has something for everyone. Wednesday is a good day to visit as you can incorporate a trip to the market and buy fruit and vegetables (usually naturally ripened) which are brought in from the local villages. Easy parking opposite. Whilst in Paphos you could visit the ancient Mosaics in the harbour, and stroll around the old fort.
If you turn left at the end of the lane, through Simou, this will eventually take you to the T junction where you turn left for 2 of our favourite wineries for wine tasting and pre bookable food, Vouni at Panagia, and Kolios at Statos-Agios Fotios. The views on the drive are scenic, as are the views from the wineries. Nicole your Rep can pre book a table with a view for you.
I will send you lots more information on Cyprus before you go.
• Simou village: 300m
• Beach/sea: 10km
• Evretou Dam: 3km
• Folk museum: 3km
• Shop: 300m (Closed, await update)
• Cheese (Halloumi) and yogurt outlet: 200m
• Cafe with Internet: 300m
• Village tavernas: 300m
• Café burgers etc: 3km (Formerly Sa Buneri run by Eleni.)
• Polis: 8 km
• Latchi: 10km
• Paphos Airport: 40km
• Larnaca Airport: 155km
• Minimum Daily Rate: £79
• Rates are subject to change. This will not affect any bookings taken
• A refundable Damages Deposit of £200 may apply
• 2 persons or 2 + 2 children up to 16 years’ discounts on selected dates. Email me to check. Ignore the higher rate when booking.
RENTAL PRICE INCLUDES
• Welcome Hamper (7 nights and more), which includes wine, eggs, bacon, cornflakes, bread, margarine, water, milk, coffee and tea. Vegetarian or non-alcoholic option on request
• Linen and towels for house use and a pool towel per person
• Maid service: Prior to arrival and a light clean midway with change of linen and towels when staying 10 or more nights. Weekly for 21 nights
• Local Representative: Will contact you by text or email. A visit can be pre booked. We will provide you with her contact details on your Booking Form, and feel free to use her local knowledge
• Air conditioning 3 units (hot and cold) in bedrooms €6 per unit per day, pre pay owner
• Items below must be pre booked please:
• Complimentary Cot with linen, highchair, playpen, toy box and playhouse
• Camp bed
• A safe is provided
• The villa is not wheelchair friendly
• Car hire advisable
• 4 seater Taxi from Paphos Airport, one way, daytime €55 approx.
• 6 seater Taxi from Paphos Airport, one way, daytime €77 approx.
You may occupy the villa from 4pm. Vacate by 10am.
Changeover days apply according to bookings a
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2007
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Bath is upstairs.
- Weekly maid service. Our clients tell us this is the most secluded villa rental in Cyprus. Hi Irene, Have been waiting for some sun here to recapture the spirit of our holiday - some chance! It is very hard to expand on previous comments of people who have stayed at Villa Aurora but will try. If you need an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life then this is the place for you. We arrived in the dark and in pouring rain so were unable to appreciate the location until the next morning - breathtakingly beautiful! Taking in the panoramic views on the roof terrace as the sun rose with the first cuppa of the day - magic. We live in the country but the position of the villa meant you are able to appreciate the views at all times of the day - and at night the sky was wall to wall stars. Having been to Cyprus before we chose to make this holiday a 'chill out' one which we did to the full - we got up intending to go out, looked at each other and thought 'we'll stay here'. ........moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch / Veranda
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 wks for 2 November & March
Nov 1 - Mar 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Contact me for rates
Apr 1 - Sep 28, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
Use above Approximate prices as a Guide only. Please use the Link at the bottom of this page, through to my SundanceVillas.co.uk webpage for more information. Lower rates for 2 persons on most dates - please enquire. Changeover day: Wednesdays & Sundays generally. Rates are subject to change. This will not affect any bookings taken.
Rental includes: Welcome hamper including chilled wine, eggs, bacon. Maid service. Free Wi-Fi. Linen and towels. Pool towels. Soap at all basins. Home from home items.
Verified Review: Dear Lauren, We found Villa Aurora delightful in virtually every way. We didn't want to put the immersion heater on - I think we used it twice, once by accident once by design - so we adjusted showering and shaving to the afternoon when we had plenty of hot water. That said, we have nothing but praise:- Shangri La translated to Cyprus, under a different but most appropriate name as I found myself getting up early to watch each day's dawn, a wonderful sight. We were so absorbed by Aurora's attractions that we ended up making a fraction of the excursions that we had in mind! Having said that we will almost certainly visit Kykkos and the Troodos mountains next year and are entertaining the notion of that long day excursion to Israel. Any details would be appreciated. You will know that we have expressed the wish to book Aurora next year for the four plus weeks... I cannot end this ever lengthening review without expressing how much we appreciated the warmth and hospitality of Michalis, Stefanos and Chrysoulla, and, indeed, the warm generosity of spirit that seems to infect the island. On one occasion we gave a fellow customer at a local supermarket so much amusement that he dived into his van and presented us with a bunch of herbs. I quote this only as a particular illustration of a general trait. Delightful people everywhere and delightful experiences daily. And, of course, there is you and your representative, Nicole. Your organisation has been efficient...
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Simou village: 300m, Beach/sea: 10km,
Evretou Dam: 3km, Folk museum: 3km, Latchi: 10km, Shop: 300m, Local Tavernas: 300m, Local restaurant Sa Buneri 3km, Polis: 8 km. Coral Bay 20 minutes drive, Paphos: 30 minutes drive
The villa is reached by a no through lane and this guarantees seclusion and peace although you may see the goats. The village tavernas and shops welcome our guests, and you are guaranteed a warm Cypriot welcome here. 5 minutes walk.
Other Activities: Stargazing as sky is so clear
Golf: 5 golf courses in Paphos including a new one at Limni, Polis
Sundance Villas Limited
Why Paphos District, Cyprus:
Superb location, not overlooked, totally quiet, but a short walk to village. Secluded but not isolated. If you can draw yourself away, easy pretty drive to Latchi or Paphos
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
All you will hear are birds and an occasional goatbell. Situated in a private lane, a short stroll from Simou village, where you will find simple tavernas and coffee shop/bars. Well designed spacious house with no neighbours, so perfect for couples. No lights around at night so amazing starfilled sky and shooting stars
- Primary: +44 02084406219 Daytime preferred and I am here at weekends too
Villa Aurora, Simou, Polis, Cyprus. 3 bedroom 3 bathroom villa
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.