2 Bedroom, 1.5 Bath -- Sleeps 8!
Vikki and Ken Grodner
About Vikki and Ken Grodner
My husband and I have careers that allow us to live anywhere and we chose Tuscaloosa! What a great city. Just big enough to have everything we need -- with access to a world class university and all that it has to offer -- but small enough to be oozing with charm. We love to make our homes warm and inviting with a sense of luxury while also providing plenty of comfort.
Vikki and Ken Grodner purchased this House in 2015
Why Vikki and Ken Grodner chose Tuscaloosa
- Location, Location, Location! The ultimate in convenience to the university, downtown Tuscaloosa, the amphitheater and riverfront - Two beautifully appointed guest rooms with many special decorative touches, comfortable bedding - Recently renovated powder room and full bath with new marble, fixtures and a soothing rain showerhead - Additional sleeping accomodations for four in top-of-the-line sleeper sofa and chairs - Oversized television in living room allows you to enjoy sporting events, movies and more with all of your house guests together - Generous front porch and gorgeous courtyard provide ample outdoor entertainment spaces
What makes this House unique
We were looking for a house that had history, amenities and character. We couldn't miss with this property -- part of The Wanderlust Life initiative (www.facebook.com/jointhewanderlustlife) -- that offered all of the above. Built in 1890, Wanderlust1 is rich in original detail including the rich original trim and details, the beautiful front porch with double swings, and the charming New Orleans-style courtyard for the ultimate outdoor entertaining spot.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Please ask about children
Minimum age of primary renter:25
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Incredible home in Tuscaloosa
Vicki was the perfect host and the home was a great surprise from beginning to end for a weekend in town to watch the Crimson Tide. Highly recommend for location, cleanliness and overall aesthetics - thanks again Vicki.
Thanks so much Kirk. We enjoyed having you. Please come again and roll tide!
Comfy and cute!
This house was well decorated and comfortable for our stay. Fabulous location within walking distance to the Strio and Downtown!
Thanks Karen. We loved having you and your family with us to celebrate your son's birthday! Come back anytime
Beautiful property! All the comforts of home. We enjoyed our stay and will be looking forward to staying again when we go to pick up our Grandson!
This property is in the perfect location if you need to be near the University of Alabama or downtown Tuscaloosa. We walked to dinner, for coffee and enjoyed exercising on the Riverwalk each day. The house was extremely comfortable and well stocked. We enjoyed swinging on the front porch each day at sunset.
Clean, comfortable, inviting, classy, homey. Stayed comfortably with 6 adults. Love the porch! Great location, could walk most places close to downtown or campus. My only regret is that we did not get to spend enough time at this lovely house. Mostly only slept there, but would be a great place to hang out and with friends. Highly recommend this house. I will stay again if in Tuscaloosa.
Beautiful house. Warm and very well decorated.
Highly recommend!! You will love it.
Within walking distance of:
- The University of Alabama, both the football stadium as well as the campus
- downtown Tuscaloosa, including the attractions such as the Children's Hands on Museum and University Club; the federal courthouse and city hall complex; numerous restaurants; and charming boutiques
- Black Warrior River, including the River Market; Mildred Warner Transportation Museum; the Riverwalk; and
- numerous City parks in every direction including Snow Hinton Park, Capital City Park, the Riverwalk and Federal Plaza