About the property
- Villa4305 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay7 nights
Superb Villa for 12_large playground_all fenced_safe for kids/tranquil_air cond
* This is an exclusively designed luxury Silver Coast property, enjoying spectacular views and set in a wonderful location, upon a ridge overlooking the Obidos Lagoon and the Atlantic beyond.
* This private villa rental in Foz do Arelho offers sheer luxury for your holiday rental to the Silver Coast. The extensive sun terraces, and gardens enjoy breathtaking views all around from every angle. The private heated swimming pool with cascading water, overlooks the breathtaking Obidos Lagoon and the Sea. - Children pool and pond's protections, playground.
* All fenced and very private property.
* This magnificent property is finished to the highest standard and offers the very best from a Portugal luxury villas.
* Villa do Lago is the calm and tranquil place, perfect to relax
Local area:: Welcome to the Silver Coast of Portugal, a largely unknown, stunning and unspoilt coastline.
* Discover vast sandy beaches, natural assets, water sports paradises, hospitable people, exquisite local cuisine & wine, fishing and farming villages in open countryside
* Dive deeply in an extraordinary concentration of history, fascinating towns, museums, festivities, festivals
* This is the real Portugal.Temperate climate with long summers... perfect to relax all year round
*Obidos, Alcobaça, Batalha, Mafra, Santarém, Sintra, the Templar city of Tomar, and LIsbon are places to emphasize deserving a visit.
* The nearby traditional fishermen old towns of Peniche & Nazaré with their beaches and fresh fish restaurants deserve a visit as well.
* The pilgrimage town of Fatima & the natural caves are at 1 hour. Obidos Lagoon (the villa location), is a fantastic asset of Portugal, but just a piece of the rich natural Silver Coast Heritage.
Top things to do in the Silver Coast:: * Hang out at the beach
* Play a round of golf or go karting
* Charter a variety of watersports at the Lagoon School
* Charter a fishing boat for the day
* Visit superb historic places and fantastic beaches
* Walk along vast beaches and cliffs overlooking the Atlantic.
* Delight fantastic local wines, seafood, Portuguese cooking and confectionery.
Top things to do on a budget: * Soak up the sun at the heated panoramic pool
* At the BBQ,grill and have dinner looking out to superb views
* Use the bikes and cruise around Lagoon and beach
* Use gyms, fitness circuit and sauna
* Play minigolf and enjoy the playground with your kids
Top things to do with a family:
* At the house, play table tennis, table football, other games
* The very best stay at the villa, enjoying it !!!
* Take horses for a riding
* Taste superb regional wines, cuisine and confectionery
* Visit the largest Oriental Garden, outside Asia
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, portuguese
- Calendar last updated:
- May 8, 2018
About Carlos Capaz
My main work is to make knitwear collections, for my family’s company. I also own a construction company that builds lovely Portuguese traditional houses, all located in rural villages at 30 mins from Lisbon. My wife she loves cats, is fluent in several languages and works as a teacher in a High School. We are a couple in our fifties.
Carlos Capaz purchased this Villa in 2005
Why Carlos Capaz chose Foz do Arelho
As Silver Coast is a fantastic region ( that we knew very well), we decided to build there our dream property. After discover the land, we found out the place so charming that we decided immediately to buy it and build there the villa of our dreams. We just wanted the best and we did not spare any efforts to achieve our aims. The result was a fantastic villa and an architectural master piece completely turned to the luxury relax, the sun and the views.
What makes this Villa unique
Facilities provided by the en suite wheelchair friendly bathroom: * wheel-in-shower, with hand rails * fold-down shower seat * height-adjustable washbasin * toilet with handrails and small shower * tap accessible from a seated position * 90 cms wide doorway * shower bath wheelchair Facilities provided by the en suite wheelchair friendly bedroom: *Electric bed with elevator (stored in the villa) *Bed hoist (stored in the villa) *Adjustable hanging clothes rail in wardrobe *Room lights can be switched off from bed * wheelchair available for free * 90 cms doorway * Bed height (floor to top of mattress) 54 cms And: barbecue's dining table suitable for wheelchair users children pool area (connected by inside with the main pool) all enclosed property convenient lay out: cars can park at one meter from the kitchen door (at the mid level) and at 3 meters from the entrance door (at the upper level). Pool hoist 90 cms interior doorways in the ground floor accessible ironing board
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
The villa provided a great environment for the whole family. The pool and facilities for young children are excellent and the view is superb. We had many competitions on the crazy golf and table tennis!! Perfect for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. We would have no hesitation in staying again.
A wonderful week at this gorgeous villa
The villa is extremely well equipped for the whole family and very child safety orientated. We were very impressed with the safety around the pool area and the fish pond. Our grandchildren had so much to do and cried when we left! Rooms are spacious and comfortable and the main lounge was a great place for the whole family to get together. Carlos the owner was very helpful and gave us good local information and was always happy to be contacted with any queries. We had a fabulous week at this beautiful place and would love a return visit sometime.
Exceeded our expectations
A lovely villa which exceeded our expectations, a very spacious well equipped villa. The villa is as described spacious inside and out, the pool is superb lovely and warm with fantastic views. The owner Carlos welcomed us and made sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our holiday. We all enjoyed our holiday and will certainly be back.
Outstanding lagoon/sea view just outside village. House is modernly furnished throughout. So disabled friendly. So much space inside and out. Extras galore with bikes, crazy golf course, solar heated swimming pool (even in Feb not too cold) etc etc.... Helpful host with local info and even posted back a piece of luggage that we left behind. Perfect for the 12 of us to get away from it all.
Superb modern villa with amazing views
Walking group of 8 adults. Oct 2015.
The group have hired many villas over the past 20 years and this is probably the best of them all. The villa has panoramic views and a 15m swimming pool heated to at least 29C. The facilities were complete as described, with ample hot water available at all times, a kitchen which was well equipped for group catering and a BBQ outside which worked well. The owner quickly sorted an internet reception problem and other minor issues which occurred during our stay. There are a number of shady areas in the garden but we would suggest that more shade could be provided near the pool.
Finally may we thank Carlos for his attention and consideration during our stay.
Jack and Mary and all the group
My family and i spent two weeks in Casa Da Lago. The villa was fantastic with the most amazing views. We all thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. Carlos the Villa owner couldn't have been more accommodating.
Driving distances to:
Foz do Arelho village and beach resort is at 1 km, with a number of superb food restaurants, bars, mini markets, bank, pharmacy, post office, etc.
At 15 mins is the medieval white walled township of Obidos, elected the best wonder of Portugal.
The important spa town of Caldas da Rainha, with a number of excellent restaurants, bars, vast varied shopping, museums and all modern facilities, is 10 mins away.
Sailing club and aquatic sports are at 1 km.
At 5 mins is a vast surfers beach paradise, but with a large calm waters area, thus, suitable for children.
30 mins away is the number one golf course at Praia del Rey. Golden Eagle and other excellent golf courses are within the same distance.
At 25 mins is the fantastic and largest Oriental Garden in Europe.
A number of superb beaches within some minutes
Lisbon is at 1 hour and deserves one day visit.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Stayings for one week or more: Welcome pack on arrival (wine, beer, juices, milk, yogurts, bread, butter, cheese, fruits, biscuits, etc..) Beach towels provided.