Spring Break getaways: Vrbo reveals where vacation homes are still available
AUSTIN, Texas – Feb. 18, 2022 – With Spring Break fast approaching, Vrbo® shares vacation destinations where families can still find vacation homes available to book for the first major travel season of the year.
Vacation homes in the most popular Spring Break destinations have been booked earlier than usual this year, and Vrbo’s 2022 Trend Report indicates that these early booking patterns will continue for popular travel seasons. However, there are still options available for families who are just now starting to plan their Spring Break vacations. Several beach, lake and mountain destinations across the country still have vacation homes with availability in March, including :
- Galveston, TX
- Savannah & Tybee Island, Georgia
- Panama City Beach, Florida
- Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
- Big Bear Lake, California
- Branson, Missouri
- Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Poconos Mountains, Pennsylvania
- Flagstaff, Arizona
- Bend, Oregon
To help inspire families looking for a vacation home, Vrbo also created a Trip Board of properties available in these destinations, as of February 17, 2022. These highly rated homes include plenty of amenities and space for families or friends to spend quality time together on vacation.
“We know that parents want to reward their kids with extra-special vacations and give them a bigger say in deciding where to go and Spring Break is a great opportunity to do this,” said Alison Kwong, Vrbo spokesperson. “Introducing the entire family to these lesser-known destinations and involving everyone in the planning process will make the trip even more fun and memorable.”
Here are tips to help families plan their Spring Break vacations:
- Consider a road trip: For families uncertain about flying, choose a vacation destination within driving distance. From every major region of the country, families can find popular vacation destinations with a wide selection of vacation homes to choose from within 300-400 miles from home.
- Create a Trip Board: Vrbo Trip Boards are a collaborative tool that enables everyone in the family to participate in the decision-making process when choosing a vacation home. Participants can save, comment, chat and vote on properties, which helps families easily decide on their favorite property and book before someone else scoops it up.
- Look for fun amenities: When traveling with family, where you stay is just as important as where you go. Families can use the many search filters on Vrbo to narrow down their choices and find a vacation home with amenities that make the property a vacation destination in and of itself. When looking for a property, try the “Property Type” filter to find unique accommodations types like towers or castles, or the “Features & Amenities” filters for specific features like a private pool or fireplace.
Families should check for travel advisories and restrictions in their vacation destination and always follow health and safety guidance from health officials and local authorities. Visit this help article for more information.
: Based on U.S. Vrbo vacation rental demand for March 1-31, 2022.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together.
Since then, we’ve grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of Expedia Group and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
© 2022 Vrbo, an Expedia Group company. All rights reserved. Vrbo, HomeAway, the Vrbo logo, and the HomeAway logo are trademarks of HomeAway.