A post-and-beam style bungalow cottage with cathedral ceilings on White Lake with beautiful waterfront and fantastic west-facing views. Over 500 feet of waterfront ensures absolute privacy and tranquility during your stay. The cottage is situated in a quiet and tranquil area surrounded by woodland, and is only 30 minutes away from the village of Lakefield, 2 hours from Toronto, and 3 hours from Ottawa.
The main cottage includes 1200 sq ft of fully furnished living space, with 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, and open concept kitchen, dining room and living room. The kitchen includes stainless steel appliances and quartz counter tops. Kitchen and living room each have a walkout to the deck overlooking the lake for easy entertaining indoors or outdoors. A screened-in Muskoka room offers shaded open-air dining and relaxing space. The lake is visible from all parts of the living room, dining room and Muskoka room.
A flight of natural stone steps take you from cottage level down to the fire pit and dock. The 50 foot dock is shaded in the calm of morning as sunrise strikes the western shore, and turns sunny by mid-morning. Sunsets are spectacular whether viewed from dock or deck. There is a shallow entry into the lake which is ideal for swimming for children, pets and people who cannot swim well. The lake gets deeper as you enter the lake, and is 23 feet deep in the middle of the lake. You can take a boat or canoe out onto the lake to swim, fish or just enjoy the scenery.
Entertainment includes a canoe, paddle boat, DVDs, Video games, board games, and a variety of books. Something for everyone should the weather not cooperate. Equipped with suitable items for young children (high chair, pack-and-play, sandbox, and more). This is a turnkey opportunity to enjoy a lovely, fully furnished waterfront home.
Living Room & Entertainment Centre:
- Wood burning stove alongside entertainment centre, surrounded by comfy sofas and chairs
- 40 inch LCD flat screen TV
- Surround sound system
- DVD player
- Large collection of DVDs
- Xbox 360 and games
- Auxiliary connections available for your own devices
Kitchen & Dining:
- Large refrigerator/freezer
- Electric stove with smooth-top range
- Over-the-range microwave
- Coffee machine
- Kitchen includes kettle, toaster, dishes and utensils, cutlery, etc.
- Indoor dining table with seating for six to eight people
- Outdoor dining table with seating for six to eight people in Muskoka room
- 3 Bedrooms, cottage Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - Queen size bed
- Bedroom 2 - Full size bed
- Bedroom 3 - Full size bed
- Living Room - Queen size sofa bed
- Two-piece powder room at cottage entrance
- Three-piece master bath with shower (small bath tub)
- Compact Washing Machine
- Compact Dryer
For Families with Small Children;
- High chair
- Toddler size climber/slide, playhouse
- Sand and water table
Road and Parking:
- Road maintained for year-round access
- Parking for 4 cars in the cottage driveway
- Lots of room to park just off of the road
- Cellular phone reception is excellent at the cottage
- No phone line or internet access is provided
- Children Welcome: Ideal for families with children of all ages
- Dog friendly: Please ask owner - maximum one dog, no other pets please
- No smoking inside the cottage and other buildings (does not include deck or Muskoka room)
- Minimum age of 25 for renters
Please contact the owner for further details about the surrounding area and activities.