Where else can you enjoy the lake life AND walk to Indiana Beach Amusement & Water Park in 5 min? Have both at Piper House, a brand spankin’ NEW modern lake house.
(For summer 2019 bookings, see https://www.vrbo.com/1237042 instead.)
Rentals often not nice enough for you? We get it. This is our private lake home. No expense spared. It’s fully stocked, totally tricked out, and all about comfort.
Easy getaway from Chicago (2hr)/ Indy (1.5hr). Impressive views from huge Lake Shafer lot with dock, beach, firepit and screened porch with outdoor living/dining room.
This house was custom designed to accommodate a large group vacation in comfort. It sleeps 10 people in beds.
Bedroom 1: King Bed
Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds
Bedroom 3: King Bed
Bedroom 4: Queen Bed & 2 Twin Beds
OPTIONAL: there is an additional 1 br/1 bath apartment that sleeps 5 in beds (2 Kings, 1 Twin) on this property that may be available for rent also if you need more space.
GREAT ROOM – The gathering hub for your group. 10ft ceilings, huge windows, panoramic views.
• Open Kitchen: Prepare a feast in the skylit open kitchen on a huge 9 ft granite island.
- Stainless steel appliances
- Fully stocked with chef quality tools
- Garbage Disposal
• Dining: Meals & Game nights happen here at the big dining table for 8 + 4 more at the island.
• Living Room: Take lounging and movie nights to the next level.
- 8ft Restoration Hardware leather deep sofa
- 60 in flat screen TV
- High end AV with indoor/outdoor speakers
- DVD Bluray player
• Screened Porch: Connected to the Great Room and offering a lake side indoor/outdoor living experience.
- Outdoor dining table for 6
- Upholstered sectional sofa
- Natural gas grill
- Outdoor speakers
BEDROOMS- Sleeping can be a challenge when vacationing with 10 people, but not here. All bedrooms are well separated in two “wings” from the great room to reduce noise and increase privacy.
• Luxury level mattresses from Stearns and Foster, Posturpedic, etc..
• High end linens, down comforters & pillows
• White noise machines for additional sound proofing
• Bedroom 4- we call it the “Flop Room”, was designed to put the kids for a movie night when the adults want to stay up and play.
• All bedrooms (except Bedroom 2) have wall mounted flat screen TV’s for watching movies/streaming shows (no cable on these TVs).
• High speed WIFI (75 mbps)
• Comcast Basic Cable TV
• Unlimited on demand hot water
• Central Heat/AC
• Hardwood floors throughout
• Custom lighting with dimmers
The house sits on a south facing sloped wooded lake front lot. It provides both sun and shade, sunrise and sunsets. You’ll never forget campfires on Lake Shafer with the historic wood rollercoaster and ferris wheel in the distance.
• 102 feet of private lake front in peaceful no wake zone
• Dock- bring your boat, walk to the boat rental, or jump in for a swim
• Fire pit with Adirondack chairs at the waters edge
• Sand beach play area
• Parking for 3-5+ cars (depending on if you are renting the apartment also)
Depending on when your reservation is, we might have the hot tub and swing set in place, but no guarantees…still working on those!
When you are ready to explore, there are many fun, unique activities just minutes from Piper House.
• Indiana Beach Amusement & Water Park – 5 minute walk
- Old school iconic Amusement Park right on Lake Shafer
- Classic wooden Rollercoaster, Ferris Wheel, Boardwalk
- Think “American kitsch”. Appreciate that it is older, charming, and affordable, but it’s not Disney.
- Water Park with slides, water features and beach
• Boating- on property
- Public boat launch within minutes of Piper House
- New dock at our lake front
- Driveway space for boat trailer (let us know you are bringing it for instructions)
- Lake Shafer Boat Rental is walkable for renting ski boats, pontoons, jet skis
- Fun place for kayaks. Bring them and explore around the Amusement Park on the water.
• Swimming & Fishing- on property
- Located in peaceful no wake zone
- Dock has ladder for easy in/out of lake. Bring inflatables.
- Some of the best fishing in Indiana right off of our dock.
- Or walk down the hill to enjoy the Water Park at Indiana Beach.
- Sand play/beach area on our property. Note: Lake Shafer isn’t a sand bottom lake so there are no natural beaches here. There is a rock retaining wall at the waters edge.
• Golfing – 5 minute drive
- Tippecanoe Country Club is a beautiful course on the lake, open to the public.
- Pineview Golf Course is a budget friendly option
• Drive In Movie Theater – 5 minute drive. A classic summer activity and one of the last of it’s kind.
• Winery- 15 minute drive. Whyte Horse Winery is so fun with a group for a tasting in their charming farm house with front porch.
• Horseback Riding – 30 minute drive. Crooked Creek Trails is a fun way to see the beautiful Indiana countryside.
• Canoe Trip- 25 minute drive. Hodges Canoe Trips is a favorite of ours. Pack a cooler and canoe down the Tippecanoe River back to your car.