Guests rave about our newly restored, bright, spacious, and luxuriously equipped two bedroom, one bathroom apartment (called 'Le Relais du Vieux Beaune') in the heart of medieval Beaune.
- Fully restored apartment in what was 18th Century wine merchant's house in an unbeatable central location - within the medieval fortified walls of the old city.
- New, fully equipped kitchen with brand-new appliances, including microwave and dishwasher.
- 2 huge bedrooms: 1 w/ queen-size bed + 1 w/ 2 double beds.
- Separate living room with a flat screen satellite TV (many English channels), extensive book and DVD library.
- Full sized bathtub in bathroom with wall-mounted shower (and curtain!), as well as a washer and dryer.
- Charmingly furnished with antiques that offset the original molded ceilings, wooden floors, and marble fireplaces.
- Crib and high chair are available free of charge upon request.
INCLUDED IN THE RENT:
- Utilities (water/gas/electricity) up to € 5 /night;
- Bed linens, bath towels;
- A selection of L'Occitane products - soap, shampoo & conditioner;
- Free calling to North America and to landlines in Australia, New Zealand, Germany and the UK from the house phones;
- Complimentary WIFI;
- Cable TV with French/English/German channels;
- A city parking pass;
- A complementary handpicked bottle of locally produced Pinot Noir;
- Our assistance to make sure you make the most of your stay in Burgundy :)
Le Relais du Vieux Beaune is located on the second floor (one floor up from the street) of a newly restored 18th century building with a private, shared courtyard set well back from the street. Just walk across the cobblestoned street in the mornings to buy your croissants at one of the town's best boulangeries. At lunch or dinner enjoy a fabulous meal at one of Beaune's many rustic bistros or Michelin starred restaurants and then retire back to your French pied-a-terre for a fabulous sleep in our top-of-the-line beds made up with high quality linens.
Beaune is a vibrant but peaceful town of 20,000 people which is the epicentre of the winemaking culture in Burgundy. Winetasting opportunities are literally to be found at every street corner!
Grab the French market bags we leave for you and head two blocks away to stock up at Beaune's large and wonderful twice weekly outdoor market on the stunning Place Carnot - cheeses, fruits, bread, clothes, and goodies galore.
Beaune is a medieval jewel - extremely picturesque and remarkably well-preserved. Walk around the middle age fortifcations that encircle the town or just take exquisite pleasure in sitting at one of Beaune's many cafes or in our flagstoned courtyard enjoying a sublime glass of wine or coffee.
You can take off and explore the rolling vineyards and Burgundy's famous and quaint wine villages which surround Beaune such as Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, Gevrey-Chambertin, and Pernand-Vergelesses by foot, bike, or car. There is a fabulous bike rental shop that helps with trip planning just a block away.
We feel our mission is to allow our guests to experience Burgundy and Beaune like a local, so we leave a ton of local information and 'insider' tips at the apartment for your perusal, as well as a special gift to welcome you to this very special part of France. Although we do not live onsite, we are always available to help you get the most out of your stay in Beaune and in Burgundy.