When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
The best of both worlds - Bay AND Beach! Perhaps the only home of it's kind available for rent on the entire island. Enjoy fishing and boating right outside your backdoor. A small private beach with calm shallow water is also just steps away. Great for shelling and very kid friendly. Bring your boat, jetskis, fishing gear and the whole family!
This custom home, located in Terramar Beach, was built in 2007 and designed to maximize your enjoyment of unparalleled bay views and breathtaking sunsets. Each bedroom has private access to a bayfront balcony or deck. Each bedroom, 2 living rooms, dining area and kitchen offer unobstructed views of Galveston Bay. The home features all the upgrades of the finest living: Custom cabinets, Granite Countertops, Stainless Steel Appliances and more.
With approximately 2063 square feet of living space, including 2 master bedrooms with king size beds, this home is cozy for couples romantic getaways, while spacious enough to comfortably accomodate multiple families and large groups.
Located on the preferred West End of Galveston Island (home to the Islands best beaches)near San Luis Pass & The luxurious Centex Resort. Just 15 minutes or so to most major attractions such as Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn Water Park, Air Museum etc. plus restaurants of all types and price ranges. A full line grocery store is less than 10 minutes away.
Keywords: beach, beachfront, bay, boat, dock, boat dock, vacation, condo, view, susnset, sunsets, romantic, waterfront, Terramar Beach, Galveston, Galveston Island, sand, surf, seashells, swimming, swimming pool, fishing, fish, bay, West end
I love the beach and sharing our home with like minded families!
The Owner purchased this house in 2007
To have the combination of Bayviews, a Beach right outside our backdoor and the ability to have a private Boat Dock - well, that was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
After acquiring the land, we set about designing a home that would maximize the views, be spacious enough for large family get togethers AND still be cozy enough for a romantic getaway. Fortunately, we think we've accomplished all that beyond our wildest dreams.
At the risk of repeating myself, this truly is a 1-of-a-Kind location. There is not another vacation home on the island that offers a panoramic view, beach AND boat dock!
Come stay at our vacation home soon, we're sure you will agree!
Very simply the descriptions of the home and beach are true to the mark. The home was very comfortable and clean in every way. We were able to provide at a reasonable price a family vacation for our children and their families that afforded loads of fun for all. Plenty of sleeping arrangements and bathrooms make the home well equipped for 10 guests. The fishing was great and neighbors were extra friendly and full of good tips about the area and fishing. We spent Friday night enjoying the fruits of the boys fishing! Lots of beautiful ocean scenes greeted us from the balcony including unbelievable sunsets, early morning dolphins and all sorts of people enjoying the beauty of the bay. The water by the pier is shallow enough to allow comfort with grandkids fishing and playing. And the main Gulf beaches are just a minute away. Just a beautiful home shared by the very accommodating owners which allowed our family a fun filled seven days! Thanks for the great family memories!!On Jul 8, 2011, at 6:07 PM, Almost Paradise Bay House wrote:
I will also agree with many that the location is pretty nice. We had 9 stay at the house and we were very comfortable as far as sleeping arrangements. Overall we enjoyed our stay, except for the first day, and I am still highly irritated that the owner had agreed to discuss some things with me but is completely unresponsive now that we are 'history.'
A few negatives for you to be aware:
1) house needs maintenance - there are several issues that need to be repaired and they haven't been
2) we had the fridge go out on us the first day we were there - so new fridge, that shouldn't be an issue for you
3) when we got there, the lockbox didn't have the key - so we had to wait until the owner responded - it was dark by the time she responded - there is a spare lockbox with key in case this happens to you
4) we were not there to watch TV, but it would have been nice if the DirecTV would have been working to chill after the long days in the sun - but it wasn't
5) so, we watch movies - they have some there - the downstairs TV and DVD had sound issues.
6) dock area is nice, but sort of scary for small children
7) also, in house, several supports missing in stairrails - another kid-potential safety issue
8) a few open lots exist next to this home - which are used by the rest of the neighborhood to fish, watch sunsets, etc. - so while you think you may have some privacy at the end of the street/end of neighborhood - get ready for the activity of many coming to see you - all in all, it didn't bother me too much until the last night we were there and someone came and fished on the open lot right next to us from mid-day all the way past midnight.
9) I brought my boat and you will have to pay attention to low tide - the channel and surrounding areas are almost impossible to navigate when the tide goes out - west bay is about 5-6' deep when you get out in the bay - also some challenges tying the boat off - loose tie off point on dock
10) No fishing lights - I had read somewhere there were lights on dock - nope
11) Beach next door as a plus - not really, the mosquitos are so bad you can't really enjoy it - it is a bayside beach - hadn't really been maintained well
12) expensive for the issues we dealt with
13) owner is completely unresponsive - and seems to not even care if you have issues - MY MAIN ISSUE WITH THIS PLACE - do yourself a favor and find a different spot for the money
I recently stayed here for a full week with my family. We had a wonderful time, and overall enjoyed the vacation thoroughly. The house is beautiful, the views are amazing, the decks are great places to hang out and we all loved being on the bay. However, communicating with the owner regarding rental details was horrible. She rarely returned emails, phone calls or texts. Prior to me sending the deposit, communications were okay. Then once she cashed my deposit check (which she never even acknowledged receiving), it was nearly impossible to get her to respond to my inquiries. In the end, everything worked out okay, but after sending her $2K+ prior to even seeing the place in person, needless to say I was a bit nervous that I'd just been taken by a scammer.
On the properly itself, here's the real deal:
1) Its not a 4 bedroom house, its a 3 bedroom house - two masters with queen (or maybe king) beds, and one bedroom with 2 twin beds. All 3 bedrooms have their own, very nice, full bathroom. I guess what they call the 4th bedroom is the landing at the top of the stairs in which they've stashed a bed. It has no door, no privacy, no closet or dresser, and so can't rightly be called a bedroom.
2) The house generally needs some minor maintenance. Light bulbs were out in various places, the banister around the upstairs stairway was missing 3 poles, the drains were slow to drain and some of the electric outlets didn't work. None of this impacted our enjoyment of the place, but for pickier people, maybe you'll care.
3) As I said before, communication with the owner was difficult. We saw from an earlier review that they had internet connection problems, so I was sure to ask her about it before we got there. She assured us it was all taken care of. We get there and find that the internet connection is not working. After some debug and a phone call to AT&T, I find that technically everything is fine, but the bill hasn't been paid and so they cut off service. We inform the owner of this (by text message, she refuses to pick up the phone when we call), and she assures us she'll take care of it. Two days later, still no internet service, so I give up on trying it. Then on our last day there, I try it again. Guess what? Its working! Nice. A simple text message from the owner once she paid the past-due bill to inform us that it was working again would have been nice.
Bottom line - Nice place if you can deal with a non-responsive owner.
This is the perfect house for several families to enjoy. Plenty of beds, TV's, etc. The views from the deck on either level are fantastic. Great dock and beach area right beside the house along with a beach access right across from the neighborhood. We will be going back for sure.
Our children and grandchildren spent five fabulous days at Almost Paradise last week. We had four teenagers,two preteems nd six adults. The home is great right on the bay. Plenty of space and comfortable arrangements for all with good facilities. The boat dock is perfect , there is a great littlle beach area next to the house where the kids loved to play. It is a short drive to the gulf. The swimming pool is very nice. There were plenty of TVs and DVD players. The only problem was the air when we got there which the owner fixed immediately and the WiFi which was never available even though the owner attempted to get it working. All in all it was a delightful experience. We all loved the deck with the beautiful view. Everyone wants to return...
Great location and nice house. Unfortunately a number of problems existed, such as no downstairs a/c, stopped up drains, unmowed lawn, shotage of bath towels. Most disappointing part was the unresponsiveness of owner. Simply would not return phone calls, texts or e-mails. For this reason, I cannot recommend. Sadly, this place has a lot of potential. :(
Wonderful stay at this spacious and well kept beach house. Melissa had provided everything you would need for a wonderful getaway. Beautiful sunset and an awesome dock for fishing. I would highly recommend this house and would return again.
Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn Water Park, Lone Star Flight Museum, Putt-Putt, Bowling, Cruise Ships, Jet Ski & Boat Rentals, Fishing Charters, NASA, Kemah Boardwalk and Amusement Park, Submarine & Tall Ship tours, Free ferry rides, Gambling cruises, Vintage Plane rides, Helicopter Tours, Bungee chair and more!