The CASA COLONCA is a spacious and independent apartment on two floors in a traditional Tuscan Villa, with private entrances and a garden area with 180° panoramic view [2 BR 1 bath, fully equipped kitchen, dining RM + living RM : sleeps 4 to 5]. Available for short lets, longer vacations and sabbatical stays. Ideally located for tourism of all types, but also sabbaticals at commuting distance from Florence. While close to all centers of interest, the Casa Colonica is serenely located on a rural hilltop (vineyards and olive groves). For more pictures of the villa, gardens, views and environs, as well as information on the region, see featured website link - poggiolotuscany[dot]com. Allergy-sensitive furnishings and appointments.
The CASA COLONICA has been renovated with modern conveniences (including Adsl WI-FI internet) and luxury details in every room: beamed ceilings, antique and traditional furniture, original prints. The Casa Colonica offers charm, comfort and convenience.
- DOWNSTAIRS are the daytime living quarters with two arched doors on either side and windows giving out onto the garden. The sitting room has two daybeds and wicker armchairs, a SAT-TV+DVD, and a lending library with recreational reading, guidebooks and cookbooks. Flooded with afternoon sunlight, this room is a perfect place to curl up and plan your day trips, read, or enjoy an glass of wine. The downstairs also features a fully equipped kitchen ('taverna') to make morning espresso and practice your Tuscan cooking skills or warm up the gourmet fare from a local "gastronomia". You will enjoy the traditional chestnut cabinets and the barrel-arched brick ceiling. Through a large open arch is the living/dining room, with a large tables to spread out food and maps, lots of chairs (seats 6-8 ), and more wicker armchairs for relaxing, reading and enjoying an aperitif.
- UPSTAIRS there are two comfortable bedrooms with beamed ceilings, antique wardrobes, writing tables and large windows that frame views onto the gardens and the Valley of the Arno. The huge bathroom (also with beamed ceiling) features a tub/shower, a window onto the garden... and a large cotton rug for morning yoga exercises!
- FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE you will also find a microwave, dishwasher and clothes washing machine, iron & ironing board. Coffee makers include: espresso pots of different sizes, french presses, and paper filters.
- ALL ROOMS have large windows with views. The house has 60 cm thick walls, which means it is delightfully cool in summer and warm in the cold seasons. For extra comfort in summer there are fans in every room. All bedroom and bath windows have screens. Banister and child gate on stairs.
Outside is an extended, rustic garden area with a panoramic view over the rolling hills and vineyards of the Valdarno. Both sunny and shady areas. Do not miss the deer that graze in the fields at twilight (sometimes often on the garden bushes!). The garden features large terracotta pots of flowers (in bloom according to season), a table with chairs for dining al fresco, lounge chairs and sun umbrella - do not miss watching the fabulous sunsets. From Il Poggiolo you can see the Valdarno valley, the Apennine mountains, the Sienese hills, and on a good day, all the way to Vallombrosa.
- PRIVATE PARKING on the property.
Guests appreciate the fact that Il Poggiolo is located in the tranquility of the countryside but conveniently close to Florence, Siena, and Arezzo (30-45 minutes drive), as well at to the other major points of interest in central Italy. While a car is necessary for your stay, the center of Florence can be reached by train from Montevarchi (free long-term parking) in just 35 minutes, as can a number of other destinations such as Arezzo, Pisa, Assisi, Cortona, are even direct trains to Rome! Nearby are historic sites (medieval and Renaissance towns, towers and castles). Don't miss the picturesque villages, national parks, thermal baths and, a bit farther, seaside beaches. Swimming nearby in a number of local pools (10-15 minutes drive - pool/beach towels provided in house). Excellent wine and fine restaurants in the area, as well as informal village trattorias and pizzerias. Numerous designer outlets nearby for clothes, shoes, household items, etc. Fabulous local food markets. Perfect for day trips to all the historic attractions of Tuscany, for sports enthusiasts and gastronomic tourism, for family vacations, or just to get away from it all.
- NO PETS & NO SMOKING (inside) please - allergy controlled environment.
- MAIN ASSETS:
Convenient location for tourism and train service.
Charming, comfortable and spacious accommodation with luxury appointments, fine antiques.
Gardens (furnished) with lovely views.
Country walks and trekking (from gentle sloping dirt roads through vineyards to serious mountain trails through forests)
Local markets for local produce (especially vegetables and fruit, wine and olive oil).
Marvelous eating - from pizza parlours to five-star restaurants.
Major designer outlets and malls.
Private parking area on the property.
WI-FI, SatTV, DVD
Child gate + bannister on stairs (not usual in Tuscany)
Recreational reading library and guide books, maps.
Fans provided in summer
Screens on windows.
KEYWORDS: Tuscany, Villa rental, Tuscan tourism, Short Lets, Sabbatical stays, Honeymoon haven, gastronomy, slow food region, luxury appointments, holiday home, vacation in Italy, furnished gardens, panoramic views, no pets allowed, allergy-sensitive, LGBT-friendly.