Andes Mountain Adventure! 3BR Riverfront Chalet, Pool, Hiking, Rafting, 1 Hr Sn(10 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
RUSTIC ROMANTIC CHIC 3 BR, 2 Baths, river beach, hammocks, fireplace, Sleeps 6
Great for family reunions, weddings, honeymoons, special events. Try our new Wine Cellar / Game Room for private wine and food tastings! We can arrange van/driver for private tours of the Valle de Maipo wineries.
Spa Services: Massage, Natural and Organic Chef Services
Beautifully decorated rustic casa with luxury amenities, including Marimekko Linens, Flowers in every room, huge pool, decks and gazebo. BBQ Quincho (our local chef can prepare a typical Chilean Asado), pick fruits from our luscious gardens, picnic or relax in a hammock down by the River. Walk on our garden paths.
Experience life in a typical Chilean village surrounded by a wonderland of adventure, spectacular horseback riding, hike to see the condors, whitewater rafting, fishing, kayaking, trekking, sky viewing, natural hot springs, world class restaurants and new Observatory. Van tours of famous Maipo Valley wineries! Skiing is nearby at Laguillas Ski Center.
'A One of a Kind Vacation'
Some comments from our guests:: Villa Tunquen, the beach-front villa , has a sister. Villa Puertazul is actually two beautiful houses, tucked into the mountainous Chilean village of San Alfonso. This is Cajon del Maipo, a Garden of Eden for adventure travelers.
The villas sit on the banks of River Maipo, a Class 4 rafting river, for those whitewater aficionados out there. If you prefer your adrenaline served chilled, you can head to the neighboring Lagunillas Ski Center, or arrange to be dropped by helicopter at some of the more remote ski spots. Nearby are thermal baths, glacial lakes and volcanoes to trek to –
Owner Judy also offers Andes tours on foot or horseback to help their guests learn about the Chilean eco-systems. She says don’t miss riding into the Andes to view the condors. “In Puertazul we love to hike, horseback ride and star-gaze,“The skies are amazingly clear and the southern constellations are outrageous, especially from the Hot Tub!
'After all that adventure, you’re going to want to relax. Good thing Maipo is also known for its wineries. The villas are close to several of Chile’s famous vineyards. Their English Speaking local Manager can help you get familiar with the local wines by arranging tasting tours or private wine parties at the villa.
Like Villa Tunquen, Villa Puertazul was built with sustainability in mind. The stucco is local and made from mud and native plants by local craftspeople, as is most of the furniture. Beautiful stone fireplace and wood burning stove provide lots of romance and 100% cotton linens and towels pamper guests’ bodies and souls.
To pamper our stomachs, Villa Puertazul’s chef brings in organic bread and quiches made from local cheeses and vegetables. (She’s also been known to whip up outrageous cakes and pies or create feasts from local fish and great Chilean BBQ. We enjoyed it all accompanied by a great local guitarist!
Comments: Villa Puertazul! What a great place to stay. A wonderful place to relax and enjoy the
pool, hot tub, views, sounds of the river and wonderful gardens.
Nancy is a great cook and very accommodating. Lemon pie – sweet! Quiche de Verduras delivered fresh, hot & early for breakfast. Also, her empanadas were scrumptious as well. We made our way to Banos Colinas and soaked in the salt water hot springs. What a treat, luxuriating whilst taking in the splendor
of the Andes. Chile – a fabulous place. H&S, BC, Canada
I’m nor sure what refugio means in Chilean Spanish. But Puertazul for us is a Refuge… A retreat into a welcoming luxuriant garden, comfortable home, the Now accustomed sound of rushing water, time to read, dine, reflect, doze…We love the fresh morning air, lazy warm afternoons, evening paseos, flowers, We baked, barbecued, Sauteed, and sauced….And then there is smiling, incomparable NANCY, housekeeper 'extraordinaire'!
PLEASE EMAIL OWNER FOR AVAILABILITY AND MORE INFORMATION.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Casa #1: Three bedrooms (one queen, one full, and one twin bedded room), library, full kitchen, two full baths, central heating, wood-burning stove, two decks, and a balcony that overlooks the pool and snow-capped mountains. Rustically beautiful, constructed in local design, with exposed beams, large windows, decorated with original hand-crafted furniture and include the best mattresses and linens. Adorned with fresh flowers from our gardens and fabrics from around the world....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The showers are Great! Guest Comment: I don't know where to begin with your gorgeous home/property Puertazul. First, it was the perfect kind of comfort we needed. And everything from cut flowers in every room was perfect. I discovered San Alfonso twenty years ago when I lived in Chile It was wonderful to come back to the town that hasn't changed much and to stay in such a unique and beautiful place so beautifully landscaped and situated right on the river. We actually spent most of our time on the property with a few hikes up the hills or in to town, but the peace and quiet of the property was just what we were looking for for our retreat. I could go on and on!....moreless
- Personalized services available!! You may never want to leave! Airport pickup, excursions to wineries, markets, car and driver, gourmet or local chefs, massage and spa services, wine tasting parties, BBQ's, housekeeper, shopping and laundry. Private Large Swimming Pool, Decks, Gorgeous Landscaped Gardens and Uniquely designed Barbecue Area, perfect for Typical Chilean Asados, Star-studded sky viewing, Private BEACH on the Maipo River, a Class IV Rafting River, Our housekeeper makes delicious fruit preserves, (from our own fig, apricot and sour cherry trees), and locally prepared breads and cheeses, There are also many local and international restaurants nearby, Tours to world famous wineries can be arranged, 2 Full Kitchens, Cooking utensils and luxurious linens, Laundry Service available....moreless
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Music Library
- Sports & Activities
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Porch / Veranda
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Casa #1 $150
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Pet Fee $55
- Taxes Not included
Longer term rates on request.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Our housekeeper makes sure everything is perfect - from cut flowers to setting the fire. Our English-speaking manager guides you from the airport and makes your experience very special! We are located in San Alfonso, a wonderful quaint village surrounded by snow-capped mountains - that hasn't changed much where you can experience the 'real Chile'. Walk to Las Cascadas de las Animas, a nature preserve and sanctuary. A short drive to San Jose de Maipo for supermarkets and internet. Close to Maipo Valley wineries and great restaurants. We can arrange wonderful horseback rides to see the condors,, hikes to San Francisco glacier, You can explore the nearby wonderful hot springs and glacial-fed lakes. Then return home to your villa - a unique and beautiful place, with gorgeous gardens, pool and jacuzzi hot tub, with private beach situated right on the river. Our local chef makes fresh bread, typical Chilean BBQ's, quiches, fantastic desserts from local fruits. What a paradise!
Other Activities: Class III-IV White Water Rafting
Ski: Skiers!! We are minutes from Lagunillas Ski Center for those who enjoy beauty, tranquility and quiet atmosphere. It has a skiable area of 200 hectares with 13 runs. It has 3 ski lifts, ski school, rentals and cafeterias. Helicopter skiing is also available to Valle Nevado, Portillo or La Parva. Or for those that want to chill out for a few days after skiing at Valle Nevado or Portillo, we are the perfect place.
Year Purchased: 2003
About: We fell in love with the magic of the snow capped mountain views, watching the condors soaring, falling asleep to the sounds of the rushing river, the wonderful people in our village who bake their own bread, make the best cheese and honey. You will love our gardens and fruit trees and the jam we make from our own fruit. Come and share our paradise!
Links to more information:
Villa Puertazul Pool and HotTub from Casa #1 Balcony
Casa #1 Living Room/Dining room
"La Cava" Our Private Wine Tasting Cellar
Casa #1 Balcony Overlooks the Pool
Casa #2 Queen Bedroom
Casa #2 Living Room
The Village of San Jose de Maipo
Terrace Casa #2 with view of Rushing River Maipo
Casa #1 Living Room w/ Wood Burning Fireplace
Entrance to Casa #2
Nancy's famous Black Out Cake
New Professional Kitchen w/Double Door Frig
Casa #1 overlooks the Pool and the Andes Mountains
Casa #1 Bathroom
Enjoy a real Chilean BBQ!
Casa #2 Balcony overlooking the River and Andes
Our beach on the Maipo River which is a Class III-IV Rafting River
Horseback Riding in the Andes to see the Condors
Casa #1 - Twin Bedroom
Our Beach on The River Maipo
Nancy's Amazing Empanadas!
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.