Oceanscape Bonaire - - Oceanfront Condo with Incredible View(31 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-6 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath (Sleeps 2)
We have traveled all over the Caribbean for many years, always with the dream/goal of buying our own place on the water. We love to snorkel, hike, go boating, bicycle, and relax on the beach. When we finally ticked off Bonaire on our list of places to visit, we immediately knew we had found our second home. We searched during several visits for the perfect place, and finally found it at Port Bonaire.
What makes it so great? It had all of these things that we were looking for and even more:
* Snorkel and dive directly in front of the condo. There is an easy ladder entry for you to use just steps away from your door, and it is a very short swim to 18th Palm or Windsock dive sites. Some of the most spectacular snorkeling and diving on the island is right in front of you. Dockside rinse tank, freshwater shower, and hanging hooks.
* Walk to the beach. Donkey beach/Windsock is a few steps south of your condo through a secure access gate.
* Dive shop on site. Dive Friends runs a full operation on site and that includes rinse area and lockers.
* Close to the action. You are less than a 10 minute drive to the coveted south shore dive sites or windsurfing at Lac Bay, and 5 minutes to the center of Kralendijk.
* Easy access to the airport, rental cars, grocery, and a short walk to Plaza Resort, just next door, where you will find boat rental, water sports, tennis and restaurants. We don't even rent a car when we arrive. We roll our luggage across the street and get settled in, and then rent a car later when the crowds have died down at the car rental counters, or even the next day to save a few bucks. (And don't worry, the airport is not noisy here - - it is much noisier at places a little further south in Belnem due to the orientation of the single runway)
* Second floor and the additional sense of security it brings, not to mention the enhanced view.
* Sunny, tropical décor and plenty of windows to open, or Air-Conditioning is available throughout.
* Swimming pool right on the oceanfront. Plenty of lounge chairs and an outdoor shower.
* Beautiful tropical gardens full of butterflies and songbirds surround the small, peaceful complex of 26 units.
When you open the door from your private stairway, you will turn through the archway into an open great room that includes the kitchen and living room which opens through a floor to ceiling glass wall onto the balcony. The vaulted ceiling adds an open, airy feel. Tropical décor puts you in the mood for your restful vacation.
There is an electronic security alarm system on the condo for your peace of mind.
The living room area includes a sofa and chair and 40' flat panel LCD TV, Blu-ray / DVD player, and stereo with IPod docking station. A secured DSL line to use with provided Ethernet cable or wireless with the access code we will provide to you.
The kitchen is fully equipped (really, I like to cook!) with fridge, cook top, microwave/convection/grill oven, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster, blender and electric kettle. The granite countertops offer plenty of workspace if you feel like cooking and enjoying a meal on the privacy of your own balcony. You will also have a Smokey Joe grill if you want to take it to the beach for a BBQ picnic.
The toilet and bath/shower are separated into two different rooms, each with its own vanity, as is common in European style. This is nice in case you are utilizing the sofa sleeper. The bathroom and toilet are separate from each other, and both are accessible without going into the bedroom.
The bedroom has a comfy queen-size bed, plenty of fluffy pillows, a nice sized closet and a 27' TV. French doors open onto a small balcony overlooking the garden. On this balcony are two hanging rods and 4 heavy duty dive equipment hangers for securely drying your gear.
A safe is available in the condo for your use.
And finally, off the large side balcony (yes, there are three!) there is a laundry room with a washing machine and a drying rack.
Two beach chairs and a cooler are provided.
Linens and towels are provided.
There is air conditioning throughout, but all doors and windows have mosquito screens so you can enjoy the beautiful trade winds if you wish.
Not suitable for children under 6 yrs.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- On floor 2
- Max. occupancy 2
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Dive-Friends dive shop is directly next door to us. As our guest you receive a 20% discount on air/nitrox, shore and boat dive packages and all dive courses!! www.divefriendsbonaire.com Walk to/from airport and car rentals, Electronic Security Alarm System, Hanging rods and heavy duty hangers for securely drying dive gear, Dock with ladder entry into the calm sea, Dockside rinse tank, Dockside hooks for towels and gear, Dockside freshwater shower, Fabulous tropical garden filled with butterflies and birds. ...moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- MP3 Dock
- Music Library:
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Alarm System
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
Most US cell services do not operate in Bonaire without using very costly roaming features. We provide a cell phone for your use. You can purchase prepaid minutes at any grocery (it will have enough to get you started). Incoming calls are free. You can make local or international calls with the prepaid minutes....moreless
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
Granite countertops. Coffeemaker, toaster, blender,electric kettle, electric cook top and vented range hood, combination convection oven/microwave. A cooks kitchen! Plenty of pots, pans, and utensils to prepare a fabulous seaside meal to enjoy on your balcony....moreless
- Pantry Items
Directly overlooking the ocean. Gorgeous! Watch the dolphins swim past, parrotfish play at the surface in water so clear you can snap their picture from your balcony. Iguana meander past and crabs race across the walkway below. Ocean sunsets to die for!...moreless
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Fully Fenced Property
- Gated Community
- Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
high season 2017
Dec 17 - Apr 14, 2017
6 night min stay
low season 2017
Apr 15 - Dec 15, 2017
6 night min stay
high season 2018
Dec 16 - Apr 20, 2018
6 night min stay
low season 2018
Apr 21 - Dec 14, 2018
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 10%
NOTE: The "10% tax" is actually the SERVICE CHARGE. All other charges from the owner (taxes and utilities) ARE INCLUDED in the rates.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In Feb. of 2016, HomeAway/VRBO began charging a "service fee" directly to travelers. This "service fee" is charged and collected by HomeAway/VRBO for traveler's use of their services. No part of that fee is charged by or paid to the owner of the property.
Maximum occupancy 2 people - minimum stay 6 nights. Nightly rate is calculated at the weekly rate divided by 7. Not suitable for children under 6 yrs. of age. Check-in 3pm / Check-out 10am.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Quiet resort like condo community located in the Belnem area. Within walking distance of the airport and restaurants and activities at Plaza Resort. Oceanfront with two fabulous dive/snorkel spots right in front. There is also a 1/2 mile long beach right next to the property, one of the only natural sand beaches on the island just steps away
All southern shore dives/snorkel sites start just 5 minutes down the road. Incredible kitesurfing is about 10 minutes south. You are about 7 minutes from the east side and Lac Bay, with fabulous world-class windsurfing, and about 12 - 15 minutes to the north shore dives. Car rentals and the airport are steps away across the road. It is 1.4 miles to 3 grocery stores. If you like to walk, it is 1.3 miles to the oceanfront Promenade in downtown Kralendijk.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: My husband and I love the beautiful underwater world surrounding Bonaire.
Why the Owner Chose Kralendijk, Caribbean Netherlands:
Private location at the end of the building, gorgeous oceanfront setting, superb diving and snorkeling right in front, beach a few steps away, lovely well cared for complex with beautiful tropical gardens and large pool. Fabulous, convenient location.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
There are so many great things about our place. You will enjoy mid-island convenience to everything. With a Dive-Friends dive-shop at the end of our building, you can dive out front at two fabulous dive sites without ever leaving the property, or there are boat dives leaving from our dock each morning and afternoon. Gorgeous views. Exceptional convenience to the airport. You could even skip car rental for several days and save money. You can literally walk (a short walk at that) across the road to the airport. We do it all the time. And don't worry about airport noise. Due to the orientation of the single runway and the infrequent flight schedule, it truly is not a problem at our place at all.
- Primary: (317) 250-2482 (Indiana, USA)
Links to more information:
View from the balcony
Corner of balcony
Free secure DSL, Stereo w/ iPod docking station, TV & Blu-ray/DVD player.
Kitchen and dining area with all you need to make yourself at home.
Comfy queen size bed with memory foam topper
Beautiful newly remodeled shower!
A table with a view, please.
Our dock with ladder into the sea, freshwater shower and rinse tank
Turn your chair on the front balcony and watch the gorgeous Caribbean sunset.
In the saltpans, the water is bright pink in places. Amazing!
Spotted eagle ray, seen at Torres Reef while snorkeling. Beautiful!
The place to be!
Large sliding glass doors open from living area to seaside balcony.
View to the adjacent beach. You can see the white secure access gate in this pic
Another look at the kitchen
Yawn...is it naptime? Cable tv, dresser and closet, balcony with garden view
Separate water closet, also newly remodeled!
The view down to the pool from the front balcony.
The beach right next to us
Salt piles along the southshore road.
See the midnight parrotfish riding the wave?
Our 3 treasures, OceanScape, OceanEdge, and OceanVista. One of them awaits you!
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.