About the property
- Condo800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
One bedroom - Ocean front - Amazing views!
Top Activities to do while in Bonaire:
1) Scuba or Snorkel
2) Windsurf at Jibe City
3) Kayak in the Mangroves
4) Sunbathe on the soft sand at Lac Bay
5) Donkey Sanctuary
6) Dive/snorkel or relax on beach at Klein Bonaire
7) Do a Sunset Sail around the island
8) Cadushy Distillery
9) Historical / Heritage Tours
10) Take Kite Surfing lessons
11) Drive through Washington-Slagbaai National Park (can dive/snorkel/hike/swim as well)
12) Horseback riding tours
13) Lake Gotomeer - see the Pink Flamingoes
14) Cultural Park - Mangazina di Rei
15) Eco Tours
16) See the Salt Flats
17) Rent a bicycle or scooter
18) Fishing charter tours
19) Relax/Unwind at the Spa -get a massage or facial
20) Gamble at the Casino
21) Jet ski/water ski
22) Check out the Bonaire Museum
23) Bolivia Caves (stalactites/stalagmites); Spelunk Caves (Indian drawings)
24) Air Tours
25) Shop shop til you drop!
Thank you for taking a look and Bon Bini!!! to Reefs Edge Bonaire, an Oceanfront condo with fabulous views and amazing Sunsets! Our condo is located right across the street from Flamingo International Airport. This lovely condo is located on the second floor and is an end unit for additional privacy. Wait until you see the spectacular views overlooking the beautiful waters of Bonaire! My guests are amazed and say these are some of the best views on the island! We love sitting on the large balcony with 270 degree views. You can see Klein Bonaire (and watch the dive boats taking divers to/from); you can see the mountains in Washington Slaagbai Park; you can see cruise ships come in, Naval ships sometimes, and large private yachts owned by billionaires. The Trade winds blow constantly which provide a soothing cooling effect for relaxing any time during the day or evening. I love sitting on my balcony watching the boats go by; feeling the trade winds; checking out the fish, turtles, and eagle rays in the water below. I can sit here for hours being entertained by all of it with my favorite drink in hand (either a glass of wine or Polar/Heineken beer). Feel the stress just melt away because now you are on vacation in Bonaire.
The condo is very open with high cathedral ceilings in the kitchen and living room with lots of nice natural sunlight inside. There is air conditioning throughout the condo, but if you prefer the trade winds that blow constantly day and night, feel free to turn off the AC and open the windows and doors and let the breeze blow through. We have newly installed SCREENS on ALL doors and windows!!! It really does feel nice to have the fresh air and get away from the AC until bedtime. This is one of my favorite things when I arrive to Bonaire - to feel the breeze blowing and the smell of salt water. You know you are at the Ocean now!
The bedroom is pretty and cozy with sun reducing curtains so that you can rest peacefully. We have an end unit for additional privacy but is very close to the dive shop for added convenience.
Special Features of this Condo:
* Large spacious open and airy waterfront condo.
* Large open balcony overlooking water with plenty of table and chairs.
* Lots of windows doors to receive fresh air from trade winds (our unit gets the best breeze due to its location)
* Screens on ALL doors and windows
* Extra privacy with an end unit condo
* Air conditioning throughout the condo
*Comfortable Queen size bed with double pillow top mattress
*Queen sofa bed for extra guests
* Separate shower and toilet areas so that two or more people can get ready for their evening out comfortably
* Dive Friends (My guests get 20% off on air, classes and boat dives) dive operation on premises (can also rent kayaks and stand up paddle boards from them)
* Snorkel or dive in front of condo - just grab tanks/gear/snorkels and go (saw barracuda, two large turtles, squid, a school of blue tang, large parrot fish and more!)
*Awesome snorkeling!! Go across channel to the Right (18th Palm) or to the Left toward Windsock (in front of Tae Amo Beach)
* Dockside Rinse tank for gear; Outside fresh water shower after snorkeling/diving also before entering swimming pool
*Easy access ladder into the water
* Private Oceanfront swimming pool and lounge deck. Lots of chaise lounge chairs for sunbathing and relaxing by the water
* Beautiful tropical gardens - professional maintained. You will see the beautiful butterflies, humming birds, yellow Finches and charming iguanas
*Beautiful white sandy Tae Amo Beach is within walking distance or snorkeling distance, just around the corner
* Ease of access to airport - you are there in 5 minutes - no worry about missing the plane - easy to walk over and get your rental car the next day
* Within 5 minutes of downtown Kralendijk; 5 minutes to grocery store and shopping; also gas station/car wash
* New security gate currently being installed for extra privacy and security at road
* Additional security being on 2nd Floor with private stairs and balconies (three balconies to enjoy!!!)
* We provide 4 beach chairs and beach towels in case you want to go to nearby Te Amo beach (right beside Port Bonaire condos) for relax and unwind time
* Private washing machine for small loads - drying racks provided (laundromat within one mile for really large loads and use of a dryer)
* A Safe is provided for your use
* Local cell phone provided (minutes can be purchased across the street at airport or at local supermarkets)
* My customers receive a 20% discount at Dive Friends (on site) for Air, day time boat dives or products in store
* Discounts on Massage and Yoga services - please inquire - you may also book to have a massage done in the privacy of the condo overlooking the beautiful water - ask, and I can arrange it for you
* Check in is at 3 pm Check out is at 10 am
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 07, 2018
About Christine Rufener
I met my husband while taking scuba classes back in the states in 1997 (thanks Ron P. !!!). My husband shared his beloved stories of diving in Bonaire. For a milestone birthday, we vacationed in Bonaire and I have been hooked ever since. After discovering how easy it was to shore dive in Bonaire and all that it had to offer to include checking out the wonderful sea life (found a seahorse on my birthday dive at Windsock), I knew this was the place I would semi-retire to one day. The people are friendly and warm; the sun seems to shine all the time; the casual atmosphere and spectacular diving. What more could you ask for?
Christine Rufener purchased this Condo in 2014
Why Christine Rufener chose Kralendijk
Why do we love having a vacation home in Bonaire? The lovely Dutch architecture and the nice, friendly, and lovely people that we have met. Our condo is located in a place where people seek out to refresh, rejuvenate, and relax in a quiet and peaceful setting where you can snorkel or dive right in front of the condo. There is an awesome operating dive shop on the premises who are great at what they do, a lovely pool and pool deck, it is just very relaxing!!! I really wouldn't need to leave this place and would enjoy every day there. But...there are so many things to do in Bonaire, fabulous restaurants, awesome diving, a nice sandy beach just a minute of the road from the condo. Close to everything - the airport is especially convenient - you can walk right over to the condo (save on 2 days of truck rental)!!
What makes this Condo unique
* Large spacious open and airy waterfront condo. * Large open balcony overlooking water with plenty of table and chairs. * Lots of windows doors to receive fresh air from trade winds (our unit gets the best breeze due to its location) * Mosquito Screens on all doors and windows so you can enjoy the wonderful Trade Winds * Extra privacy with an end unit condo * Air conditioning throughout the condo *Queen size bed with pillow top mattress * Separate shower and toilet areas so that two or more people can get ready for their evening out comfortably * Dive Friends dive operation on premises * Snorkel or dive in front of condo - just grab tanks/gear/snorkels and go (saw eight Squid each time I snorkeled!) * Dockside Rinse tank for gear/outside shower after snorkeling/diving; easy access to water via 3-4 stairs * Private Oceanfront swimming pool and lounge deck-lots of lounge chairs * Beautiful tropical gardens - see butterflies, humming birds, Finches and charming iguanas * Ease of access to airport - you are there in 5 minutes - no worry about missing the plane * Additional security being on 2nd Floor with private stairs and balconies (three balconies to enjoy!!!) * We provide 4 beach chairs and 2 beach towels in case you want to go to nearby Te Amo beach (right beside Port Bonaire condos) for relax and unwind time * Private washing machine for small loads - drying racks provided (laundromat within one mile for really large loads and use of a dryer) * A Safe is provided for your use * Local cell phone provided (you will need to purchase prepaid minutes card at local grocery stores or airport $5 card should be enough to make a few local calls (taxi/reservations) * My customers receive a 20% discount at Dive Friends (on site) for Air, day time boat dives or products in store * Discounts on Massage and Yoga services - please inquire * Check in is at 3 pm Check out is at 10 am
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Near perfect vacation. Christine was a gracious, professional host and everything went seamlessly. I won’t repeat other’s praises but do have a few comments.
The Wi-Fi has been upgraded and is excellent, easy connection and no problems.
One reviewer mentioned noise from the compressors next door, I never heard that, in the morning and early afternoon, you might hear a few minutes of noise as the dive boats next door unload and load, but really trivial. And in the course of the day, there might be two planes taking off, all in all, the quietest vacation resort we have ever rented.
A pleasant surprise, the weather was excellent not the humid oppressive tropical humidly you might expect, the constant breezes keep you comfortable.
And for a small Island, they have a lot of excellent restaurants and even now at the tail end of the season you do need reservations. Our favorite was La Cantina Cerveceria, at Kaya Grandi 12, excellent food, good prices and great atmosphere.
Bottom line, would I go back? Definitely. Would I recommend it to my best friend? Definitely, the only caveat, it is a divers/snorkelers destination.
The property was just as promised and the location was perfect. Being right across the street from the airport sounded like an odd idea at first but it was a total non issue for noise and actually very convenient. The location was great. It was a nice long walk into town, an easy drive to Sorobon beach and who doesn't love snorkelling right from your own property? The kitchen was well equipped. The pool area and chairs were very nice. We spent a lot of time on the balcony watching the cruise ships go by, the setting sun and the dive bombing pelicans. It was all very easy to plan and Christine was quick to respond during the booking process.
Lovely view, convenient location, great pool.
The apartment was well-located on the water. The apartment is very well-furnished with a very comfortable bed and lots of kitchen equipment. It is very clean and easily maintained. The wifi, TV etc. were very good. The breeze kept the apartment nice and cool. We didn't have to use the air conditioning at all. The dive shop next door was most convenient.
The only negative thing was the noise level at times as the apartment is very near to the airport, a construction site and the dive shop air filling station for the dive tanks which also clang around a lot when being moved. It was, however, relatively quiet from 10:00 pm on until around 7:00 am.
Overall, it is a very good place to stay.
We really loved and enjoyed this place. If you are a diver, the location is PERFECT, right next to Dive Friends. If you are interested in taking an easy dive, you can also take a dive right from the pool area to Donkey Beach; so if you want to take an easy night dive, there you go (However, be careful of the boats coming in and out of the channel to/from the Port Bonaire). The pool area is an excellent place to relax after a great day of diving, or to hang out with your kids.
The view from the balcony is wonderful. You have a great view of the port, downtown and Klein Bonaire. The unit is very clean and comfortable and fully equipped with everything we needed. As a person who likes to cook, I found the kitchen fully equipped with everything I needed (e.g. numerous pots, pans, & cooking utensils, plates, dishes, glasses, etc.) Unfortunately, the condo complex does not allow bbq'ing on condo complex grounds.
Even though we only used the air conditioning in the bedroom, since the ocean breezes through the condo are wonderful, there are 2 ac units in this condo. Also, the host was very friendly and accommodating, and easy to communicate with. We highly recommend staying at this condo.
This resort is eveything it claims to be.
My wife and I stayed at Reef's Edge for one week and were delighted with the accommodations. The apartment was large, tastefully decorated, and fully equipped with everything we expected (dishes, cookware, lots of large towels, etc) and some things we didn't expect (candles, tea, spices, aluminum foil, some first aid items, books on Bonaire). The location is excellent, being close but not too close to town and supermarkets. We were a little concerned about its proximity to the airport (literally across the street), but that too turned out to be a plus. Noise from air traffic was minimal and barely noticeable, and our easy access to the car rental was very convenient. When we booked our car, we didn't realize that a pickup truck is a necessity for visiting the national park. No problem! We just walked over and arranged for a swap at no cost. The easy access to snorkeling right off the resort's dock was also very convenient, and the small, well-maintained swimming pool was most welcome after a day's activity. We ate all our dinners on our veranda and watched some magnificent sunsets. If we return to Bonaire, this is where we will stay.
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
I am glad you both enjoyed the condo and the island of Bonaire. The sunsets are really really nice and we have some really good pictures of them! Our favorite past time is to sit and relax on the veranda, take in the wildlife (pelicans, turtles) without even getting out of our seats!
It is so relaxing up there to sit and watch the boats go by and feel the breeze. We would love to host you again in the future!
Great locale, quiet and beautiful ocean view!
The condo at Port Bonaire is lovely and in a great location mid island. We could dive either the north or south end of the island with little driving. The dive shop is just next door- very convenient! I was concerned that it was right next to the airport, but it was not a problem at all. We heard no noise and it was nice being so close for arrival and departure. The condo had everything we needed, the bed was comfortable, and the neighbors were quiet. Our favorite aspect by far was the balcony with a beautiful view, nice breeze, distant music from a neighboring resort and passing boats. We loved watching the large iguanas on the rock ledge below. Would definitely recommend!
Bonaire has many activities booked throughout the year to include Underwater Clean Up, Fishing Tournaments, Regattas, Carnival, Heineken Jazz Festival, Cultural Markets and Events and Miscellaneous Festivals throughout the year. There is ALWAYS something to do in Bonaire!!!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. All taxes and utilities included. Extra fee for 3-4 persons (use of sofa/sleeper bed). Minimum rental is two (2) nights. Weekly rates listed cover 7 nights. Refundable deposit for Security Gate key. Check in at 3 pm; Check out at 10 am.