Vineyard Cottage with Stunning Views
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Enjoy wine country living in our vineyard and experience the wine country lifestyle at it's source! World class vineyards and wineries, Bernardus, Julien, Heller Estate, Galante Family Winery and Georis, surround our Carmel Valley Vineyard. We are a licensed winery and produce Rombi, Carmel Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot both estate grown. Our first release was the 2006 vintage which was sold privately and thru selected fine restaurants. The 2006 vintage produced less than 100 cases and won a Silver award in the Los Angeles International Wine and Spirits Competition. We are currently selling the 2012 Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
The property is spectacular and the second level cottage has views of our Carmel Valley Vineyard. The private deck offers stunning views of Julian Vineyards, Heller Estate and the Ventana Wilderness on the horizon.
The charming wood cottage is 800 square feet and features a private deck off the bedroom and living room, quality bed linens, a full kitchen with everything a gourmet chef will need, satellite TV, full movie and book library, high speed internet and your own washer and dryer. The decor highlights artwork by local artists. The living room features cozy comfortable furniture to relax in and enjoy the ambience. You will also have the use of the beautiful swimming pool (heated May through September), which overlooks the views of the local vineyards.
There is a cat Peanut on the property. He loves people but does not see many of them and he will leave you alone. He is an outdoor cat. We also have two vineyard puppies Bella and Ali.
The estate sits on its own ridge with fabulous views. The down side is it has very steep side hills and is not child friendly. We are sorry but this is an adult only property.
The cottage is peaceful, cozy and lets you experience living in the country on a working vineyard. It is close to great restaurants, shopping, golf and wine tasting. We are 45 minutes from the Monterey Peninsula Airport and Carmel By The Sea, and we are 25 minutes to the Carmel Valley Village.
All guests receive complimentary wine tasting at the Rombi Wine new tasting room in the Carmel Valley Village. Located at one Center Street just off Carmel Valley Road.
Keywords: Vineyard Cottage
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Queen size Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Bathtub with shower
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 4 - Apr 30, 2017
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- cleaning fee $75
- Tax Rate 10.5%
Please e-mail or call us for availability.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Carmel Valley Restaurants and Wine Tasting
• Café Rustica is a favorite in the Carmel Valley Village. Inside and outside dining with a nice menu.
• A new favorite addition to the Village is Roux. We have had great lunches there. Try the deviled eggs! I know it sounds strange but they are so good. Small plates are great!!! I would make reservations.
• Corkscrew Café for lunch or dinner in the Carmel Valley Village. One of our favorite lunch spots. It is on the right past Kasey's and the Chevron station as you are leaving the village. Outside Patio is a must. Open until 4pm for lunch. Georis Winery owns it and the tasting room is across the street. I love their Rose.
• Wills Fargo in the Carmel Valley Village. Been there for 50 years. Steak house with lots of Carmel Valley ambience. Good bar menu and outdoor seating.
Carmel Valley Restaurants and Wine Tasting
• Los Laureles Lodge for dinner. Good main menu and bar menu. Lots of Carmel Valley charm. On the right as you head to Carmel before you get to Bernardus.
• Bernardus Lodge has just opened a new restaurant called Lucia. It is really great! Try the $20 pizza. It is outstanding. Open for lunch and dinner but I would recommend reservations for lunch or dinner. It is really really good. You can sit outside for lunch or inside. For dinner sit in the really comfortable new white chairs. We have loved it each time we have gone . Just re-opened in April. The chef Cal who has been there for years has stayed in the cottage!
• There is a little place called Kathy’s Corner (no relation) that has really good Mexican food. Sometimes we get it to go because the place is really small. It is right on Carmel Valley Road in the village across from Wills Fargo Restaurant.
• You will receive Complimentary tastings at our tasting room. Your host and winemaker Salvatore Rombi works the tasting room on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 5. We are only open on these days.
• There are 21 Tasting rooms in the village and each one has their own unique specialty. It is always fun to taste wines made from individuals and not large corporations. Here are just some of our Carmel Valley Favorites!
Carmel Valley Restaurants and Wine Tasting
• All of these are in the Carmel Valley Village, We have a map in the cottage.
• Boekenoogan Wine Tasting Room, Great Pinot and Chardonnay. John Boekenoogan is at his tasting room most Saturdays. Great guy and wine! Nice people
• Georis Tasting Room, Walter Georis is an amazing talent. He owns some terrific restaurants and is a wonderful artist. And, he produces the best Rose. Try his Les Abeilles. Good wine and great packaging!
• Parsonage Tasting Room, Their Vineyard is just past the village. They produce some very good red wines.
• Joyce, nice people and good local wine.
• Mercy, they produce some nice whites
• Twisted Roots, see if he has any sparkling wine left. It was very good. His other wines are good as well.
• Cowgirl, not a big fan of the wines but fun tasting room.
• Chesbro, Good wines
• Heller and Joullian are what you see from your deck. They both produce some good wines
• Holman Tasting Room, Nice people. Say hi to Duncan! Owners of Holman Ranch and Wills Fargo Restaurant.
Year Purchased: 1985
About the owner: Salvatore Rombi viticulturist, winemaker and Kathy Baker (official taster) were both born and raised on the Monterey Peninsula and Carmel Valley. We know the area intimately and enjoy sharing it and love all it has to offer. We began the process of developing the vineyard in 1994. The Winery was completed in 2007 and the first commercial release of the Rombi Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot was the 2006 vintage. The Merlot won a Silver in the Los Angeles Wine and Spirits Competition. The process has been challenging, exciting and rewarding. It is wonderful to see it come to life. In 2012 we opened the Rombi Wine Tasting Room in the Carmel Valley Village. It is open on Saturdays and Sundays noon to 5. Sal (winemaker) works the tasting room on the weekends. Sal owns Carmel Valley Realty Company and has been in the real estate business since 1972. He also is the vineyard manager and winemaker. Kathy was an executive with a radio broadcast group in California for over 25 years and now owns a marketing and consulting company. We have rented houses for years in Italy and France and understand the amenities and accruements we enjoy and will respect guest's privacy. The cottage is yours during your stay.
Why the Owner Chose Carmel Valley, CA, USA:
Unique wine country living but close enough to everything the Monterey Peninsula has to offer.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Walk in the vineyard, hiking and taste world class wine! Quiet peaceful setting with all the modern conveniences you will need.
- Primary: 831-595-4648
- Secondary: 831-915-9118
- Tertiary: +1 8315954648
- Fax: +1 8316597522
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Vineyard Cottage at Rombi Wines Estate Vineyard
View of cottage from the end of the vineyard!
view from the mountain
Your Private Deck With BBQ And Views!
Cottage Romantic Bedroom
View From Living Room
Swimming Pool With Beautiful Views!
View of vineyard and property and vineyards accross the valley
Vineyard puppy Bella enjoying Rombi Wines
More views from your cottage!
Views Of Vineyard From Your Cottage
Cottage Atop Vineyard Building
Cozy Living Room
View from your bedroom!
View From Kitchen
Enjoy The Great Carmel Valley Weather
more views from your cottage!
Barrel tasting with winemaker Salvatore Rombi!
Views from your cottage!
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees