Thank you for considering Waterscape a225!
PLEASE INQUIRE FOR ACCURATE PRICING PRIOR TO BOOKING if booking other than Sat-Sat!
*The rates on this site are not accurate for any stays other than SATURDAY to SATURDAY from March to October and winter holidays
UNIT A-225 UNIQUE FEATURES:
**NEW 2018: Master Bedroom KING SIZE 12” cool gel Serta memory foam mattress!
**BEDS: 2 KING SIZE BEDS ONE IN EACH MASTER BEDROOM
**BUNKROOM DOOR: Solid Core, rare @ Waterscape
**BUNKROOM TV: Cable & DVD player, rare @ Waterscape
**100% TILE FLOOR: No dirty carpet
**UNIT LOCATION: 30 second walk to heated pool, splash pool, & 3 Webber gas grills from an enclosed hotel style hallway (no elevator needed)
**COVERED PARKING: 30-45 second walk from front door (no elevator needed)
**TV’s: 50 Inch in great room, 40 Inch in Master along with 2 additional flat screens
**SOUND SYSTEM: Sony w/Bluetooth streaming, Netflix, & Pandora
**BEACH CHAIRS: 4 back pack style chairs and 2 umbrellas for you to take to the beach
**BUILDING LOCATION: Short Walk to the board walk, restaurants, attractions, and pier
MORE UNIT DETAILS:
Ideal location, you never need to step foot on an elevator. When you want to go to the pool walk down the air-conditioned hallway directly out to the Splash pool/play area and seasonally heated pool. The unique indoor hallway makes moving in your luggage much more comfortable during the summertime heat. The Kitchen has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a nice open serving area allowing for guest to relax and mingle while the chef in the group completes everyone’s meal. The bunkroom has its own door and cable TV which are a unique feature added to this unit after construction was completed. Both bedrooms are set up as masters with direct access to the balcony for convenience. They also both have KING SIZE bed's, this is rare to find at Waterscape.
Each bedroom has a private bathroom, with an oversized tub & shower. The master has his and her sinks. The children will enjoy use of the half bath allowing for more privacy in each of the two masters.
Finally, we provide the best of both worlds access directly to the owner to book your unit and local professional management services in case something requires immediate attention.
CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE U-SHAPED BUILDING AT WATERSCAPE?
Generally, units closer to the sand will cost more to rent, and will be further from parking. Please keep in mind the entire complex is located on the beach and every unit is a short walk to the ocean!
Waterscape is shaped like a U, this means only 12 units are directly parallel to the ocean without an angled view or distance of about 80-100 yards to the sand. The left side of the U is the A building, the bottom is the C building, and the right side is the B building. All of what makes Waterscape the best resort for kids in the Destin area are the pools that lie in the middle of the U.
Our A225 unit is located one unit from entrance to the interior hallway in the A building. Most units do not have access via an interior climate controlled hallway. This entrance is the closest location in the A building to the COVERED parking garage and back entrance to the splash pool. This means you can access pools, grills, and parking without getting on an elevator in less than 30 seconds. Our C300 and C306 units are located one level up, or effectively second floor as the pool is on the second level. You can park 25 feet from the front door of either unit. Access to the pools and our A225 unit from these two units is also extremely convenient. One can go down the elevator to the second level or take one flight of stairs.
If you want to see the pools and resort grounds, you should stay in the C building, or in even numbered units in the A or B building. If you want things quieter, the odd numbered units in A or B face the outside of the property. Nearly all the odd numbered units in A & B will have a narrow view or no view of the ocean between the buildings. This unit faces the brand-new hotel completed in 2017. While depending upon palm tree growth you can see water, I do not consider this or 80%+ of the A & B odd # units to have a “view” of the ocean. If you want a nice view of the ocean you should stay in the first three stacks of the A & B building on at least the 2nd floor or higher!
WHY DID WE CHOOSE THESE LOCATIONS AT WATERSCAPE?
My wife and I had young kids under the age of eight when we purchased our Waterscape units. We found over the years most our time was spent around the splash pool with the slide and the grills for cooking. We also found that we seem to bring half of our house with us on vacation. Being extremely close to the car and the splash pool area is a no brainer for convenience.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO RENT AN UPDATED UNIT?
Most of these units had one of a handful of furniture packages. The sofas, TV’s, bed frames, and carpet are the issue. We have had to replace all these items as they were either broken, disgusting, or too small in the case of TV’s.
WHY DO WE NOT INCLUDE BEACH CHAIR SET UP AT WATERSCAPE?
During the busy season guest, must arrive at 7:00 AM to even consider choosing a seating location, because of the placement of the chairs. I find I can get closer to the beach without worrying with how early my day starts using my own chairs. Therefore, we provide our guest with four chairs and two umbrellas during their visit to take to the beach.
HOW DO I SEE YOUR OTHER UNITS? (Over 150 reviews 4.5+ out of 5 stars)
Waterscape: VRBO #318211, 650420, 584299
Azure: VRBO #475054
Destin West: VRBO #745692
WHAT MAKES WATERSCAPE UNIQUE?
• Built in 2008, making it one of the newest condos built in the entire Destin area (most Destin condos are 80’s and 90’s projects)
• Courtyard design reminiscent of a five star Caribbean resort
• Four Pool Areas: One heated seasonally, one with zero entry access and waterfall, Lazy River, and pool designed for toddlers (fenced, covered pavilion play area, built in water toys, and a waterslide)
• Weber gas grills cleaned daily
• Two hot tubs
• Poolside Cafe run seasonally serving food and frozen drinks
• Weekly movie night in the pool and daily activities for the kids seasonally
• 490 feet of beach directly in front of complex
• Thoughtful beach entry area complete with four fresh water showers, foot washing stations, one walkway with ramp if you can’t take steps, and shoe storage area on wooden railing (leave items at your own risk)
• State of the Art Fitness Center with Life Fitness equipment and LCD TV’s on cardio equipment
• Once you have groceries you don’t have to get in your car again
• 24-hour security
ACROSS THE STREET:
• OLD BAY STEAMER: Upscale broiled seafood
• ASIAGO’S SKILLET: Dive breakfast joint
• FUBAR: Fun bar on the bay live music
• AJ’s OYSTER SHANTY: Good for a quick bite featuring live music some nights
• OKALOOSA NATIONAL: Mini Golf & Ice Cream
RESTAURANTS, BARS, AND ACTIVITIES (Less than 1 mile)
• 15+ RESTAURANTS: ranging from extremely casual to upscale
• GULFARIUM: Meet the Dolphins
• OKALOOSA COUNTY PIER: Fishing tackle and pole rental
• THE BOARDWALK: Offers oceanfront dining, shopping, bars, live music, playground for the kids, and volleyball courts
• WILD WILLY’S ADVENTURE ZONE: Games, 4d theatre, put/put golf, etc.!
ACTIVITIES (Short Drive away):
• PUBLIX GROCERY: Store (1 mile)
• DOWNTOWN FORT WALTON HISTORIC DISTRICT: (1 mile)
• INDIAN TEMPLE MOUND MUSUEM: (1 mile)
• HARBOR WALK VILLAGE: Shopping, Dining, Fishing Charter, and Boat Rentals, (6 miles)
• BIG KAHUNAS WATER PARK: Water Slides (8 miles)
• THE TRACK: Go Carts, Mini Golf, Bumper Rids, Sky Flyer, Bungee Jump, and Arcade (8.8 miles)
• DESTIN COMMONS: Upscale Open-Air Mall (11 miles)
• SILVER SANDS FACTORY OUTLET: Over 100 designer brand name outlet stores, (15.7 miles)
**RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS WITHIN 1 MILE**
• BAY CAFÉ FRENCH RESTAURANT: Hard to find less than a mile from the unit –best red fish for lunch outside of New Orleans
• OLD BAY STEAMER: One of the top picks for the locals and walking distance from our unit
• ROCKIN TACO: Good (not great) spot to eat walking distance on the beach, they even have a beach side playground for the kids
• THE GULF OKALOOSA ISLAND: Super fun atmosphere on the bay with fresh food choices that change daily less than a mile away
• GIOVANNI’S ONE89: Great Italian in historic downtown Fort Walton Beach 1 mile away
• MAGNOLLIA GRILL: Great atmosphere set in an old (1910) southern style beach home in historic downtown Fort Walton Beach 1 mile away
**RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS WITHIN 10-15 MINUTES IN DESTIN**
• MCGUIRE’S IRISH PUB: Great burgers, Irish specialties, Sunday brunch drink specials, and authentic atmosphere
• THE LOUISIANA LAGNIAPPE: Fantastic seafood
• BROTULAS: Great seafood
• DONUT HOLE: Great breakfast and fantastic donuts
* Please bring your own games and 2nd controller. Please bring a working cell phone as the unit does not have a land line.