About the property
- Condo1292 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Bunk Area, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
Thank you for considering WATERSCAPE UNIT A225!
**** READ PRIOR TO INSTANT BOOKING ****
* Please INQUIRE to confirm pricing PRIOR to BOOKING if not a SATURDAY to SATURDAY
* This unit uses WEEKLY UNIT PRICING March - October and winter holidays
* A WEEKLY UNIT is considered SATURDAY to SATURDAY
* Unfortunately, this site only accommodates hotel style pricing and this is a private condo
UNIT A-225 UNIQUE FEATURES:
**NEW 2018: Master Bedroom KING SIZE 12” cool gel Serta memory foam mattress!
**BEDS: 2 KING SIZE BEDS ONE IN EACH MASTER BEDROOM
**BUNKROOM DOOR: Solid Core, rare @ Waterscape
**BUNKROOM TV: Cable & DVD player, rare @ Waterscape
**100% TILE FLOOR: No dirty carpet
**UNIT LOCATION: 30 second walk to heated pool, splash pool, & 3 Webber gas grills from an enclosed hotel style hallway (no elevator needed)
**COVERED PARKING: 30-45 second walk from front door (no elevator needed)
**TV’s: 49 Inch in great room, 40 Inch in Master along with 2 additional flat screens
**SOUND SYSTEM: Sony w/Bluetooth streaming, Netflix, & Pandora
**SECURITY: Deadbolt lock high preventing littles ones from escaping
**BEACH CHAIRS: 4 back pack style chairs and 2 umbrellas for you to take to the beach
**NEW: Paint, Bedding, Bed, Bed Frames, & Sofas
**BUILDING LOCATION: Short Walk to the board walk, restaurants, attractions, and pier
MORE UNIT DETAILS:
Ideal location, you never need to step foot on an elevator. When you want to go to the pool walk down the air-conditioned hallway directly out to the Splash pool/play area and seasonally heated pool. The unique indoor hallway makes moving in your luggage much more comfortable during the summertime heat. The Kitchen has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a nice open serving area allowing for guest to relax and mingle while the chef in the group completes everyone’s meal. The bunkroom has its own door and cable TV which are a unique feature added to this unit after construction was completed. Both bedrooms are set up as masters with direct access to the balcony for convenience. They also both have KING SIZE bed's this is rare to find at Waterscape.
Each bedroom has a private bathroom, with an oversized tub & shower. The master has his and her sinks. The children will enjoy use of the half bath allowing for more privacy in each of the two masters.
Finally, we provide the best of both worlds access directly to the owner to book your unit and local professional management services in case something requires immediate attention.
CAN YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE U-SHAPED BUILDING AT WATERSCAPE?
Generally, units closer to the sand will cost more to rent, and will be further from parking. Please keep in mind the entire complex is located on the beach and every unit is a short walk to the ocean!
Waterscape is shaped like a U, this means only 12 units are directly parallel to the ocean without an angled view or distance of about 80-100 yards to the sand. The left side of the U is the A building, the bottom is the C building, and the right side is the B building. All of what makes Waterscape the best resort for kids in the Destin area are the pools that lie in the middle of the U.
Our A225 unit is located one unit from entrance to the interior hallway in the A building. Most units do not have access via an interior climate controlled hallway. This entrance is the closest location in the A building to the COVERED parking garage and back entrance to the splash pool. This means you can access pools, grills, and parking without getting on an elevator in less than 30 seconds. Our C300 and C306 units are located one level up, or effectively second floor as the pool is on the second level. You can park 25 feet from the front door of either unit. Access to the pools and our A225 unit from these two units is also extremely convenient. One can go down the elevator to the second level or take one flight of stairs.
If you want to see the pools and resort grounds, you should stay in the C building, or in even numbered units in the A or B building. If you want things quieter, the odd numbered units in A or B face the outside of the property. Nearly all the odd numbered units in A & B will have a narrow view or no view of the ocean between the buildings. The new hotel next to the A building has been completed and our A225 unit has no view of the ocean.
WHY DID WE CHOOSE THESE LOCATIONS AT WATERSCAPE?
My wife and I had young kids under the age of eight when we purchased our Waterscape units. We found over the years most our time was spent around the splash pool with the slide and the grills for cooking. We also found that we seem to bring half of our house with us on vacation. Being extremely close to the car and the splash pool area is a no brainer for convenience.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO RENT AN UPDATED UNIT?
Most of these units had one of a handful of furniture packages. The sofas, TV’s, bed frames, and carpet are the issue. We have had to replace all these items as they were either broken, disgusting, or too small in the case of TV’s.
WHY DO WE NOT INCLUDE BEACH CHAIR SET UP AT WATERSCAPE?
During the busy season guest, must arrive at 7:00 AM to even consider choosing a seating location, because of the placement of the chairs. I find I can get closer to the beach without worrying with how early my day starts using my own chairs. Therefore, we provide our guest with four chairs and two umbrellas during their visit.
WHAT MAKES WATERSCAPE UNIQUE?
• Built in 2008, making it one of the newest condos built in the entire Destin area (most Destin condos are 80’s and 90’s projects)
• Courtyard design reminiscent of a five star Caribbean resort
• Four Pool Areas: One heated seasonally, one with zero entry access and waterfall, Lazy River, and pool designed for toddlers (fenced, covered pavilion play area, built in water toys, and a waterslide)
• Weber gas grills cleaned daily
• Two hot tubs
• Poolside Cafe run seasonally serving food and frozen drinks
• Weekly movie night in the pool and daily activities for the kids seasonally
• 490 feet of beach directly in front of complex
• Thoughtful beach entry area complete with four fresh water showers, two foot washing stations, one walkway with ramp if you can’t take steps, and shoe storage area on wooden railing (leave items at your own risk)
• State of the Art Fitness Center with Life Fitness equipment and LCD TV’s on cardio equipment
• Once you have groceries you don’t have to get in your car again
• 24-hour security
ACROSS THE STREET:
• OLD BAY STEAMER: Upscale broiled seafood, www.oldbaysteamerfwb.com
• ASIAGO’S SKILLET: Dive breakfast joint, www.asiagoskillet.com
• HELEN BACK CAFE: Fun bar on the bay live music www.helenbackcafe.com
• AJ’s OYSTER SHANTY: www.ajsoystershanty.com
• OKALOOSA NATIONAL: Mini Golf & Ice Cream, www.okaloosaminigolf.com
RESTAURANTS, BARS, AND ACTIVITIES (Less than 1 mile)
• 15+ RESTAURANTS: ranging from extremely casual to upscale
• GULFARIUM: Meet the Dolphins, www.gulfarium.com
• OKALOOSA COUNTY PIER: Fishing tackle and pole rental, www.okaloosaislandpier.net
• THE BOARDWALK: Offers oceanfront dining, shopping, bars, live music, playground for the kids, and volleyball courts, www.theboardwaloi.com
• WILD WILLY’S ADVENTURE ZONE: www.wwazon.com
ACTIVITIES (Short Drive away):
• PUBLIX GROCERY: Store (1 mile)
• DOWNTOWN FORT WALTON HISTORIC DISTRICT: www.downtownfwb.com (1 mile)
• INDIAN TEMPLE MOUND MUSUEM: www.fwb.org/museums/indian-temple-mound-museum.com (1 mile)
• HARBOR WALK VILLAGE: Shopping, Dining, Fishing Charter, and Boat Rentals, www.emeraldgrande.com/harborwalk-village.com (6 m)
• BIG KAHUNAS WATER PARK: Water Slides, www.bigkahunas.com (8 m)
• THE TRACK: Go Carts, Mini Golf, Bumper Rids, Sky Flyer, Bungee Jump, and Arcade, www.destintrack.com (8.8 m)
• DESTIN COMMONS: Upscale Open Air Mall, www.destincommons.com (11 m)
• SILVER SANDS FACTORY OUTLET: Over 100 designer brand name outlet stores, www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/silver-sands.com (15.7 m)
**RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS WITHIN 1 MILE**
• BAY CAFÉ FRENCH RESTAURANT: Hard to find less than a mile from the unit –best red fish for lunch outside of New Orleans, www.baycafewaterfront.com
• OLD BAY STEAMER: One of the top picks for the locals and walking distance from our unit, www.oldbaysteamerfwb.com
• ROCKIN TACO: Good (not great) spot to eat walking distance on the beach, they even have a beach side playground for the kids, www.rockintacos.com
• THE GULF OKALOOSA ISLAND: Super fun atmosphere on the bay with fresh food choices that change daily less than a mile away, www.thegulf.com
• Giovanni’s One89: Great Italian in historic downtown Fort Walton Beach 1 mile away, www.giovannisone89.com
• MAGNOLLIA GRILL: Great atmosphere set in an old (1910) southern style beach home in historic downtown Fort Walton Beach 1 mile away, www.magnoliagrillfwb.com
**RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS WITHIN 10-15 MINUTES IN DESTIN**
• MCGUIRE’S IRISH PUB: Great burgers, Irish specialties, Sunday brunch drink specials, and authentic atmosphere, www.mcguiresirishpub.com
• THE LOUISIANA LAGNIAPPE: Fantastic seafood, www.thelouisianalagniappe.com
• Brotulas: Great seafood, www.brotulas.com
• DONUT HOLE: Great breakfast and fantastic donuts
* Please bring your own games and 2nd controller. Please bring a working cell phone as the unit does not have a land line.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
About Rick Angle
It was always my mom's dream to own a condo in Fort Walton Beach. My wife and I adopted this dream and were fortunate to make it come true. We were blessed to be able to purchase this unit during the downturn in the market. After seeing this could actually become a business for our family we purchased additional units each year and started DESTIN WEST ESCAPES! Each year we improve on our ability to deliver a solid vacation experience for our guest. It is my sincere desire to be a small part of your families vacation memory making experience!
Rick Angle purchased this Condo in 2010
Why Rick Angle chose Ft Walton Beach
This complex is a perfect family atmosphere and location to maximize time at the beach!
What makes this Condo unique
My favorite aspect of Waterscape is the resort style pool area, convenience of never needing to get in the car after the first visit to the grocery store, or step foot on an elevator.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We stayed here with our two children, another couple and their two children. Okaloosa Island, Waterscape and the condo were all fantastic! The two master suites were just as expected and the kitchen was well-stocked with basic cooking supplies.
Things to know before you go - The reference to beach chairs is for some stored in the box on the porch. Great chairs, we just assumed the ones set up on the beach were for us. I actually preferred the ones made available by the owner, the only downside is packing them. Secondly, I thought the condo looked out over the baby pool. It does not, it looks over a parking lot. Yes, very conveniently located, but not quite the view we were hoping for.
Recommendation to the owner - include a non-stick skillet. Scraping eggs off a skillet every morning was not fun :(.
Otherwise, fantastic stay! I would go back and I would recommend it to anyone. Deposit was refunded immediately.
Super happy you guys had an excellent stay!
Please look at our photos we have a picture of the balcony view along with a photo of the beach chairs we provide. I find these chairs are better, too!
Unfortunately guest tend to use metal on our nonstick pans so they must be replaced often. I have several in our owners closet and have since replaced this one. If you have the same issue let us know and we will get you a replacement during your stay.
Great place for the little kids and adults.
4 adults and 5 little kids, would definitely stay here again.
Plenty of room and great pool setup
We loved our stay. Only complaint might be that you can hear people especially kids running in the room above. Other than that great place
Great place to take the family. They really loved the white sandy beach.
Our stay at A225 was great. It is clean and well maintained. The kids loved the bunkroom. The pools and beach at this resort are ideal for families, especially if you have preteen and younger as we do.
Our only notable complaints are of no fault of the property owner. For a couple of days of our stay, the hallway smelled foul like sulfur or such. You could also occasionally notice it at the heated pool. Also, the last night of the stay, the fire alarm for the resort went off at 10:30pm, which is never fun. A positive to this is the fire department is right across the street next to the strip club so they had responded before we even made it outside. Of course, a fire department so close makes alot of noise so keep this in mind if you are a light sleeper.
We wished there was an ice cream place that wasn't terrible within walking distance. We went to the mini golf/ icecream place right across the street once but the icecream was so freezer burnt that the kids wouldn't eat it.
My family all said they would love to come back!
The property was very family friendly!
We really enjoyed our stay!
Great condo in a great location
Condo looks just like the pictures. Everything was clean. The kitchen had everything we needed. We loved being just a few steps from the parking garage and on the same level as the kids pool/splash area. It was super convenient. We've stayed at Waterscape before in a different unit, and we definitely enjoyed this location more. Rick was easy to work with. We would definitely stay here again!
Thank you for the kind words, super happy you had a great trip!
Book attractions online using this link, https://destinwest.tripshock.com/attractions/state-Florida/city-Fort-Walton-Beach-Okaloosa-Island/!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
This is a Saturday to Saturday booking from March - October, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Guest who wish to stay over a Saturday night between March and October will be charged as if they stayed two full weeks. The owner reserves the right to balance bill the difference if it is accidentally booked at inaccurate pricing as VRBO is changing our pricing module without alerting us as owners. A processing fee is included in the tax calculation to pay for the cost of processing new reservations.