Wonderful Apartment Views of Caswell Bay Near Mumbles.(11 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
1bedroom apartment with full width window onto balcony for 2 people.
Please get in touch with me by phone to discuss booking.
Access is via private gated drive and there is spacious parking right on Caswell Bay. The balcony views are spectacular at any time of the day or year and it is often possible to see the Devon coast & enjoy gorgeous sunset skies.There is direct access to walks along the Gower coastal path and inland along beautiful valleys. Golfers and horse riders are visible on the headlands and there are numerous facilities for such recreation. Caswell has every type of watersport including surfing, kayaking, as well as caving, cycling, rock pooling and fishing. The fully manned lifeguards' hut provides safe bathing and surfing
Summer: The Redcliffe apartment in Caswell Bay is the perfect place to have a relaxing holiday. The views are spectacular- you can watch all the beach activities from the 3rd floor balcony and enjoy strolls on the beach, hikes along the coastal path and every manner of water sport. \the sunrise and sunset skies are magnificent. Enjoy a breakfast or evening meal on the balcony.
Please ask if you would like to se more photographs of our apartment and its surroundings.
Spring Autumn and Winter: The apartment affords a fabulous vantage point to watch the ever interesting tidal changes and to explore Gower. Many guests use the apartment as a base for exploring further afield or visiting the many interesting heritage sites in Swansea. The cosy flame glow fire will make you eel at home in the evenings and even in winter the mild microclimate of Caswell Bay will enable you t sit outside and enjoy the fresh air when the sunshine's.
Weather and natural environment: The South coast of Gower has an extremely mild climate. Caswell Bay in particular enjoys a sheltered location tucked behind its westerly headland- a unique microclimate. The sun shines on more than 260 days and if there is a storm or rain it soon clears up , usually bringing a fresh weather system from the South West. The vegetation in the sheltered bays and valleys of South Gower reflect this equable climate and the vegetation is lush and abundant. Perfumed wild flowers abound in spring, gorse and heather blanketing the cliff tops and headlands and the coves have verdant ivies and wild garlic blossom as well as elegant cypress trees.
The tidal range in Caswell Bay means that there is always an opportunity to explore the rock pools and caves that line the sandy beach at low tide. Starfish, anemones and crabs as well and limpet and mussel fields are exciting to discover amongst the caves and platforms. At low tide it is possible to take the beach route to nearby beaches like Langland.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2008
- 3 story
- On floor 3
- 100 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- The bedroom has a luxurious king sized bed with lamp shelf and surrounding fully fitted wardrobes. The wall dividing the bedroom from the living room has a clear glass panel insert to allow a view of the sea from the bed. This is particularly exquisite in the early morning and in the evening sunsets. This window has a blind for privacy and below it is a desk and/or dressing table with plenty of drawer space and a chair. The bedding is soft and comfortable and the room has a light and airy feel....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The Redcliffe apartment is newly refurbished in a stylish, modern style.The interior is tastefully decorated with plain walls and has a full width patio window with white wooden blinds for full visibility or shade. The view is spectacular as the apartment is on the top/third floor accessed by 3 flights of stairs and landings. The living room is spacious and has a dining area as well as table and chairs on the balcony. There is a comfortable leather sofa and leather lounger chair with stylish coffee table on a woollen rug and for entertainment there is a flat screen TV with built in DVD and radio/CD player. For cooler nights and guests enjoying the facilities in the autumn, winter or spring months, there is a cosy atmosphere given by the modern marble surround electric fire with flame glow effect. The kitchen area is equipped with under counter fridge with ice box, hob, oven and microwave and has a spacious storage cupboard. There is also hall storage for boots and coats....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 3 people
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Gated Community
- Walkway To Water
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 7 - Mar 24, 2017
4 night min stay
Mar 25 - Jun 9, 2017
4 night min stay
Jun 10 - Sep 15, 2017
7 night min stay
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $184.62
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
Cleaning, towels and linen are included in the rental. NO beach towels are provided.
A weekly maid service is included.
The maid reads the electricity meter before and after lettings. Normal usage is included in the rental.
Payment of 25% is usual on booking. Balance due 8 weeks before arrival. A security deposit cheque of £150 is usually required. This will not be cashed. In some cases it is possible to pay on arrival.
Payment method is flexible.
Internet access is available at £10 per stay.
It is possible to negotiate the number of nights accommodation, accept babies and consider longer lets in certain cases.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
West of Swansea is the famously beautiful Gower Peninsula- the first area in the whole of the UK to be declared an an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty-AONB. Caswell Bay is stunning. At the entrance to Gower lies the famous village of Mumbles. This is where Dylan Thomas spent his leisure time in the Mermaid Inn, now a restaurant, and where you will see bobbing boats , enjoy harbour walks, numerous bistros and cafes and a wide coastal path for walking and cycling. Formerly the track of the famous Mumbles railway, there is now a summer train running the whole length of Mumbles and Swansea Bay that is a delightful way to get around.
Local attractions are many and various including natural geographical attractions like coastal and valley walks, the famous beaches of Three Cliffs and Rhossili and cultural attractions in Bishopston, Mumbles and Swansea all in close proximity. It is also easy to go further afield to the Black Mountains, Dan Yr Ogof caves and the Brecon Beacons.
Other Activities: cultural activities, theatre, museums.
Why the Owner Chose Bishopston, Swansea, UK:
It is in a unique position and everyone loves being there.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Personal service. Please get in touch with Angela by phone or email to discuss booking.
- Primary: +44 7876718614
- Secondary: +44 1442241887
- Tertiary: +44 7876718614
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Redcliffe apartment balcony.
A relaxing atmosphere
The lounge from the hallway
Refurbished shower room
Refurbished kitchen area
Kingsized bed with fully fitted wardrobe surround.
Shower room 2
From the balcony
Light and airy
Worm's Head at Rhossili
The view from the headland
The sweep of the bay from balcony
Caswell Bay looking South East from the apartment
Cosy in autumn, winter and spring.
The kitchen area with lounge chair
The dining area with views to the Western headland
The sea from the bedroom, window blind for privacy
Sunrise in the bay
The living area
Pwlldu beach around the headland walk
The moon in Caswellbay
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.