* 8 bedrooms, including 3 with private baths
* Sits on several hundred acres of land, bordered by Mount Mansfield State Forest
* Wrap-around covered porch, 2 decks, and a patio
* Babbling mountain brook runs next to the house
* Spacious barn provides indoor recreation: ping-pong, darts and play space
Tucked under Vermont’s tallest mountain, our family home, Squabetty, provides an escape parallel to none. The setting, on the western slope of Mount Mansfield, is breathtaking with the mountain towering behind the house, its flanks to the north and Pleasant Valley to the west. Squabetty’s magical charm appeals to both young and old, active and less active. The location is the ideal backdrop for all kinds of activities – quiet or active. Some people prefer to read, paint or write; others enjoy swimming in the brook-fed pool, playing in the stream, hiking the myriad of trails, or playing ping pong and listening to music in the spacious barn. This retreat, secluded as it may be, offers amenities of modern living -- a fully equipped kitchen and Wi-Fi internet. In addition to having eight bedrooms, Squabetty has multiple places for alone time as well as places for gathering. When the day is done, enjoy a campfire by the brook when the stars come out.