Keene Road Country Estate with Rustic Barns(30 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Perfect for Retreats, Reunions, Weddings, Receptions, Recreation & Relaxation!
This 17 room Colonial Estate is charmingly decorated throughout, and features a large kitchen and utility room with new appliances, large outdoor grill, fire pits, wrap around porch, sunset deck, large patio, pond, walking trail, four or more bedrooms, and two and a half baths, with a detached shower on main level. There is a library and 3 dining areas on main floor. Upper floor meeting rooms can be converted to bedrooms, should the need arise, to accommodate a large group.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
Non Smoking Only:
There is an area outside that may be used for smoking, if necessary. All cigarette butts are to be disposed of in the receptacles outside that are provided (please do not throw in the grass or grounds as they pose a fire risk)...moreless
- Pets Not Allowed:
A ramp and deck has been added to the Annex for accessibility. Portable Metal ramps can assist with access to porch on the Country Estate and main floor restroom. Wheelchair and crutches are also available, if needed....moreless
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- King size beds: 2 rooms in the Country Estate; Queen size Beds: 1 room in the Country Estate, and 1 in the Annex; Double Beds: 1 room in the Country Estate; Twin or Single/Day Beds: 4 in the Annex, including the Bunk beds & Trundle; Sleep Sofa or Futons: 3 long sofas in the Country Estate located on the Main level can be used if needed; Futon in Attic. 2 Regular length sofas are also present, 1 in Country Estate, and 1 in the Annex. Queen Sofa Sleeper added in Annex. The Annex is rented separately from the Country Estate. Two twin air mattresses, and 1 Queen air mattresses are also available in the Country Estate, if needed. Two rooms in the attic can also be used as sleeping rooms, if the tables are moved to accommodate the air mattresses. Guests can bring their own cots if they prefer to sleep above the floor, if air mattresses are used. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- 3 bathrooms in the Country Estate. Includes detached Shower near half bath on main level, with 2 Full baths on second floor. 2 Full Bathrooms in the Annex, including one oversized tub with jet spa insert available. Note: The Annex is priced separately from the Country Estate. Contact Proprietor for more information....moreless
- This property is also available as a wedding venue, or can be used by faith-based groups, corporations, clubs, family, and other organizations as a retreat, workshop, or small conference site. It can be booked for day or evening activities for small or large groups, as well as for an overnight accommodation for small groups. (Four hour minimum rental, please)...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Child's Highchair
Multiple rooms on two floors of the Country Estate are furnished with dining tables and chairs for dining and entertaining. Seating for about 72 inside, and 300 or more outside, as weather permits....moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 40 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
The great room has seating for 30 or more guests as needed, and there are other rooms in the Country Estate to accommodate more comfortably. Annex also has a comfortable living room in an open design...moreless
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
Dishes & Utensils:
Matched place settings for 12 persons, and more may be available as needed. Fully equipped kitchen with counter top and handheld appliances, bowls, trays, and utensils. Discuss with the Proprietor....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 6 - Mar 6, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee/post depart $50
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Taxes Not included
The Country Estate is also available for use as a place for weddings, receptions, corporate and club retreats, and conferences. There is separate pricing for these events, in addition to the use of the facilities for the overnight experience. Additional facilities in other buildings, and other amenities, may be available for a fee, to accommodate larger groups, and to meet your venue criteria. Due to a larger number of guests and vehicles on the property for these events, there is a $100 refundable damage protection deposit required for Events of 35 or more guests.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
This historic home is nestled at the foothills of the Kansas Flint Hills with its beautiful farming and wooded areas. It is equal distance from Manhattan and Lawrence with all of their cultural, educational, and sports activities. Just minutes from the Kansas Capitol, Kansas Historical Museum, the Topeka Zoo, Washburn University, and other attractions. Lakes, parks, and shopping areas abound within a 50 mile radius of this tranquil place.
Year Purchased: 1949
About: This recently renovated, charming Country Estate was purchased by my grandparents in 1949 to expand their farmland. As a lifelong Topekan, I like to share this special place with others. This home has been modernized and updated over the past several years, and is waiting to be enjoyed by families and groups looking to escape from the chaos of daily life, and relax in a comfortable, yet spacious setting.
Why Maple Hill, KS, USA:
Just take a few minutes to sit and watch the sunset over the Flint Hills, or listen to the sounds of the songbirds in the day, or the crickets, coyotes, and other country critters in the evening, and you will discover the beauty that exists hidden in this part of Kansas.
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
Wildlife, wildflowers, and pure country living as viewed in all directions, draw visitors to this lovely and unique home. From its impressive architecture, to its elegant, but home-like comforts inside and out, everyone is sure to be impressed. Located just one mile from Interstate 70, for those individuals that still want to stay connected, local businesses and 24 hour shopping is available less than 5 minutes from this Country Estate.
- Secondary: +1 7852723086 Leave message w/your name and return phone number
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This is a restored and renovated century old Colonial Country Estate.
The Butler Pantry in the kitchen stores pots, pans, coffee & other cooking items
The Master Bedroom is spacious, with a King bed complete w/ metal-framed Canopy.
This Retro Room has a Queen bed and TV.
This sunny room can accommodate two fold out beds in addition to the sofa shown.
Even the attic can be enjoyed for some quiet moments, or to watch sunsets.
The third attic room has a game table as well as a Futon for sleep.
This wrap around porch is enjoyable in every kind of Kansas weather!
The Annex has a lengthy ramped deck to assist anyone entering it.
Spacious living room includes recliner, sofa, and queen-sized sofa sleeper.
The Annex en suite includes a two person bath, plus a separate shower.
One Annex bedroom has bunk beds for kids of all ages!
Large, open kitchen with carts that can be work tables, or used to transport.
This Great Room serves as a large dining, music, or living room with 60" TV.
The Sailor Room has a double bed for single or double occupancy.
This large sun-filled king-sized bedroom displays family quilts and photos.
This 2nd floor Jack and Jill bathroom is shared between 2 bedrooms.
This Attic Room can be used for table games, or for sleeping on Air Mattresses
The main attic room can be used for a conference session, table games, or sleep.
An open designed kitchen adjacent to laundry room and living room on other side.
Annex Master Bedroom has a queen-sized bed, an en suite and walk-in closet.
The Annex has a second bathroom with a clean, modern tub/shower.
This Annex bedroom has a daybed opening with a trundle for a twin or queen bed.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.