About the property
- Condo1400 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
3 bed/2 bath corner unit, mountain, river & Surf views, PRIVACY!!!
NOTE: New leather Couch and Loveseat combo Feb 2014! Sorry not in photos yet!
Villas Rio Dulce #9 has been the MOST POPULAR RENTAL with the highest occupancy rate in the Villas Rio Dulce condo building for the past 3 years. The reasons:
Our 3 bedroom, 2 bath unit on the 3rd floor faces both the Rio Dulce river and the jungle on the opposite side. It's also right in front of the world famous Colorados surf break.
- Jungle views from the riverbed to the mountaintop! Not to mention a direct view of the Colorados surf break from your Master Bedroom window or the extremely private balcony.
- A MEASURE OF PRIVACY is afforded that is not provided by most other units. It has elevator or stairs access to it's 3rd floor location. It is an OUTSIDE, CORNER unit with only the jungle to the south and the Colorados surf break in front and to the west. There is no foot traffic that looks into or constantly walks past your unit throughout the day! Begin and end each day in complete privacy, peace and quiet, after your busy & draining surfing adventures!
- A CONSTANT off shore BREEZE from Lake Nicaragua to the east sweeps over the mountains and flows gently through the jungle facing windows that comprise the entire south length of the unit. This virtually eliminates the need for AC and allows you to enjoy a comfortable tropical fresh air feel throughout your stay! Feel free to use the AC that each room in the unit provides. However, since it is not necessary in this elevated & breezy unit, you can enjoy the tropical breezes that you came here for in the first place.....And remember the privacy!!!
- A substantially UPGRADED AND CUSTOM FURNITURE package was acquired for our home! The standard builder package purchased by most unit owners does not compare! Most important are HIGH END PLUSH MATRESSES that guarantee a super comfortable sleep and rejuvenation after a full day's pounding by the waves. This is of the highest priority for any surfer!
In addition, we have selected gallery quality driftwood pieces from the nearby beach and river bed as well as several Nicaraguan themed 'Primitivista' framed oils from Luis Alvarado. He is widely regarded as the country's top artist in that genre. All in an effort to provide our home with a decorator's touch and a 'home away from home' feel not typically associated with a vacation rental. The couch and chair cushions are brand new as of November 2012.
- With our condo's south, southeast orientation, the hot afternoon sun is not a factor with this unit. Unlike other units there is NO need to close the drapes to block out the sun, shut the windows and crank the AC during that time of day.
- Our 3 bedroom can be configured as 1 king & 4 twins, 2 kings and 2 twins, or as 6 twins.
- Our fully stocked kitchen has stainless steel refrigerator & stove. Coffee Maker, Microwave, blender, ice cube trays, and a complete array of cooking utensils, dishes and silverware, etc.
- A flat screen TV with Claro satellite, DVD, IPod dock stereo, and LIBRARY OF 1000+ MOVIES, various HBO & Showtime series, and over 3000 songs from various artists is also provided.
- An ON-SITE MANAGER In THE BUILDING to handle any type of short term needs and/or extra-curricular activities. Day trips could include: Area eco-tours, yoga, manicure, massage, Spanish language lessons, local musicians, fishing trips, mountain climbing, horseback riding, zip lines, volcano hikes, bike and motorcycle rentals, etc.
- Hacienda Iguana is one of the top surfing venues in Nicaragua. Strong winds that originate from Lake Nicaragua to the east, flow over the mountains, and head offshore 330+ days a year, 24 hours a day! Colorados is a now famous world class surf break. Panga Drops is a short 5 minute walk up the beach from there. Colorados is a fast, multi-peaked, barrelling beach break. Panga Drops is a tamer A-framing reef & rock break. There are several other quality breaks in the area that we can arrange boats to.
General amenities available include a:
- a private community beachside pool restaurant/bar/seating area for lounging, swimming and watching sunsets.
- several excellent area restaurants to visit for fabulous food and amazing vistas.
- discounted membership rates at the 10 hole, well maintained and manicured tropical jungle golf course on-site, and at reduced rates.
- Fully cooked Meal Plans available.
- Wireless internet and satellite TV.
- Transportation to and from the airport in Managua as well as around the local area.
- Fresh fish and lobster delivered to your door. Ask about meal plans!
Surf Amenities Outdoor Shower, Surfboards, Boogie Boards, Swim Fins, Beach Umbrella, Beach Chairs, Snorkel Gear, Cooler, Surf Videos, Surf Wax, View of Surf Break, Beach Front House, Family Beach
Amenities Air Conditioning, Linens Provided, Washer, Dryer, Elevator, Off Street Parking
Beds King Bed, Twin/Single Bed
Entertainment/Games Cable/Satellite TV, DVD, CD Player, Shared Pool, Stereo System, Private Pool, Video Library
Kitchen Full Kitchen, Cooking Utensils Provided, Microwave, Refrigerator, Catering Available
Outdoor Features Charcoal BBQ Grill, Deck/Patio, Lanai, Balcony
View/Location Beachfront, Oceanfront, Beach View, Ocean View, Water View
Communications Broadband Internet, WiFi, Cell Phone
Suitability Kid Friendly, Handicapped Accessible,
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 14, 2018
About Todd Koppes
My wife Sandy and I have been travelling to Nicaragua since 2000. We have seen and participated in the growth in and around Hacienda Iguana and the surrounding area. We love the warm friendly people as well as the general area and everything it offers. We are happy to share our home away from home with like minded travelers who will enjoy & appreciate what we've all worked so hard to create.
Todd Koppes purchased this Condo in 2009
Why Todd Koppes chose Rivas Department
Hacienda Iguana is the most beautiful and spectacular beach in Central America. It was an easy choice. Seeing it grow from a long stretch of sand to what is today was an extremely fun and interesting adventure.
What makes this Condo unique
Please review the detailed description for details on: Privacy, airflow throughout the unit, upgraded custom furniture, mountain, river and surf break views and access.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Good location, fast response from owner on any questions
Great experience working with Todd on this property
Amazing accommodations !
Awesome experience! We had a blast! Great surf, great food and amazing place to stay. Our cook (Erica) was the best money I spent on the entire trip!
Thank you for the kind words and great to hear you enjoyed your stay at VRD 9!
Great place, great service, great location!
Place was great Todd took care of everything, shuttle, food, cleaning, etc. Was very helpful with everything else going on and responded almost immediately. Was easy to get the most of out the trip because Todd took care of everything else.
Everything was great
Everything was great. The condo was well kept, clean, and in a perfect location. The pictures were accurate and the picture of the view from the balcony does not do it justice. Everything was fantastic and I will definitely be back. I recommend this property to anyone wanting to stay in Hacienda Iguana.
My stay at Todd's condo was fantastic!
Having rented two separate properties, one from Todd and one from another owner, I can say that the experience with Todd was in every way more enjoyable. The condo was great, and the AC cooled the place down quickly whenever we were inside. We knew AC is expensive in Nicaragua so we tried to use it sparingly, but Todd never said anything about it and just let us enjoy our trip. As a comparison, the other owner we rented from continually harassed us about the electricity being used even though we only turned the AC on during the night. I just want to point that out and say thank you Todd!
Todd recommended we have a meal plan with food prepared for us at the house. The food was awesome and the cooks were a pleasure to work with! I can't recommend that enough, it was so nice to walk in at the specified time and have food waiting for us. The transportation that Todd helped us arrange was also awesome! They were available to pick us up and take us to the airport at literally any time of the day or night and made sure we were at the airport with plenty of time for all flights. The condo itself is about 100 yards from colorados and you can check the waves from the balcony. Heaven for any surfer! At night, the little bar and restaurant, also 100 yards away, were awesome to hang out at. Its a very relaxing vibe down at the beach at night with some soft music and dim lighting.
Again, having dealt with two different owners, I have something to compare my experience to, and Todd was by far the better host. Todd made everything very easy and enjoyable from the booking process to the stay. His main concern was that we were able to have a great surf trip and we enjoyed ourselves the entire time. I will definitely be staying with Todd again in the future!
Thanks so much for the great accommodations which added to an already awesome location and trip!
Thanks for the great review Wilson. Happy to be of service and come back anytime
We just returned from an excellent trip to Iguana villa rio dulce #9. From the very beginning of our trip Todd was incredibly helpful and responsive, even sending us detailed directions of how to get there. Once there the apartment had a beautiful view, it was spacious and clean. Erika also a total sweet heart very helpful. Overall a wonderful trip we hope to return soon.
Area eco-tours, yoga, massage, Spanish language lessons, fishing trips, mountain climbing, horseback riding, zip lines, volcano hikes, bike and motorcycle rentals, etc. - several excellent area restaurants to visit for fabulous food and amazing vistas. - discounted membership rates at the 10 hole, well maintained and manicured tropical jungle golf course on-site, and at reduced rates. - Wireless internet and satellite TV. - Transportation to and from the airport in Managua as well as around the local area.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Surf Season (March-September) $170/night - 1-2 people $200/night – 3-4 people $230/night – 5-6 people Regular Season (October-February) $150/night - 1-2 people $180/night – 3-4 people $210/night – 5-6 people 10th night FREE Easter and Holidays Add $100 per night. **Easter Premium applies Wed,. Thurs, Fri, & Sat night prior to Easter. **Xmas Rate applies Dec 24 through night of Jan 1.