A group of girlfriends, a family, or three couples can enjoy time in the country together and be only 10 minutes from food, shopping, and activities! On the 560 square foot deck you can drink your coffee in the mornings and your favorite beverage in the evenings! There is seating for everyone and a table for eating.
🌷In September 2018 another property across the street from the Canton Cottage will be on VRBO/HomeAway! It’s a 3/2 “Fixer Upper” decorated house with a front porch the entire length of the house with rocking chairs. Sleeps 8. The view is either horses or woods depending on which porch you are sitting on! Email us on this listing for more information! 🌷
The most popular activity for our guests is First Monday Trade Days! But there’s A LOT of other things to do! Nearby activities are Splash Kingdom, Yesterland, The East Texas Zoo and Gator Park, Grand Oaks Vineyards in Mineola, and Lake Fork! There are many wineries within 30 minutes.
Want more than a stacation - and don't have the time to travel?
Dallasites can be here in an hour and reconnect with friends and family.
This is a newly built open concept house with a large living room, dining room, and kitchen all as one large area. A 5' x 5' island is a gathering place for the cook and the diners. Décor is “county cottage” with loads of antiques and antique furniture with beautiful views out all rooms.
A full stocked coffee bar with a Keurig and a regular coffee pot and all the setups are provided to all of our guests. We also have pantry items and condiments for you to use during your stay.
And an underground STORM SHELTER!
· Just 8 Minutes from First Monday Trade Days – The oldest, largest continually operating outdoor flea market in the United States! Held Thursday – Sunday each month during the weekend before the first Monday for the month. It's hard to see it all in one weekend. First Monday truly has something for everyone. From fine furnishings and clothing to dogs and farm animals and just about everything in-between.
· Mineola – 25 minutes away – 10+ antique MALLS!
· Canton - 10 minutes away - Paul Michael and antique malls
. Athens - 35 minutes south has antique malls and a charming tea room
. Many beautiful wineries within 30 minutes and a local one scheduled to open in 2018.
. There are a LOT of great restaurants in Canton
. Our favorite place is The Forge in Ben Wheeler about 20 minutes away.
The cottage is equipped for 8 people. It cannot be used for a party or an event of any kind. Guests must be over 25 unless they are part of a family.
· 400 sq ft with 30 windows and spectacular views!
· 58" TV with 250 watt Klipsch sound bar system
· Sony Blue Ray with lots of Chick Flicks and other movies
· Gas fireplace
· Comfy seating for 7 - with other light chairs that can be moved there.
Dining Area - Totaling Seating for 13 Inside
· Dining room open to the kitchen
· Dining room table accommodates 8
· Kitchen island accommodates 5
· 40" TV with sound bar system
· Gas fireplace - Turn on with a remote control!!
· Fully equipped with microwave, oven, mixer on stand, and crock pot
· GAS cook-top
· Coffee Bar - fully equipped with coffee and two pots (Regular 14-cup and a Keurig), so we can accommodate a crowd of coffee lovers. We provide flavored syrups and creamers for our guests plus to-go coffee cups.
· Condiments, spices, and pantry items can be used by guests
· Ample plates for dining
· One set of towels per person with extra bath towels available in linen closet
· Washer and dryer available for you to use
. Enjoy 4 Acres with a pond and woods !
· The Canton Cottage is nestled in the heart of beautiful east Texas farm country. There is a horse ranch next door and a cattle ranch at the back of the property.
· Relax on the covered back porch that looks out onto the new pond and forest.
· Cardinals, Blue Jays, and Mourning Doves dine daily at our bird feeder.
· Outdoor Amenities:
o Covered back porch
o Seating for 12
o Gas grill
o Smoker (Gas)
o Perimeter lighting
o Off-Street Parking
All bedrooms are equipped with two nightstands, alarm clocks, ceiling fans, reading lamps, vanities and seating
1. Bedroom 1 - Floor 1 – King with private bath
2. Bedroom 2 - Floor 1 – Queen next to hall bath
3. Bedroom 3 - Floor 2 – Two Queens with private bath
Three Full Bathrooms
1. Bathroom 1 - First floor - in king suite
2. Bathroom 2 - First floor - next to queen room
3. Bathroom 3 - Second floor – in upstairs queens bedroom
All bathrooms are stocked with toilet paper and bath soaps. Kitchen has paper towels and towels.