Honua Kai | Big 1st Floor Lawn~1 Minute to Pools Beach & Dining! Quiet & Private(34 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Gorgeous ground floor Condo is the biggest of the 2/2s with private lawn/garden.
~May 6-16, book 10 nights for $4,490 and receive FREE parking plus free use of my 2 stand up paddle boards. (Value $300 + tax)!
~May 22-25, $349/nite + FREE paddleboards!
KONEA 142 - GROUND FLOOR NORTH SIDE - VERY CLOSE TO EVERYTHING BUT FARTHEST FROM THE CONSTRUCTION!
Honua Kai was recently rated the #3 resort in the entire state of Hawaii by readers of Conde Nast Traveler!
Aloha & Welcome to KONEA 142 at Honua Kai Luxury Resort & Spa.
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! This private oasis is located on the BOTTOM FLOOR of the quiet NORTH side of Konea - the Northern of the 2 condominium towers - far away from the construction on the Westin property SOUTH of the Hokulani tower. You can't be farther from the construction and you won't see or hear it! There simply isn't a better location in the resort.
*When you inquire, I'll email a resort map so you know where you'll be at Honua Kai* Compare my unit to others.
Please click on the video icon in the pictures for a VIDEO TOUR of my condominium home and the resort.
JUST ADDED: 1) 65 inch 4k UHD Samsung TV. 2) Playstation 4 with games. 3) Upgraded FAST WIFI - new wireless router. 4) Netflix service on my account on all TVs. 5) Upgraded memory foam mattress for the sleeper couch. 6) A very comfortable padded lounge chair for sunbathing on our own private lawn!
Enjoy the wide open spacious feeling with 11 foot vaulted ceilings ~ only on the ground floor ~ and 1,230 square feet of interior living space, with 2 master suites and an open living and dining room and kitchen floor plan. Oversized custom glass doors open the entire wall to a large lanai with outdoor dining and lounging furniture, bordering your own private lawn area – you get 420 MORE square feet of furnished outdoor living! From there it is a short one minute walk down a beautifully manicured grassy walkway to the 3 pools, beach, gas BBQ area with Viking grills, and Duke's Restaurant and Bar. I have installed a KEYED lock on the lanai door for secure access.
Surrounded by beautiful tropical vegetation, the back yard is the most private at Honua Kai due to the exceptional landscaping, and our unique location on the Northern border of the resort with a fence hidden by a hedge providing ultimate privacy. Quickest access to the beach, pools, Viking gas BBQs, and Duke's Restaurant. You may also choose to walk out the front door of our condo which is situated right by the door to the interior courtyard. Either way, you reach all of the stunning outdoor attractions of this gorgeous resort faster than almost everyone else staying here - they have to take the elevator! You'll only use the elevator to get to the underground parking garage. Our GROUND FLOOR location is so convenient for hanging out at the pools or beach to pop into your own condominium to use the bathroom, freshen your drinks, have a snack, or grab some of the provided snorkeling equipment, boogie boards, or beach chairs! Right around the corner in our building is the GYM for an invigorating workout with weights and cardio, and the adjacent SPA offers treatments for indulgent pampering. You deserve it!
Honua Kai is the newest and most exciting resort in West Maui, with the luxury Konea tower completed in 2011. It offers all the conveniences of home and all the amenities of a luxury hotel resort and spa. It is beautifully landscaped with lush tropical gardens and swaying palms. Enjoy all the features of the 3 naturally landscaped pools, 4 hot tubs, numerous Viking gas BBQs, restaurant and coffee barista / deli, and the world famous Ka’anapali North Beach just steps beyond. There is a reef right in front of the resort, great for snorkeling with the turtles and you can enjoy walks down the boardwalk, past Black Rock with its world famous cliff jumping and snorkeling, down to Whaler’s village with all its wonderful shops and restaurants. Tommy Bahama!
Come experience my Aloha and pride of ownership! You don't have to pay extra for a management company's cut - that means you get a better experience and more value for your money. I go out of my way to earn your loyalty. :) It is my hope and goal that this will become your Maui home for many years to come!
Ask about renting my 2 Xterra Stand Up Paddleboards for $150 for both or $100 for one - for your entire stay AND future visits.
WHY choose my Ground Floor Unit Konea 142 at Honua Kai:
- Ultimate ground floor convenience with the front and back doors located one minute away from the pools, beach, BBQ area, gym, spa, Duke's Restaurant, and elevator to parking garage. Back lanai door has a keyed lock!
- Extra high 11 foot ceilings (ONLY ON THE GROUND FLOOR), spacious lanai with dining/lounging furniture and your own private lawn.
- Lanai “glass wall” door expands living area, the ENTIRE WALL opens wide for seamless indoor/outdoor living.
- Peek view of the Pacific ocean from the lanai/garden - which itself is 420 square feet.
- Most private and quiet location within resort with tropical landscaping around your lawn.
- luxurious high thread count sheets!
- What you see here is what you get! (vs. hotel/Intrawest booking gives no choices on the exact unit to stay in) These pictures are of my unit.
- You'll be personally greeted with Aloha by my on island concierge.
WHAT my unit offers:
• Fully equipped kitchen with state-of-the-art Bosch appliances and granite slab counter tops.
• Rare garbage disposal installed - you won't find one in other Honua Kai condos.
• Spacious bathrooms with separate tubs, glass door showers and double granite slab vanities.
• A king size bed in each bedroom suite (one of which can be split into 2 twins).
• A queen sleeper sofa in the living room.
• Flat screen HD TV’s in every room - EACH has a DVD/CD/Blueray player and lots of movies for all ages. Streaming movie services provided.
• FAST Wi-Fi/Internet access, cable, and telephone with free long distance to US and Canada.
• Beach towels and additional linens & towels.
• Rates that are 20% TO 30% OFF INTRAWEST MANAGEMENT RATES and all the SERVICE you'll need for a great getaway, with all these included pluses you DON'T get from INTRAWEST:
• 4-6 Quality Boogie Boards.
• Several sets of Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, and fins).
• 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs.
• Tommy Bahama beach umbrella.
• Portable rechargeable bluetooth wireless stereo speaker system for indoors or to take with you.
• Plenty of good quality cooking and serving utensils including BBQ tools and coolers.
• FAMILY FRIENDLY - Pack & Play portable crib, portable high chair / booster, kid's dishes & sippy cups.
• HUGE 65" 4K Samsung TV with movies and PS3!
ABOUT Honua Kai:
- Honua Kai is the newest luxurious beachfront 'condo-tel' in West Maui (completed in 2011).
- Honua Kai rated the #3 resort in the ENTIRE STATE of Hawaii by readers of Conde Nast Traveler!
- Honua Kai resort and spa has received AAA's coveted and rare 4 Diamond award.
- On-site restaurants, poolside food & drink service, valet & bell service, concierge, beach activities desk, 24-hour fitness center, full service spa, 10 poolside Viking gas BBQ grills just steps from our unit, etc.
- 3 themed pools in the massive aquatic playground! Intimate/quiet/adult pool, a larger infinity edge pool and, a massive central pool with 120 foot water slide, 2 waterfall grottos, a shallow sandy bottom area for kids.
- 4 hot tubs.
- Snorkeling and swimming with turtles and tropical fish, over the stunning reef right in front of the resort.
- The boardwalk along the beach leads to Black Rock and Whaler’s Village with its wonderful shopping and restaurants.
- Located on world famous Kaanapali Beach, ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world.
- Enjoy whale watching and amazing sunsets from the resort, as well as views of neighboring islands Lanai and Molokai to the West and the West Maui Mountains to the East.
No Daily Resort Fees, pay for parking only:
• $15 daily Parking fee (self park or valet). $20 housekeeping charge for extra linens for groups larger than 4. No "hidden" fees.
Walk across the street to a shopping center including:
- Times supermarket (open till 2 am).
- The 'Best Coffee in Maui' cafe. Serves good Shave Ice too!
- Pizza Paradiso (+ serves gelato, kebabs, etc.).
- Subway Sandwiches.
- Video/DVD rental store (no membership needed).
- Soup Nutz's (superb fresh soups) & Java Jazz Bar & Grille with Live Music.
- ABC Convenience Store.
- Nachos Grande mexican restaurant.
- Slappy Cakes (Fun! Cook your own custom pancakes on a griddle at your table).
My availability calendar is always up to date and I always respond promptly to my guests!
There are many choices at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. It is CRUCIAL for you to know EXACTLY what you are PAYING FOR, to ensure that you are happy with the accommodation you reserve. Be absolutely SURE you have A SPECIFIC CONDO NUMBER shown on a resort MAP to ensure the outcome of your reservation decision. Be certain that you receive photos of THE EXACT condo you are booking. ACCEPT NO LESS!! THESE PHOTOS ARE OF MY CONDO. My condo has the most convenient ground floor location on the quiet and private North side of the resort and offers the best VALUE and best OVERALL EXPERIENCE available at Honua Kai. When you inquire I will email you some resort map images to orient you within the resort itself and you'll see what I mean when you compare my location to other condos.
Please note: I am not always able to accept bookings even when dates appear available. It depends on the gap days it creates. Please understand - I need VERY high occupancy to break even. email@example.com
~ Exciting News! ~
* You may ignore the minimum stay if your stay fills a calendar gap*
If you check in the day another group leaves AND check out the day another group arrives you get will fill a gap and get the BONUS - fill any entire calendar gap and get FREE use of my 2 inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
The whole resort is a kid's paradise. Our kids don't want to leave the aquatic playground and they entertain themselves playing games all over the grounds day and night. I've added a pack n' play portable crib, a Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, kids dishes and silverware, sippy cups, boogie boards, and cute hooded beach towels for the kiddos....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Luxurious 750 count sheets! 37 inch LG flat screen TV in each bedroom, master closet with in suite safe, dresser, and 2 nightstands with lamps. Each of the 3 TVs in the condo has its own BlueRay / DVD Player and I have a collection of DVD movies for all ages, including the first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- After you book your stay, I will provide recommendations for my favorite Maui activities and dining, along with local tips for places to visit and things to do. From high school through law school, I bussed and waited tables and developed an appreciation for great food and service. My wife and I splurge on dining when we visit Maui as a couple. When we bring our 4 kids with us we are looking for great dining and activity values. I'll give you all our favorite options. Since I've visited Maui about twenty times now, I know it well and I've sought to provide my guests with the best Maui experience possible. I want you to rave to your friends and family about the "Best. Vacation. Ever." I will earn your five star reviews, your return visits, and your referrals! Aloha!...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
(2) A Sony clock radio stereo speaker dock for smartphones and iPods. A SHARKK® Bluetooth 4.0 BoomBox NFC Speaker, 10 Watt Portable Speaker System, 2500 mAh Li-ion Battery, Ultra Bass, portable....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
You can't see the sand from our ground floor condominium, but it is a one minute walk away from both the front door and back doors. We see a peek of the ocean looking looking West from our lanai....moreless
Our 2 bedroom 2 bath condo is at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa, which lies on 40 acres of pristine shoreline on Maui's famed Kaanapali Beach, consistently ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world....moreless
- Mountain View:
Near The Ocean:
We provide snorkeling gear and there is a reef right in front of our resort, walk from our unit and wade right in! There are tropical fish and you may see turtles! We also provide boogie boards....moreless
- Ocean View:
One minute walk from our ground floor condominium to the Pacific Ocean. Our condo comes stocked with quality boogie boards, snorkeling equipment, Tommy Bahama beach chairs and umbrella, coolers, towels....moreless
Honua Kai is the best and most luxurious resort in West Maui. Honua Kai has received the coveted Four Diamond rating from AAA. Only 5.3% of 29,000 hotels approved by AAA make the Four Diamond list....moreless
A peek of Pacific Ocean is visible from our lanai. Honua Kai also offers a huge aquatic playground consisting of 3 huge themed pools and several hot tubs, with beaches, waterside, waterfalls, etc....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
2 additional wooden folding chairs are provided so you can add those to the 4 original dining chairs indoors and seat up to 6 indoors + 6 on the outdoor lanai. Fisher price portable high chair....moreless
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
Fitness Room / Equipment:
Full gym with treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, free weights, nautilus type machines. 2 Xterra Stand Up Paddleboards available for rent $150/entire stay and I provide all the gear for them....moreless
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
Plenty of underground parking keeps your car cool. Self-Parking or Valet Parking is $15/day. As of July 2015 parking fees must be collected by me. Elevator to the garage is right by our condo....moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
New coffee maker with an insulated carafe that keeps coffee hot for hours without 'cooking' it with a heating element. Bean grinder. I provide an 8 ounce bag of delicious Maui Blend coffee beans....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
Contemporary, with granite slab counter and undermounted sink, stainless steel Bosch appliances, everything a gourmet chef could want to prepare and serve delicious meals. New garbage disposal 10/15....moreless
Maui offers world class golf on many amazing courses such as Kapalua, Kaanapali, Wailea, and McKenna. Kaanapali golf is 1.4 miles away. I will never forget my eagle at #18 at Kapalua Plantation....moreless
Kayak / Canoe:
I offer 2 Stand Up Paddleboards for rent. $100 for one for the length of your stay and future visits, $150 for both! You'd pay as much for a single day renting from another vendor. Ask for details....moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
Lawn / Garden:
You've got your own lawn/garden just outside your spacious lanai! We are on the quiet and mostly shady side of the resort - although plenty of natural light comes in all day long (see pictures)....moreless
Several outdoor grills areas with Viking gas grills are available at Honua Kai, and the closest one is less than a minute walk from your lanai at Konea 142. Take a glass of wine with you to grill!...moreless
- Water Sports Gear:
Pool / Spa
(3) Themed ocean front pools including: 1) A quiet/adult theme pool (lazy river); 2) A larger infinity edge pool; 3) A huge central pool great for kids with sand beaches, waterfalls, + huge waterside....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Prime Whale Season 2017
Feb 19 - Mar 17, 2017
5 night min stay
Spring Break 2017
Mar 18 - Apr 15, 2017
5 night min stay
Apr 16 - May 16, 2017
3 night min stay
3 night gap special
May 22 - May 24, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 19 - Aug 19, 2017
5 night min stay
End of summer 2017
Aug 20 - Aug 31, 2017
4 night min stay
September 17 early book deal!
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2017
1 night min stay
Fall value early bird 2017
Oct 1 - Nov 14, 2017
5 night min stay
Thanksgiving season 2017
Nov 15 - Nov 25, 2017
7 night min stay
Early Winter 2017
Nov 26 - Dec 15, 2017
5 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 6, 2018
7 night min stay
January rate 2018
Jan 8 - Jan 26, 2018
7 night min stay
Early February 2018
Jan 27 - Feb 14, 2018
7 night min stay
Mid Winter Whale Season 2018
Feb 15 - Mar 1, 2018
7 night min stay
Winter / Spring Break 2018
Mar 2 - Mar 31, 2018
7 night min stay
Early April 2018
Apr 1 - Apr 15, 2018
7 night min stay
Spring Value Season 2018
Apr 16 - Jun 8, 2018
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- credit crd processing $75 + tax
- Cleaning (tax included) $245
- $1,000 damage waiver $50 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.416%
INSTANT BOOKINGS MUST FILL A CALENDAR GAP OR BE SPECIFICALLY APPROVED BY OWNER OR THEY WILL BE CANCELLED. Ownership costs are EXTREMELY high at this resort so owner can't approve stays that leave significant unbooked nights (e.g. I can't have just 1-4 open nights before your check in, but 5+ open nights are ok). “Back to back” reservations - welcomed! (Sometimes required to fill calendar gaps).
GET 4.16% + TAT 9.25% = Tax 13.416%. HAWAII TAX ID NO. TA 003-658-9568-01.
$20 for sofa bed linens + tax.
Parking is $15 per day + tax payable to owner. Parking fees are added to my HOA dues so I must pass them on to all guests. I can't itemize the parking total in the automated quote, so I will email a separate invoice for parking.
Rates are very seasonal and if your dates are well into the future and no rates are yet listed, please contact me for an itemized quote for your dates.
Credit card fee rebated for debit/echeck payment.
Non US credit cards - extra $75 International convenience fee to be invoiced after booking.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Booking payments made are not refundable. Please understand that since I own one unit this is very different from owning a hotel so please do not book if you don't know you can come. I encourage trip-cancellation insurance. www.insuremytrip.com.
Ask about renting our two inflatable xterra Stand Up Paddleboards including life vests, paddles, backpacks, and electric pump for $150 + tax for your entire stay and return visits so long as they last.
Boogie boards, snorkeling gear, beach towels, Tommy Bahama beach chairs and umbrella, and coolers are always provided FREE. I'm an extra miler host and want to extend extra ALOHA to my valued guests!
I'm a preferred affiliate of Hawaiian Airlines which means you can get a 5% discount on flights by using this link: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/affiliate?affcode=TREVORALT
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Honua Kai Resort and Spa features an enormous 'aquatic playground' - an elaborate pool, multiple hot tub, pond and stream network with small secluded areas and protected paths that lead to the beach. Three separate pool areas, each offering a distinctly different experience. Hokulani's infinity-edged Formal Pool features terraced lounge seating facing the pool and ocean, and a large hot tub on each side. In front of Konea, the River Pool is a haven of peace and privacy, with two quiet zones and aqua lounges where you can put your chair in the water and relax. The middle pool is the family or 'Ohana' Pool, a very active, playful area with a water slide, waterfall, and a special area with a sandy beach for small children and parents. Several BBQ areas with Viking gas grills and 4 hot tubs are located thoughout the grounds.
2) Our unit is completely outfitted with beach towels, 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs and beach umbrella, 4 quality Boogie Boards, 4 sets of snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, and fins), Sony combination music MP3 player dock/alarm clock, portable Bluetooth rechargeable stereo speaker system, cooler, barbecue utensils, in room washer and dryer (Bosch), in room safe, 3 DVD players (we have DVDs for all ages), 3 Flat screen TVs, pack n' play portable crib, Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, etc. I've added a keyed lock to the back door so you can leave securely from either the front or back doors. I've also added a garbage disposal in the sink which is a rare amenity.
3) Other amenities include: onsite ocean view dining and poolside food and drink service (Duke's Restaurant and Bar), onsite market (Aina Gourmet Market), onsite spa (on our floor), onsite gym (also on our floor), sandy beach, snorkeling, and whale watching.
4) If you can tear yourself away from the Honua Kai Resort itself (big 'IF'), Whaler's Village is a very nice shopping and dining experience about two miles South, and it is a great place to park to enjoy snorkeling and cliff jumping at Black Rock. There is validated parking and limited public beach access free parking, or it's a nice 30 minute walk on the ocean front boardwalk.
5) Lahaina's Front Street is 7 miles away and offers tons of shops, art galleries, restaurants, and is the site of Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice, our second favorite local dessert after the Hula Pie at Duke's (onsite at Honua Kai). We also love the Pacific O and Fleetwood's restaurants in Lahaina.
6) Another favorite Maui activity is downhill biking on the Haleakala dormant volcano. There are several companies that offer this and they are based in Paia and Haiku. When in Paia, enjoy some delicious pizza at Paia Flatbread Company, or have a bucket list meal at Mama's Fish House nearby (has been rated the #1 restaurant in the world). Paia is also the windsurfing and kiteboarding capital of the world and close by is Jaws (Pe'ahi), the world's most famous big wave tow-in surfing spot. If you are on Maui when the surf gets huge at Jaws, you can watch surfers challenge 50 foot waves which helicopters film them. If you have a telephoto camera you may be showing your friends pictures of waves literally 8 times taller than the surfers riding them. These are just a few of Maui's offerings. I'll also offer recommendations for dining and activities when you book your stay.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: My name is Trevor Alt and I am a 48 year old father of a 15 year old daughter, Rachel. In April of 2013, on Kaanapali Beach by Honua Kai I married Toddi, the woman of my dreams and enlarged my family to 6 with her and my 3 stepsons that are 13, 14, and 16. I practiced law in California for 10 years and still hold an inactive membership to the California Bar, but I have been a career firefighter for the Reno Fire Department for 13 years. I am a fitness and health nut and I exercise religiously. The better to drag you out of a burning building with, my dear. I enjoy cycling, water and snow skiing, boating, wakeboarding, golf, and have completed an xterrra sprint triatholon and a half marathon. When I was a young attorney, I starting saving as much as I could and since then I have invested carefully with the goal of living in Hawaii someday. Purchasing this property at incredible Honua Kai is a step toward achieving that goal. When I move to Maui full time I hope to learn to kiteboard and also hope to revive my long dormant golf game. In the meantime, I will continue my success as a vacation rental owner and manager by exceeding my guests' expectations and delivering a superb luxury vacation experience every time! See my guest reviews here and for my Incline Village North Lake Tahoe vacation home (VRBO #367619). I normally respond to all inquiries in less than an hour. If I don't immediately respond to your inquiry (within a few hours), there may be a delay in VRBO's messaging system. Either that or I am making an aggressive interior attack on a structure fire. ;) You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. HAWAII TAX ID NO. W 65613524-01
Why the Owner Chose Kaanapali, HI, USA:
I've been visiting West Maui all my life and the Honua Kai Resort & Spa is the most luxurious resort ever built here. My family became hooked on the convenience of the ground floor when we traveled here to get married in April 2013 so when this ideal property became available I pounced! We love Duke's Restaurant and the aquatic playground - our kids never want to leave the resort. I love the grand luxury of the Honua Kai Resort and Spa - I feel like a KING when I come here! I chose this ground floor unit on the North side of the Konea tower at the Honua Kai resort because it is quiet and peaceful here. We don't look across a courtyard into someone else's unit (like the inner courtyard units) and we aren't next to an unfinished resort (like the South facing units in the Hokulani tower). I believe that my combination of ground floor convenience, HUGE living area, and location in the resort offers the best experience and the best value available at Honua Kai, which is the best resort in West Maui. I always try to get a lot for my money and I know my guests want value too - here it is my friends! Maui voted best place to visit in U.S 22 years in a row! Maui was named the best place to visit in the U.S. according to U.S. News & World Report rankings released Tuesday June 24, 2014. 'Maui is not nearly as large as the Big Island, nor is it as small as Lanai, as bustling as Oahu or as quiet as Kauai,' the news release said. 'For many Hawaii vacationers, Maui is just right - offering a taste of just about everything the Aloha State has to offer, from impressive wildlife to intriguing history and culture. While on a visit here, you can shimmy alongside professional hula dancers, golf along coastal fairways, snorkel alongside five different types of sea turtles or simply lounge along some of Hawaii's most notable beaches.' October 21, 2015 - Maui again tops Conde Nast's list of Best Islands in the U.S and the top destination in the world as voted by travelers.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
My favorite aspect of our second home at Honua Kai is the amazing ground floor convenience! I've installed a keyed lock for the Nana doors for secure back door access. Everything is so close and easy to get to from our condo. From the moment I first walked into Honua Kai I was floored by the uncompromising commitment to quality and attention to detail. We love the huge aquatic playground and the beach and ocean, and I could eat all my meals at Duke's! Ono grinds! My favorite feature of the condominium itself is the custom glass Nana doors that allow you to open the entire wall and seamlessly integrate the tropical outdoors into our vacation home. I also love the vaulted ceilings that you only get on the ground floor. A new beach-side boardwalk accommodates walkers and joggers for miles of spectacular ocean views and the nearby Islands of Lanai and Molokai. It's a mile and a half walk South from Honua Kai to Black Rock, under two miles from Honua Kai to Whaler's Village. At Honua Kai you are on the world famous Ka'anapali Beach but well away from the crowds that you'll sometimes find in the more densely populated area South of Black Rock. Our unit is great for 2 couples since each gets a bedroom suite with its own bathroom with large living area between. Our unit is also wonderful for families or other groups up to 6 (such as my family) since the second bedroom can be made up with 2 twins and the sleeper couch is queen size. I've also made the unit very 'kid friendly'. I've got a pack n' play portable crib, a Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, sippy cups, and 3 DVD/Blueray players I have about 35 kids DVD's and about 30 'regular' movies for grownups to enjoy on one of the three DVD players. I'm excited about my purchase of 2 Xterra inflatable Stand Up Paddleboards, which are available to my guests for their entire stay for $100 for 1, $150 for both. Honua Kai was rated the #3 resort in the entire state of Hawaii by Conde Nast traveler.
- Primary: (775) 815-5140 Cellphone for calls and texts 24/7 all year long!
Links to more information:
Big private lanai + 1230 sq. foot condo + 430 sq. ft yard = ton of living space!
Custom glass doors open the entire wall from the interior to the lanai and yard.
Spacious living and dining areas transition seamlessly to lush resort outside.
Completed in 2011, Konea 142 offers all the comforts of home + resort amenities.
Laundry room with Bosch washer and dryer comes off the kitchen. Convenience!
Luxurious master bath with separate room for toilet, separate bathtub and shower
Second bedroom king bed can be separated and made up as 2 twin beds on request.
Konea lobby opens to fire pit, courtyard, pools, ocean, etc. Gym and spa on left
These pools, BBQs, hot tubs, restaurant and beach ~ 1 minute walk from our condo.
Looking back at Honua Kai over the infinity pool at twilight. Awesome sunsets!
I provide snorkeling gear, boogie boards, beach chairs, towels, umbrella & more!
Drawing of our condo layout and prime location on the bottom floor - Konea 142.
1 minute walk on grassy path to pools, BBQs, restaurant, beach, ocean. Lockable!
Enjoy views from a peek of Ocean to the Mountains. It's quiet and private here.
11 foot vaulted ceilings only on the ground floor. A very 'big' spacious feel.
Full kitchen with Bosch appliances and granite slab counters. Gourmet meals!
Master bedroom with king bed, flat screen TV/DVD, and Nana door access to lanai.
Granite slabs, seamless glass shower door, his & hers sinks. Ultimate luxury!
Guest bath accessed from bedroom and kitchen. 2 more sinks + sep bath & shower.
The incredible grounds are just outside your door - a minute walk to the beach!
The huge middle pool has sandy beaches, waterfalls, and a 120 foot water slide.
Honua Kai is on world famous Kaanapali Beach. Snorkel with turtles! See whales!
Look for the white arrow on left to locate our bottom floor condo. Convenient!
Duke's is onsite with great food, drinks & live music right by the ocean & pool.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.