About the property
- Condo1230 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 12 nights
2 Bedroom + Convertible bed, 2 baths. Private lawn/garden. Sleeps 4-6.
I am Trevor Alt and this is KONEA 142, the KING of the GROUND FLOOR 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo-tel homes at the Honua Kai Resort & Spa!
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! This private oasis is located on the GROUND FLOOR of the private NORTH side of Honua Kai - you don't face other units. In fact KONEA 142 is the ONLY northwest facing ground floor 2 bedroom 2 bath condominium home on the north side of the Konea building - this is the most quiet and private part of Honua Kai but it still has the easiest access to all resort amenities.
VIDEO TOUR: See my pictures for a video tour of my unit and the nearby pools. After the video was made my living room TV was upgraded to a 65 inch 4k Samsung with Netflix and Amazon 2 services included + a Playstation 4 with games!
My cancellation policy is incorrectly stated by VRBO as no refund (I was forced to check a box and none of the boxes "fit"). Even if you need to cancel on short notice, I'll attempt to re-rent to save you money.
1) 65 inch 4k UHD Samsung Smart TV (not shown in pictures).
2) Playstation 4 with games.
3) Upgraded fast and free WIFI - new AC wireless router. April 2018 brings an upgrade to 300 meg. fiber optic internet service!
4) Netflix and Amazon prime services for streaming movies on my account or yours on all 3 TVs.
5) Upgraded memory foam mattress for the sleeper couch makes it very comfortable.
6) A comfortable padded lounge chair for sunbathing on your own private lawn while keeping an eye on your kiddos!
7) Luxurious adjustable shower heads.
8) Secure access to the unit from either the front or back door.
Enjoy the wide open spacious feeling with 11 foot vaulted ceilings ~ only on the GROUND FLOOR ~ and 1,230 square feet of interior living space. You get 2 master suites and an open living and dining room and kitchen floor plan. Nano Glass doors OPEN THE ENTIRE WALL to a HUGE lanai with outdoor dining and lounging furniture, bordering your own private lawn area. You get 420 MORE SQUARE FEET of furnished outdoor living! From here it is a short one minute walk down a grassy walkway to the 3 pools, beach, barbeque area with gas Viking grills, and Duke's Restaurant and Bar. I have installed a KEYED lock on the lanai door for secure access.
Surrounded by beautiful tropical landscaping, our back yard is the most private at Honua Kai due our unique location on the Northern border of the resort with a fence hidden by a hedge providing ultimate privacy. You may also choose to walk out the front door of our condo which is situated right by the door to the interior courtyard. From either entrance, you reach all of the stunning outdoor attractions of this gorgeous resort MUCH FASTER than everyone staying on the upper floors at Honua Kai - they have to wait for the elevator! You'll only use the elevator to get to the underground parking garage (faster than anyone else).
Our GROUND FLOOR location is so convenient for hanging out at the pools or beach to pop into your own condominium to use the bathroom, freshen your drinks, have a snack, or grab some of the provided snorkeling equipment, boogie boards, or beach chairs! Our guests prefer the PRIVACY of our "exterior" northwest facing lanai over the condos across the hall from us - their lanais face the interior courtyard which has foot traffic and gives other condos across the courtyard a view into their units.
Right around the corner in our building is Whaler's General Store, the GYM for an invigorating workout with weights and cardio, and the adjacent SPA offers treatments. You deserve it!
Honua Kai is the best and most exciting resort in West Maui, with our luxury Konea tower completed in 2010. Enjoy all the conveniences of a luxurious home and all the amenities of a world class resort and spa. Enjoy 3 naturally landscaped pools, 5 hot tubs, 12 Viking gas BBQs, Duke's restaurant and 2 coffee barista / delis / convenience stores, and the world famous Ka’anapali North Beach just steps beyond. There is a reef right in front of the resort, great for snorkeling with the turtles. Enjoy walks down the boardwalk, past Black Rock with its world famous cliff jumping and snorkeling, down to Whaler’s Village with all its wonderful shops and restaurants. Tommy Bahama, Lululemon, and more!
Come experience my Aloha and pride of ownership! No management company could ever care as much about the quality of your vacation experience as much as I do. I am the owner and I go out of my way to add value so you will return and refer your friends.
-What you see here is what you get! (vs. hotel/Intrawest booking gives no choices on the exact unit to stay in) These pictures are of my unit.
WHAT my unit offers:
• Fully equipped kitchen with Bosch appliances and granite slab counter tops.
• Rare garbage disposal installed - you won't find one in other condos here.
• Spacious bathrooms with separate tubs, glass door showers and double granite slab vanities.
• A king size bed in each bedroom suite (one of which can be split into 2 twins).
• A queen sleeper sofa with upgraded memory foam mattress in the living room.
• Flat screen HD TV’s in every room - EACH has a DVD/CD/Blueray player and lots of DVDs for all ages. Streaming movie services also provided free.
• Free WIFI - state of the art fiber optic service with new router for the fastest WIFI and best signal strength.
• Free cable and telephone with free long distance to US and Canada.
• Beach towels for every guest and additional linens & bath towels provided.
• Rates that are 20% TO 30% OFF INTRAWEST MANAGEMENT RATES and all the SERVICE you'll need for a great getaway, with all these included pluses you DON'T get from INTRAWEST:
• 4 Quality Boogie Boards.
• Several sets of Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, and fins).
• 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs.
• Tommy Bahama beach umbrella.
• Alexa Echo - voice activated music, news, weather reports & more.
• Portable rechargeable bluetooth wireless stereo speaker system for indoors or to take with you.
• Plenty of good quality cooking and serving utensils including BBQ tools and coolers.
• FAMILY FRIENDLY - Pack & Play portable crib, 2 bed bumpers, portable high chair / booster, kid's dishes & sippy cups.
ABOUT Honua Kai:
- Honua Kai is the newest luxurious beachfront 'condo-tel' in West Maui (completed in 2010).
- Honua Kai was rated the #3 resort in the ENTIRE STATE of Hawaii by readers of Conde Nast Traveler!
- Honua Kai resort and spa has received AAA's coveted and rare 4 Diamond award.
- On-site restaurants, poolside food & drink service, valet & bell service, concierge, beach activities desk, 24-hour fitness center, full service spa, 12 poolside Viking gas BBQ grills just steps from our unit (grilled food reaches our ground floor unit still HOT since you walk right to our condo instead of waiting for an available elevator to take you up).
- 3 themed pool areas in the massive aquatic playground! Intimate/quiet/adult lazy river pools, a massive infinity edge pool and, a massive central pool with 120 foot water slide, 2 waterfall grottos, and shallow sandy area for kids.
- 5 hot tubs.
- Snorkeling and swimming with turtles and tropical fish, over the reef right in front of the resort.
- The boardwalk along the beach leads to Black Rock and Whaler’s Village with its wonderful shopping and restaurants. My wife loves her morning runs on this oceanside path.
- Located on world famous Kaanapali Beach, ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world.
- Enjoy whale watching and amazing sunsets from the resort, as well as views of neighboring islands Lanai and Molokai to the West and the West Maui Mountains to the East.
No "hidden" fees.
Walk across the street to a shopping center including:
- Times supermarket (open till 2 am).
- 'Best Coffee in Maui' cafe. Serves Shave Ice too!
- Pizza Paradiso (+ serves gelato, kebabs, etc.).
- Subway Sandwiches.
- Soup Nutz (superb fresh soups) & Java Jazz Bar & Grille with Live Music.
- Nachos Grande mexican restaurant.
- Slappy Cakes (Fun! Cook your own custom pancakes on a griddle at your table).
My availability calendar is always up to date and I always respond promptly to my guests!
There are many choices at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. It is CRUCIAL for you to know EXACTLY what unit you are PAYING FOR, to ensure that you are happy with the accommodation you reserve. Be absolutely sure you have A SPECIFIC CONDO NUMBER shown on a RESORT MAP (as seen in my pictures) to ensure the outcome of your reservation decision. Be certain that you see photos of THE EXACT condo you are booking. ACCEPT NO LESS!! THESE PHOTOS ARE OF MY CONDO - KONEA 142. My condo has the most convenient ground floor location on the private North side of the Konea building and offers the best VALUE and best OVERALL EXPERIENCE available at Honua Kai.
2018 CONSTRUCTION: Luana Development Partners will be building 72 low-rise luxury townhomes in the empty grass field on the east side of Honua Kai (non-ocean side). Construction commenced in February 2018 when a fence was built around the site. My ground floor condo Konea 142 faces northwest, away from the construction site and there is a high rise building with dozens of feet of steel and concrete between my unit and the 2 story buildings that will be constructed. Please see my photo of conceptual Luana project with marked location of my condo, and the next picture from my yard.
Note: I am not always able to accept bookings even when dates appear available. It depends on the gap days it creates. Back-to-back reservations are welcomed.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: (a) More than 90 days prior to arrival: full refund minus 1 night rent cancellation fee. (b) 90 days or less before arrival: if re-rented, refund equal to re-rental amount minus 1 night rent cancellation fee. 120 days for Christmas / New Year’s holiday period reservations. Cleaning, parking, and Damage Waiver fees are always refundable.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
About Trevor Alt
My name is Trevor Alt and I am a 49 year old married father of 4 teenagers. I practiced law in California for 10 years but I have been a career firefighter for the Reno Fire Department for 14 years. I am a fitness and health nut and I exercise religiously. The better to drag you out of a burning building with, my dear. I enjoy cycling, weightlifting, and water and snow skiing, and have completed an xterrra sprint triatholon and a half marathon. When I was a young attorney, I starting saving as much as I could and since then I have invested carefully but aggressively with the goal of living in Hawaii someday. Purchasing this property at incredible Honua Kai is a big step toward achieving that goal. When I move to Maui full time I hope to learn to kiteboard and also hope to revive my long dormant golf swing. In the meantime, I will continue my success as a vacation rental owner and manager by exceeding my guests' expectations and delivering a superb luxury vacation experience every time! See my guest reviews here and for my Incline Village North Lake Tahoe vacation home (VRBO #367619). HAWAII TAX IDs GE-003-658-9568-01 & TA-003-658-9568-01.
Trevor Alt purchased this Condo in 2014
Why Trevor Alt chose Kaanapali
I've been visiting West Maui all my life and the Honua Kai Resort & Spa is the most luxurious resort ever built here. My family became hooked on the convenience of the ground floor when we traveled here to get married in April 2013 so when this ideal property became available I pounced! We love Duke's Restaurant and the HUGE aquatic playground with its 3 themed pool complexes - our kids never want to leave the resort. I love the grand luxury of the Honua Kai Resort and Spa - I feel like a KING when I come here! I chose this GROUND FLOOR unit on the North side of the Konea tower at the Honua Kai resort because it is quiet and peaceful here yet it's the most convenient to all resort amenities. We don't look across a courtyard into someone else's unit (like the inner courtyard units). I believe that my combination of ground floor convenience, HUGE indoor and outdoor living area, and private location in the resort offers the best experience and the best value available at Honua Kai, which is the best resort in West Maui. I always try to get a lot for my money and I know my guests want value too - here it is! Maui voted best place to visit in U.S 22 years in a row! Maui was named the best place to visit in the U.S. according to U.S. News & World Report rankings. 'Maui is not nearly as large as the Big Island, nor is it as small as Lanai, as bustling as Oahu or as quiet as Kauai,' the news release said. 'For many Hawaii vacationers, Maui is just right - offering a taste of just about everything the Aloha State has to offer, from impressive wildlife to intriguing history and culture. While on a visit here, you can shimmy alongside professional hula dancers, golf along coastal fairways, snorkel alongside five different types of sea turtles or simply lounge along some of Hawaii's most notable beaches.' Maui again tops Conde Nast's list of Best Islands in the U.S and the top destination in the world as voted by travelers.
What makes this Condo unique
My favorite aspect of our second home at Honua Kai is the amazing ground floor convenience! I've installed a keyed lock for the back doors for secure back door access. Everything is so close and easy to get to from our condo. I could eat all my meals at Duke's, but it's great that our back door is a ONE MINUTE walk to the Viking BBQs, so unlike upper floor units who need the elevator, our food arrives hot at our dining table. Ono grinds! My favorite features of the condominium itself is the custom glass Nana doors that allow you to open the entire wall and seamlessly integrate the tropical outdoors into our vacation home. I also love the vaulted ceilings that you only get on the ground floor. A beach-side boardwalk accommodates walkers and joggers for miles of spectacular ocean views. The sun sets between the nearby islands of Lanai and Molokai. It's a mile and a half walk south from Honua Kai to Black Rock, under two miles from Honua Kai to Whaler's Village. At Honua Kai you are on the world famous Ka'anapali Beach but well away from the crowds that you'll sometimes find in the more densely populated area south of Black Rock. Our unit is great for 2 couples since each gets a bedroom suite with its own bathroom with a large living area between. Our unit is also wonderful for families or other groups up to 6 (such as my family) since the second bedroom can be made up with 2 twins and the sleeper couch is queen size. I've upgraded the sleeper couch mattress to a two layer mattress with a firm layer of foam under a layer of memory foam. For his birthday our son Colby asked for and now has the same mattress for his bed at our home in Nevada. I've made the unit very 'kid friendly' with a pack n' play portable crib, 2 bed bumpers, a Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, sippy cups, Playstation 4, and 3 DVD/Blueray players. I have about 35 kids DVD's and about 30 'regular' movies for grownups to enjoy on one of the three DVD players
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great location in this amazing resort! Wonderful well stocked luxury condo with responsive owner!
This was one of the best vacation experiences we've ever had. We loved the ground floor location on the exterior of the Konea building. We enjoyed the privacy and the extra space and yard and especially liked the short walk from the lanai to the barbeque area by the pool. It is obvious that the owner has put a lot of thought into what his guests might like to find in the condo. There is a large closet full of boogie boards, snorkeling gear of various sizes, beach chairs, coolers, and beach toys. The internet and wifi were very fast and we streamed movies on the huge high definition TV in the living room and in our bedroom. The resort is very well maintained and the grounds and pools were wonderful. The recommendations and "local knowledge" provided for activities and restaurants were also spot on. We had a wonderful time and plan to return!
This is a great condo- very spacious, clean, well- supplied, owner very attentive to guest’s needs. Worked very well for family of five.
Spectacular place to enjoy a Maui vacation.
Very well appointed unit. Great location with everything you want to enjoy the island. The resort is beautiful and relaxing. The condo has everything you need. We've stayed many places on Maui and this made it to the top of the list. You won't be disappointed!
Great location, really well equipped
Trevor was very welcoming in his place. He made sure everything was in top notch shape. We loved being on the first floor so close to the pools. Most surpriseing was how well he had quipped the condo. Tons of snorkel gear, sand toys, coolers, boogie boards. I’ve stayed in a number of beach VRBOs at this point and this was the best for having what you need to go have fun.
Mahalo for the kind review. I take great pride in providing an outstanding Maui experience for my guests. That includes sharing the local knowledge of myself and my on island representative Michelle and stocking the unit will everything you need to enjoy Maui to the fullest.
Great location and unit. Perfect for a family.
Everything you need!
When I first walked into Konea 142 I was impressed by the height of the ceilings and my eyes were immediately drawn to the beautiful art on the wall of the Hawaiian Islands.
This unit is clean and has EVERYTHING you could need! Lots of extra paper towel, toilet paper, laundry and dishwasher detergent. Lots of extras too, some basic spices and seasoning. We had no issues with the washer and dryer at all, kept loads small and allowed for a little extra drying time.
I loved the layout for traveling with two couples and kids, you essentially both get a master suite. We didn't use the lanai as much as I thought we would, but it was nice and quite on that side of the building.
The Konea tower was, in my opinion, the better of the two. The courtyard is beautiful and sunny and a great place to sit if theres a little breeze at the beach and the store has almost anything you could need.
The caretaker Michelle was great and the owner Trevor was attentive and available and provided lots of great tips and information.
We had a fantastic vacation and by the end of the stay Konea 142 felt like home!
Mahalo for the kind review. We also enjoy the open feeling of space that the vaulted ceilings provide only on the ground floor of the resort. Our unit Konea 142 is the ONLY two bedroom 2 bath ground floor unit on the northwest side of the Konea tower, which is the most private part of the resort. The lanai is actually larger on the ground floor than the other lanais above us in the 42 "stack" of Konea (see floor map in pictures), and we have extra outdoor space since you only get a yard on the ground floor.
As a 4 diamond, 5 star top end resort on an island, Honua Kai is relatively expensive and that reasonably creates high expectations that I seek to exceed. My goal is to provide extra value by overstocking the unit with everything I can fit that I believe a discerning guest might want. I endeavor to provide an outstanding experience and my on island representative Michelle and I always appreciate the opportunity to add value by providing outstanding customer service. Aloha! Trevor
1) The Honua Kai Resort and Spa features an enormous 'aquatic playground' - an elaborate 3 pool, 5 hot tub, pond and stream network with small secluded areas and protected paths that lead to the beach. Three separate massive pool areas, each offering a distinctly different experience. Hokulani's infinity-edged Formal Pool features terraced lounge seating facing the pool and ocean, and a large hot tub on each side. In front of Konea, the Lazy River Pool is a haven of peace and privacy, with two quiet zones and aqua lounges where you can put your chair in the water and relax. The middle pool is the family or 'Ohana' Pool, a very active, playful area with a water slide, waterfalls, and a special area with a sandy beach for small children and parents. Several BBQ areas with Viking gas grills and 5 hot tubs are located thoughout the grounds. 2) Our unit is completely outfitted with beach towels, Tommy Bahama beach chairs and beach umbrella, quality Boogie Boards, sets of snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, and fins), Sony combination music MP3 player dock/alarm clock, portable Bluetooth rechargeable stereo speaker system, cooler, barbecue utensils, in room washer and dryer (Bosch), in room safe, 3 DVD players (we have DVDs for all ages), 3 Flat screen TVs (65 inch Samsung 4K with Playstion 4 with games in living room), pack n' play portable crib, Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, etc. I've added a keyed lock to the back door so you can leave securely from either the front or back doors. I've also added a garbage disposal in the sink which is a rare amenity. 3) Other amenities include: onsite ocean view dining and poolside food and drink service (Duke's Restaurant and Bar), onsite markets (Whaler's General Store on our floor and Aina Gourmet Market in the Hokulani building), onsite spa (on our floor), onsite gym (also on our floor), sandy beach, snorkeling, and whale watching. 4) If you can tear yourself away from the Honua Kai Resort itself (big 'IF'), Whaler's Village is a very nice shopping and dining experience about two miles South, and it is a great place to park to enjoy snorkeling and cliff jumping at Black Rock. There is validated parking and limited public beach access free parking, or it's a nice 30 minute walk on the ocean front boardwalk. I recommend Honolulu Cookie Company to get validation and the most delicious shortbread cookies you've ever tasted. 5) Lahaina's Front Street is 7 miles away and offers tons of shops, art galleries, restaurants, and is the site of Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice, our second favorite local dessert after the Hula Pie at Duke's (onsite at Honua Kai). We also love the Pacific 'O and Fleetwood's restaurants in Lahaina. 6) Another favorite Maui activity is downhill biking on the Haleakala dormant volcano. There are several companies that offer this and they are based in Paia and Haiku. When in Paia, enjoy some delicious pizza at Paia Flatbread Company, or have a bucket list meal at Mama's Fish House nearby (has been rated the #1 restaurant in the world). Paia is also the windsurfing and kiteboarding capital of the world and close by is Jaws (Pe'ahi), the world's most famous big wave tow-in surfing spot. If you are on Maui when the surf gets huge at Jaws, you can watch surfers challenge 50 foot waves which helicopters film them. If you have a telephoto camera you may be showing your friends pictures of waves literally 8 times taller than the surfers riding them. These are just a few of Maui's offerings. I'll also offer recommendations for dining and activities when you book your stay.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
CANCELLATION POLICY: (a) More than 90 days before arrival: full refund minus 1 night rent cancellation fee. (b) 90 days or less before arrival: if re-rented, refund equal to re-rental amount minus 1 night rent cancellation fee. Fees are always refundable. 120 days for Christmas / New Year's holiday period reservations. The cancellation policy is not "no refund" but the options for this listing forced me to check that box. The policy must be strict but if you must cancel after the deadline, I will attempt to re-rent the property and that money will be refunded to you less 1 night rent. Discounts may be available for stays of 7+ nights or gap fills. If your dates are flexible you can adjust your dates online to 7+ nights or to "fill the gap" to see if the average nightly rate drops. At this resort the costs of ownership are exorbitant so “Back to back” reservations are welcomed! (Sometimes required to fill calendar gaps). Owner can't approve stays that leave significant unbooked nights (e.g. I normally can't have just 2-4 open nights before your check in because most travelers are crossing the ocean so it is hard to fill 2-4 night vacancies, but I can approve a stay that creates a 5+ night vacancy because I can normally book 5+ nights). INSTANT BOOKINGS MUST FILL A CALENDAR GAP OR AT LEAST ONLY CREATE 1 GAP, OR MAY BE CANCELLED. Current Resort Parking Fees: $15/day + tax. Resort fees subject to change prior to your stay. Boogie boards, snorkeling gear, beach towels, Tommy Bahama beach chairs and umbrella, pack n' play, fast WIFI, coolers, long distance to US and Canada are always provided FREE. I'm an "extra miler" host who wants my guests to make lasting great memories. Non US credit cards - extra $75 International card fee to be invoiced after booking. VRBO/Homeaway SERVICE FEE The service fee is paid by the guest and it goes entirely to VRBO/Homeaway. Owner does not have the ability to discount or waive the service fee.