Single separate house with a ground floor, an attic and big garden for 5 guests
- english, german, russian, croatian, yugoslaw, slovenian, un poco Italiano
We are Nataša and Sašo - a couple of landscape architects who have found sanctuary in the valley of the Iški vintgar gorge, under the reign of Nature. We have lived in the forest for the last 24 years, exploring the world whenever the opportunity arose. We are vegetarians and great cooks. Sašo prefers Ayurveda cuisine, whereas Nataša loves to bake bread and pastry using the organic spelt grown in her fields. We love all animals and Karel the cat is a part of our family.
Natasha purchased this Chalet in 2016
Why Natasha chose Ig
Since we have now managed to create a guesthouse in the second house on the large clearing, we invite you to explore our world. The garden can function as a place to socialize over food and games. It can also provide the space needed for meditation, seclusion and rest.
What makes this Chalet unique
The house gets regular visits from deer, and occasionally, even a fox, a marten or a chamois come to see us. The bear that lives in the woods is kind and only shows himself to our neighbours. The forest house with the garden is a part of a scattered ecological farm. We work on the fields, the meadow and the orchard, which are a heritage of Bela Krajina region, with pleasure and pride. You may join us at harvest and cook with organic spelt, potatoes, corn. A special benefit is our organic vegetable garden at the clearing.
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Only outside in the garden.
Child bed on demand.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
ideal location - absolutely perfect in every respect!!!
Central and yet wild romantic located, highly practical and well equipped cosy house where you will get a warm and well organized welcome! Outstanding communication and a lovely balance of care and discretion through the pleasant owners is provided. You will find the perfect place to discover the treasures of Slovenia!!!
Nils, Monika and Fidel
It was an absolutely sterling week!! Natasha and Sasho were so very nice and welcoming!! We loved staying in the area next to the Iska river and doing day trips from there. It was all wonderful beyond words..
Yes, thank you for the suggestion.
The location is perfect for day trips in the surroundings or all over little Slovenia. The top 10 day trips are
1. canyoning at river Iška gorge,
2. hiking at mountain Krim 1107 m high,
3. paddling at Ljubljanica river to Ljubljana city center,
4. cycling at Ljubljana Marsh with swimming at Jezero lake,
5. riding horses in the woods and meadows,
6. exploring Nature park (with a cave) Škocjanske jame,
7. visiting cave Križna jama and Bloke - the home skiing,
8. visiting castle Bistra with aTechnical museum,
9. visiting Piran and the coast,
10. Ljubljana the green capital of Europe in 2016 .
It is worth to stay at chalet Iskaretreat at least 2 weeks :)
Small, cousy house in beautifull environment
The house was small with good comfort. The garden (swing, hammoc) was great.
The highlights were the hiking oppurtunities directly from the house.
Idylle abseits des Massentourismus
Wir haben zwei wunderschöne Wochen in diesem liebevoll gestalteten Häuschen im Wald verbracht. Und es sieht in echt wirklich so toll wie auf den Bildern aus. Wer Natur und Abgeschiedenheit mag, ist hier genau richtig. In der Umgebung ist von Tourismus selbst im August nichts zu spüren. Die Gastgeber helfen durch ihre freundliche und hilfsbereite Art sich wohlzufühlen.
Das Haus und der Garten sind toll und Nataša und Saša sind super Gastgeber! Wir haben die Zeit in ihrem wunderbaren Garten genossen, die Kinder haben gespielt, geschaukelt, Eidechsen und Kröten beobachtet und der Fluss und die Schlucht sind einfach toll! Ljubljana ist nah und wirklich einen Besuch wert und wir haben von dort auch weitere Ausflüge unternommen. Es war eine tolle Woche! Danke an Nataša und Saša!!
- through the gorge,
- the ascent to the summit of Mount Krim 1107 m,
- a hike along the E6 walkway to the Adriatic Sea etc.
- in the river Ižica from Ig to Ljubljana City Center Three Bridges
- in the river Bistra and Ljubljanica
- in the river pools in river Iška 3 minutes away
- in the emerald lake Jezero etc. 17 km away
- freeride at Ljubljana Marsh Nature Park
- downhill from Krim 1107 m
- to the emerald lake Jezero 30 min. trip
- Krvavec 51 km away