When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Coming to San Jose for one night, one week or an entire month? Stay with us!
One large bedroom with full size bed, fully equipped kitchen, living, dining room 32 inch TV with international cable. Free WI-FI, washer and dryer.
Maid service, sheets, towels, amenities (shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion) provided.
Very quiet. Close to restaurants, main Universities (Universidad de Costa Rica, Cenfotec, Fidélitas, Universidad Latina).
We are a family business, with a brand new building of 6 stunning apartments.
At Cedar Cats, we are focused on providing accomodation services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction – we will do everything we can to meet your expectations. With high quality rooms at a convenient location, we’re sure you’ll be happy staying with us.
transportation from airport
we can stock fridge for you
info on what to do around.
We are a married couple of an engineer and psychologist and we found interesting to get involved on a business for travelers, where our guests will have access to a pretty private, contemporary place, at an affordable price.
Maribel Piedra purchased this apartment in 2014
My husband, 11 month baby and I stayed at Cedar Cats for about a month while we were visiting our families in Costa Rica. The place was as good as we had expected it and the price was just about right. Both owners and the cleaning staff were super friendly and always addressed our questions and/or concerns immediately, which was very appreciated.
Both my husband and I agreed that the place is perfect for alone travelers and couples that will be out all day, but as we look back, it was probably not the best decision for us as we were traveling with an infant that still needed several naps a day and has very light sleep. Here are some of the reasons why:
- The apartments are located next to a daycare that starts operations around 7 am in the morning and closes around 6 pm at night. That means you can expect to hear kids playing and screaming all day.
- The apartments are also located next to a house that has several dogs. You can expect to hear the dogs barking any time during the day, but they were particularly loud at night. We had several nights were the dogs would wake us up at 2-3 am in the morning and would keep us up for about an hour. This is not the apartment owners fault but something you should know.
- Ventilation was an issue for us. The apartments have big glass doors that you can open to ventilate the place, but these doors lead to a small patio that is right next to the day care. As we needed to put our baby to nap, due to the daycare noise we had to close the door, which caused the place to become extremely hot and quite unpleasant.
- Ants! We had to deal with ants invading our bed, floors and food pretty much throughout the whole stay. The owners provided us with a spray to get rid of them in the short term but they would always come back. We are pretty sure this was due to the baby making messes while she was eating. We always did our part of cleaning the floors after each meal but the ants would always find a way to find the spot that we missed and invade the apartment again.
We would totally give this place 5 stars if it was only my husband and I the ones traveling, but given the few challenges that we experienced with the baby, we are only giving it 4. We totally recommend this place for short stays and for people that will be out all day and/or do not mind the new issues mentioned above. Bed and furniture were very comfortable and the apartments are well equipped to address basic needs.
We want to facilitate your trip to San José ! Here some important information for your arrival:
Cedar Cats is a building with 6 apartments. Because we do not have a front desk, we need to know your arrival time in order to give you the keys.
Please let us know the following information:
1) Itinerary (airline, arrival time, flight number)
2) Will you drive a rental car or will you take a taxi?
3) Where will you be arriving from (If you will be arriving from the airport or from any other place in Costa Rica).
We offer a taxi service from the airport to the apartments. The cost is $ 37.00 and we need your arrival details 3 days in advance in order to confirm the booking. Our driver, will wait for you outside the airport with a sign with your name on it.
Other transportation options are:
• Arriving at the airport, you can take a taxi from the company Taxis Unidos (orange cars parked outside the airport). The service is safe and reliable. The cost is $45 and you pay the service directly to the driver.
We can book this service in advance and the driver will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it.
Rent a car:
• If you decide to rent a car, this is our address:
We are located in San Pedro, From Universidad Fidelitas 100 meters East and 400 meters North, next to Cecudi.
Another reference is 25 meters East from Cenfotec
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
-All guests must be registered on the day of arrival through a check in process.
-All payments must be cancelled upon arrival.
-Check in time is at 2:00 PM.
-Check out time is at 12:00 PM.
-Keep the main door lock closed at all times as well as your apartment one.
-There will be a $60 charge for losing the apartment keys.
-Use the safe deposit box for storing your valuables.
-Parties and loud noises are not allowed.
-Visitors after 10 PM are not allowed.
-Maximum occupancy is two people. It is not allowed to have people in the apartment who have not been included in the original reservation.
-Pets are not allowed.
-Smoking is not allowed in any area of the building.
-The apartment has laminate flooring; therefore please wipe right away any liquid that is dropped.
-Each guest is responsible to check the inventory detailed on the next page and report any malfunction or missing item.
-The guest will be charged for any lost item of the inventory or damages done to the apartments at the moment of check out.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.