This 3 Bed, 1 Bath apartment is part of a renovated historic 1910 duplex. Located in Weinland Park, 2 blocks from High St. and the Short North, it is a short walk to many popular bars and restaurants nearby. Uber rides are about $5-10 to downtown. Private parking available in back.
If you have an especially large group, please check out our other listings nearby. Comfy 3 Bed Duplex (VRBO#72586) is the rental on the other side of this apartment and Urban I (VRBO#898672) and Urban II (VRBO#1027567) are located next door. In addition, we have more listings around the Short North- please inquire directly.
1.3 mi - Columbus Convention Center
2 mi - OSU stadium
2.3 mi - Schottenstein Center
2.5 mi - Crew Stadium/Expo Center/Fair grounds
3 mi radius - all areas of interest in Downtown
The first floor level has an open kitchen and living area complete with WIFI & cable TV and plenty of seating. Next to the first floor living/kitchen space is the 3rd bedroom with twin bed and seating area. The 3rd bedroom has also the front entrance to the apartment. For groups utilizing the 3rd bedroom, you can utilize the backdoor as the main entrance to the apartment to give the 3rd bedroom more privacy.
The second floor are two bedrooms and the bathroom. Each bedroom has a comfortable queen bed and plenty of closet and drawer space. The bedrooms are relatively large and can easily fit a pack-n-play. Plenty of towels, washcloths, a hair dryer, and shampoo/conditioner/body wash provided in bathroom.
There is WIFI (5GHZ) throughout the apartment and central A/C. Backyard is fenced and is shared with the duplex apartment next door (also on Airbnb). There is outdoor seating, a charcoal grill, and a fire pit. Firewood and charcoal is available for purchase at the Kroger grocery store nearby.
In Summary, sleeps up to 8 guests:
• Total: 2 queen beds, 1 twin bed, 1 full-size futon, 1 queen air bed
- 2 large bedrooms, each w/ queen bed (2nd floor)
- 1 'walk-in' bedroom with Twin bed (1st floor) it has the front door entrance to the outside of apartment, also has a door to the living area
- 1 Full-size futon (1st floor living room)
- 1 Queen air mattress, linens provided
• Open kitchen and living room area
• 1 renovated bathroom w/ bathtub/shower
• WIFI (5GHZ) and cable TV
• Central A/C
• Mid-size refrigerator/freezer, blender, toaster oven, microwave, & electric stove/oven, cooking/eating utensils
• Washer/dryer in basement (unfinished space)
• Fenced-in backyard w/fire pit and covered front porch with seating area. Backyard is shared with other side of duplex.
• 2 off-street parking spots and street parking available on Summit St. (See Getting Around section below for parking details).
Please note there is exterior video surveillance- registered, paying overnight guests only.
ADDITIONAL GUEST FEES
Please note we have additional guest fees. The purpose for this is so we can offer the apartment at cost effective prices to both small and large groups (for example, an apartment may be able to sleep 10+ guests but we lower the rate so 2-4 guests can rent it as well). The additional guest fee rate is per person per night and the amount fluctuates during our high and low seasons. Please see the quote breakdown when entering the number of guests and dates for your trip. Please let us know if you have any questions!
We allow pet dogs for a $35 additional fee per dog and must notify the host PRIOR to your stay.
Breeds NOT allowed:
Akita, Chow, American Staffordshire Terrier, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Doberman Pinscher, Wolf Hybrids, Presa Canarios, or a mix of any of these breeds, and/or any dog with a bite history are not permitted at this residence.
Sorry, no cats or other animals allowed.
You will have access to the entire apartment, shared fence-in backyard, and rear parking area (see Getting Around section below for parking details)
Hours of Access:
Check-in is 3 p.m.
Checkout is 11 a.m.
***Early check-in and/or late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• Housekeeping service is per stay, not per night. Additional cleaning visits can be arranged for longer stays if needed. Visits must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if visits are cancelled. Please inquire when booking.
• Pack n Play, high chair, and/or Queen air bed available upon request- please let us know your needs prior so we can prepare all the necessary items.
• Please be courteous to neighbors- Noise must be keep to a minimum after 10 p.m. This is one of two units with a shared wall.
• There is no handicap access. There are two steps to enter the front of the house.
• Guests with allergies and related medical issues and/or sensitivities- cleanliness is one of our top priorities, however we cannot 100% guarantee that the apartment is free of pet dander, cigarette smoke, air fresheners/cleaning product scents, or any other elements that may trigger a medical problem or sensitivity. Please note we cannot issue refunds due to the reasons above.
• Stairs to second floor are ever so slightly steep.
• Street Sweeping on Summit St. is done the second Thursday and Friday of every month. Signs are posted on the street with the day of the month. Do not park there or you will be towed!
• Please note during your reservation planning: There is only ONE bathroom and it is located on the second floor. This apartment can sleeps over 6 guests- we have hosted larger groups several times, usually for shorter periods of time, and this was not an issue for them. However, for some groups, this is not convienent. We suggest renting one of our nearby VRBO listings to spread the number of guests out or by staying in one of our listings that has more than one bathroom.
The Short North Arts District is one of the Midwest’s best kept secrets. There is a huge variety of unique shops, bars and restaurants, and art galleries along High Street and a number of annual events that take place year-round. We have a thorough list of recommendations in the house to local bakeries, cafes, and restaurants.
The Short North is made up of several historic neighborhoods; this home is located in Weinland Park, a cool, urban area on the East side of High St above 5th Ave.
Is the neighborhood safe?
We live nearby and feel the neighborhood is relatively safe. Please note this is the city- we do have petty crime in the Short North and University area, and always advise not leaving valuables in your car (we have not had any issues at our apartments, I state this because we are in the city) and walk with a buddy at night on well-lit, busy roads such as High Street, Summit, and 5th Ave.
Within walking distance of the following:
• Restaurants- The Table, Condados, Fox in the Snow, Basil
• Bars & breweries- Seventh & Son, North High Brewing, Brother Drakes
• Grocery stores- Kroger & Giant Eagle Market Fresh (Third Ave, Grandview)
• Fitness gyms- Cross Fit, Short North Fitness, Thank Yoga
Just miles from the following:
• Columbus Convention Center- 1.3 mi
• Goodale Park- 1.4 mi
• Ohio State University Stadium- 2 mi
• Schottenstein Center- 2.3 mi
• Ohio Expo Center/ Fairgrounds/Maphre Crew Stadium- 1.5 mi
• Downtown- all areas of interest are within 3 mile radius!
• Easton Town Center- 10.8 mi
• Columbus Zoo/Zoombezi Bay- 20 mi
We are super close to High Street (two blocks East). You can easily walk to dozens of restaurants and shopping. All other locations can be easily reached a number of ways:
Taxis --- Uber -- COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) bus --- CoGo (Rental Bikes) --- Car 2 Go (Car Rentals) --- CBUS circulator
About the CBUS circulator- It's FREE transportation from the Short North through downtown, all the way to German Village. Bus stops are at many points along High Street. The closest stop is just a few blocks South from the apartment on 3rd Ave.
This apartment has 2 off-street parking spots. It is accessible by alleyway off of Summit St. or 5th Ave. Directions will be given upon reservation.
There is also permit-free street parking available on both sides of Summit St. in front of the house. It’s usually easy to find a spot. It can get a little busy during the evenings but you can still find parking close by. Our guests have had no issues with parking.
WARNING: Street Sweeping on Summit St. is done the second Thursday and Friday of every month. Signs are posted on the street with the day of the month. Do not park there or you will be towed!
Please never leave valuables in your vehicle at any time. We are not liable for the loss/theft/damage of personal belongings and/or vehicles.
• Check-in is 3 p.m. Early check-in is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
• Checkout is 11 a.m. Late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
• No parties, strictly enforced. You will be asked to leave, no refunds.
• All guests must be paying registered guests. No additional guests allowed without prior written consent of the homeowner.
• Any evidence or smell of cigarette, marijuana, etc. will be AUTOMATIC loss of deposit. No burning of anything in the apartment to include candles, incense, etc.
• No confetti or glitter inside. Cleaning glitter makes people go crazy. Cleanup is additional $25 fee.
• Damaged/stained towel fee- $10/per towel. Please note that foundation makeup does not come off the white towels.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
• Lock all apartment doors and windows upon leaving.
• If you move large furniture, please move it back where you found it upon departure.
100% of the security deposit will be refunded if no damages occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within five to seven business days. The homeowner can also manually refund it sooner upon request.