Ask us about Ski discounts for Mt Peter!
WHY BOOK? Because we truly care about making your stay special, memorable and relaxing. You're booking both a home and a host who is there for you.
THE WHAT: Our 7,000 sqft historic farmhouse is perfect for everyone: getaways, reunions, corporate retreats, and small weddings (#LBGTQ-friendly). Loads of space, privacy, and peacefulness.
WHERE: We are 39 miles to NYC (under 1 hr), near the Woodbury Commons, West Point, and Harriman State Park.
A good host makes everything easy for their guest. This includes making it easy to find all the information the guest needs to make their stay perfect and memorable. Please let us know how we can make our home work for you.
1. General Welcome
2. About the home
3. Bedroom information
4. The grounds
5. Perks for parents
6. Why kids love it
7. Perks for retreats
8. Pet policy
9. Pool and fountain info
10. Guest policy
11. Arrival and departure
12. Add on’s
13. Events and weddings
1. WELCOME TO OUR HOME! It brings us great joy to share our home with you.
Orchard Hill Estate is a unique 7,000 sq ft HISTORIC ESTATE built in 1859. The home is a gem with BREATHTAKING VIEWS of OPEN SKIES and sounds of nature. Set on over 5.5 ACRES, our historic farmhouse is less than an hour from Manhattan. Close enough to be convenient but far enough to gaze countless stars in the darkened night sky. It offers lots of privacy inside and out. By the way, did we mention that we are PET-FRIENDLY?
There is plenty of space, allowing you to relax in style with your friends and family for the holidays or a getaway. Events and small weddings are allowed with prior approval (see section on events). Our home is perfect for events of all types and we welcome all people. #LGBTQ-Friendly.
2. ABOUT THE HOME: Inside our farmhouse mansion, you will enjoy old and new. The home features an intimate living room with original hand carved moldings and wide-board floors, a formal dining room with plenty of seating as well as a large entertainment room perfect for a small wedding/party with an attached sunroom, and wrap-around decks. Our living room also has a BABY GRAND PIANO, which is almost as old as the house itself. Feel free to relax, and play some music.
You will also find three FIREPLACES including a Vermont Soap Stone WOOD BURNING STOVE and an additional PELLET STOVE in winter for ambiance and extra warmth. These are great places to sit with friends and get cozy with a bottle of wine.
Our farmhouse has FOUR BALCONIES and two ENCLOSED PORCHES. These are great for enjoying your early morning coffee while watching the sunrise or for an evening cup of tea while watching the sunsets. Our two covered decks still afford you to do this even in the wintertime.
For those who like to COOK, our home is the perfect place for you to dine with all of our friends. Our home is FULLY STOCKED with cookware, utensils, linens, towels, our personal spices & condiments for your use, though you are certainly welcome to bring you own. Do you love to have BBQ's? We also have two propane GRILLS. You will enjoy BBQing at the pool, it is one of our favorite things to do in the summer. If you like to BBQ in the winter, do not fear! Our grills are portable and you can move them closer to the house.
3: BEDROOMS: Our 3-story home can SLEEP up to 25 adults. There are seven very comfortable bedrooms with plush beds and unique sleep enhancing toppers and five full bathrooms, while our sunroom coverts to an eighth private sleeping space. Our first-floor bedroom, which has a WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE bathroom, is perfect for older relatives who may not be able to climb one of our four staircases leading to the bedrooms on the second and third floors. Guests love our third-floor bedrooms.
4. THE GROUNDS: Our POOL is located in the back of the house next to the pool house and is very private. Here, you will also find our YEAR ROUND HOT TUB. Next to the pool area, we have a small ORCHARD of apple, pear, cherry, and walnut trees. When in season, we invite you to feast on whatever your hearts desire. Simply walk over to the apple orchard and help yourself. At the far rear of the backyard, is our FIRE PIT. The seating was built with repurposed wood from our barn (yes, this wood is from the 1800's).
The front of the house also has a lot to offer. You will enjoy walking down the steps of the front of the house to sit at our STONE FOUNTAIN. The blue stone steps are a theme throughout the property. Who knows where they will take you.
5. PERKS FOR PARENTS: Our home is perfect for a large family, family reunions, or a trip with the grandparents. Our family room opens up into a small patio area, which is also connected to the front entrance, in case anyone has a hard time with steps! The kitchen, dining room, living room and our two covered decks are also wheel-chair accessible so no one has to feel left out.
Another great feature is that our house is so large, but there is plenty of privacy for parents. Our dormitory style bedroom is the perfect room for siblings and cousins or friends. We have six other more private bedrooms for parents who would like some space from the children. Our entertainment room can be set up for arts and crafts or games, just let us know and we would be happy to accommodate you and your family no matter what your needs are.
6. WHY KIDS LOVE IT: Our large property has several spaces for playing soccer, volleyball or just running around. Inside our home, we have plenty of toys and books for kids of all ages. All children & babies are welcome. For children under 2, sorry, we do not have cribs, playpens, baby gates, & other baby proofing items.
During the summer time, the kids will love splashing in the pool. Feel free to use any of our pool floats or toys or if you are feeling adventurous, have a water gun or water balloon fight!There are also plenty of kid-friendly attractions in the surrounding area. Make sure to ask us what’s in the nearby areas.
Although children of all ages are welcome, parents should know that we are not infant proof. Therefore, care should be taken with children of such a young age. However, if there is anything we can do to make your stay more memorable, please do not hesitate to ask us.
7. PERKS FOR RETREATS: We love hosting corporate other retreats. Our entertainment room can be set up to tailor your needs so please let us know what you need. The home has HI-SPEED INTERNET HUBS that extend to the grounds. The TV in the living room can be set up to accommodate presentations. Several areas in the home are great for breakout sessions. Please let us know if you are interested in personal chefs or catering services. We would be happy to provide you with recommendations.
8. PETS: Pets are considered on a case-by-case basis and are subject to a pet fee ($100 per pet). Pets must be pre-approved by the host.
9. POOL AND FOUNTAIN: The pool and fountain are open seasonally. Usually, we open the pool around Memorial Day and close it shortly after Labor Day. The pool may be open earlier or later depending on the season. The fountain is closed during the winter months. Please understand that the climate in NY is out of our control.
10. GUEST POLICY: No one but booked guests are allowed on the property without prior approval. Day guests are subject to a fee of $45/person with prior approval. We must have a contact number for you in case of an emergency. All names of guests (first and last) must be provided. Changes to guest fees are subject to the same terms of the entire reservation cancellation policy. Sneaking in unapproved, unpaid for guests will result in immediate removal from the property and a complete loss of your security deposit.
11. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE: Check in is at 4PM and check-out is at 11AM. The early check-in fee is $300 and allows you to check in at 2PM. Late check-out is also subject to a fee of $300 (for 1PM check out) or 50% of the nightly rate (6PM checkout). Changes to arrival and departure times must be made before arrival. Alterations to check in and check out are not available during the summer season.
12. ADD ON’s:
Personal chef services
13. EVENTS AND WEDDINGS: If there are more people then booked for overnight guests, this will be considered an event. You may hold events (e.g., weddings, bachelorette parties etc.) at the house for an additional event fee and prior approval. Please note that holding an event at the house is subject to different pricing and rules/regulations. Weddings are not allowed during high season.
If you are looking for a low-cost budget-friendly home to host your wedding or event, we may not be the right place for you. We offer an event/wedding package that estimated to cost about 12 to 20k for a 3-night stay. THIS IS JUST FOR YOUR ACCOMMODATIONS and includes guest fees for extra guests! Please make sure that is in your budget before contacting us. The maximum allowed on the property is 75 people.
• As Super Hosts, we strive to make sure that your stay will be extra special. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help make your stay memorable and if there are any special needs.
• There are 4 fire extinguishers in the house, a first aid kit on the first floor and a buoy at the pool.
• This is a home in the country!! The house is amid wildlife etc. Unlike living in the city, if you leave the door or windows open, bugs will come inside. Please make sure to shut the doors and use the screen protectors.
• For your safety, the outside premises and grounds are under 24-hour video surveillance
• This is our actual home, and not a hotel or investment property. We do our best to make sure you are comfortable.