Find your peaceful place at our quiet lake home! Big Swan is a 694-acre lake that is lightly developed and has a hard, sandy bottom making it great for wading & swimming. It's known for great fishing year-round, especially walleyes, and has low lake traffic. The deck gives you a relaxing place to enjoy your morning coffee, and our tree-lined lot gives you privacy with space for lawn games and campfires with a panoramic, sunset view of the lake. Within walking distance are scenic woodlands and marshes (State Wildlife Mgmt lands) that are home to all kinds of wildlife.
Our main level welcomes plenty of natural light into the spacious open-concept great room, with a large patio door access to the deck. You can do your grilling just out the back door (charcoal or gas grills) and the campfire pit is just steps away. There are 2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs, as well. The attached garage/game room is easily accessed from the living room, with full size ping pong and air hockey tables, lawn games, tables and chairs. It is temperature controlled with options for AC in summer and heat in winter.
There is a DVD collection to browse with flat-screens on both the main level and the basement (or RedBox locations nearby). The common room in the basement welcomes kids, teens and adults alike to have "sleepover fun" on 3 bunk beds and a futon couch. The other two bedrooms, a full bathroom, and utility room are just down the hall.
Please note: parking at our property is limited; the driveway will hold 4-5 vehicles, depending on size. There is no overnight street parking allowed (road has no shoulders). * The Public Lake Access is located on the north end of the lake and has a concrete ramp, parking and a sandy/beachy area.
** There is a dock at the home but currently no boat lift. Please bring an anchor for any watercraft you bring to anchor near shore overnight.
* The Garden Tea Nook in Dassel has homemade scones & soups with an impressive selection of teas
* Cokato has Bait & Hook restaurant (with rave-worthy seafood, only open weekends - make reservations!) and the Grounds on the Green coffee shop
* We're 6.5 miles from Millner Heritage Winery, which offers trolley tours & special events in summer months
* 12 miles to Son of a Butcher bar & grill that has a great lunch buffet on Fridays
* 16 miles to Powder Ridge Ski Area, with downhill skiing & snowboarding + great tubing!
* Nearby Litchfield has the Starlite Drive-In Movie Theater (where you can get 2 movies for the price of 1!), a Wal-Mart Supercenter, Peter's on Lake Ripley and a great salad bar, or Heroes at the VFW for a Sunday brunch and fun martini selection
• Darwin is "next door" and hosts the World's Largest Twine Ball made by one man (and a museum) for some quick and quirky family fun!
* Hutchinson is 25 min away and offers several coffee shops (Dunn Bros, Caribou and Starbucks), plus multiple restaurant and shopping options, including Menards - WalMart - Target - BestBuy - ALDI - Applebees and Wild Wings, and hometown favorite: Zellas!
* It's 32 miles to the St Cloud mall (plus all kinds of restaurants and activities) or 50 miles to the west Mpls suburbs - and just 67 miles to the Mall of America!