Great Location, Designer 1-Bed Apt. 2 Min to U1 Free Airport Pickup !!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Vienna apartment description
Located in a gated late 18th century building, perfectly adapted near Dr. Reumann Platz, a quite tree lined side street with a perfect infrastructure, just a few steps away. The feeling of living in this multi culturel part of town, which is one of the oldest and largest of Vienna with all the charming labyrinth streets filled with shops, restaurants and cafes, is unique. This spaciously designed apartment is on the second floor (with elevator) 68m² (680 sq.f.) with 11ft ceilings, original doors and floors from the turn of the century. We have decorated it with all our heart and included some fine designer furniture along with modern amenities for your comfort. This apartment won't just be the place you stay while visiting Vienna, but an experience in itself, a part of your Vienna memories, something to write home about. The entrance way with generous and practical shoe and coat storage. Fully equipped chef's kitchen with Toaster, Microwave, Dishwasher, Coffee machine. Complemantary breakfast Coffee provided. Most basic spices are available.
The master bedroom has an American King size bed, with large overhead fan great storage place for garderobe and luggage. Bed linens are High Quality Egyptian Cotton. Very comfortable furnished living/dining room (with a convertible couch for 2). The entertainment center in the living room includes a 37” HDTV with international TV channels and more than 50 radio stations, as well as a bookshelf with leaflets and books about Vienna. An unlimited WiFi ultra-fast Internet connection is also available in all rooms. Lights in Living room and Bedroom can be dimmed. The Apartment is decorated with many original paintings and Black&White Photographies from my travels.
Bathroom with a traditional large tub and shower.100% Cotton Towels, Hair Dryer and Hand Soap are provided. Toilet is separate. Experience Vienna! This is certainly the finest apartment available in Vienna for short-term rentals.
Location - Location - Location within 5 minute walk
The apartment location is perfectly tied in to the public transport system.
U1 Subway - takes you directly to the center of the city within minutes. St Stephen's cathedral is only a 6 minute subway ride away, Opera House 5 Minutes.
24 hour Taxi Service
All majour routes on Trolly and Buses
Public Parking FREE of charge in front of apartment
Catholic Church with daily morning and evening masses
A2 Highway 1.8 miles
Hop on and off the subway and busses, almost 24 hours in operation, very safe and clean; day and weekly passes for tourist which include reduced entrance fees for many sightseeing's available.
Even so, cycling is the way to go in Vienna, Bicycles will get you from A to B quicker than anything else in the city. They have many advantages over walking especially when sightseeing. Check the cycling stand besides the larger subway stops. First hour cycling is for free and you can drop off at most subway stations. The bicycle path network is more than 1,050 kilometers long.
Bicycles are allowed on the underground from 9 am to 3 pm and after 6 pm on weekdays, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Half-price tickets at EUR 0.90 each are required for transportation.
We reply to ALL inquiries within 6 hours, please feel free to ask any question, we'll be glad to answer! Please check your SPAM box if you dont hear from us.
We are offering free taxi / pick up service from the Airport in Vienna for a maximum of 4 persons for a minimum reservation of four days.
Other Things to Note
Our apartment gets professionally cleaned after each visit and we need approx. 4 hours between ceck out and check in.
We will send you with the confirmed booking an electronic guest leaflet with all needed informations as emergency numbers, internet settings, restaurant / event tips, transport info
Favorite Restaurants: More in our Guest leaflet
MARTINS RESTAURANT (best dry aged beef in vienna)
Ask for Martin the Chef
Gumpendorferstrasse 16 | 1060 Wien (6. Bezirk - Mariahilf)
Tel: (0)1 9740136
RESTAURANT MEDITERRAN IM SCHUBERT
open 7 days a week
Phone: +43 – 1 – 533 19 97
SOON TO CAME:
Woodridge Lake in the rolling hills of Litchfield County, Connecticut. 2 hours from NYC
Private house with lake and clubhouse privileges including boating, tennis, heated swimming pool, fitness center etc. Region is well known for cycling, golfing, horseback riding and Summer events such as Tanglewood Summer Music.
Riverdale, New York City. One bedroom/one bath complete apartment. Quiet, beautiful area along the Husdon River. Very close to Manhattan with excellent public transportation.
Perfect location for family members needing affordable, extended-stay accommodations near Columbia Presbyterian and other NYC hospitals and universities.
Keywords: Art deco, modern, location, rental Vienna, property to rent vienna, amenities, activities, funky luxury, value, special offer, Apartment, Apartments Vienna, Condominium Vienna, flat Vienna, holiday letting Vienna, business apartment, funky, luxurious, vienna-rental
- On floor 1
- 680 sq. ft.
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 2-3
- King size beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Bathtub and Shower combined.
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Catering Available
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Elevator building, free on street parking, gated entrance
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Perfect infrastructure, all shops for daily needs including farmers market are within a 5 minutes leisure walk. There are numeros Restaurants and Bakeries within walking distance and we certainly wil advice you on our favorites for breakfast lunch and dinner Railway Main Station, largest of Europe (Hauptbahnhof), 15 min. walk through pedestrian area or two subway stations, UNO-City with U1 direct from Door to Door 18 minutes Vienna University of Economics and Business 15 min walk from apartment. Fitness: Laaer Mountain (Hill) approx. 0.9 mile Fitness Center approx. 0.5 mile Fun Place to Visitapprox. 1 mile: Bohemian Prater The amusement park was built in the second half of the 19th Century. From the original factory canteen of Vienna brickworks was at this time the first Ausflugsgasthaus Laa on the mountain. In 1883, already had numerous fairground families settled in the Bohemian Prater. This came as the workers of the brick factory, mainly from the Austrian crown lands of Bohemia and Moravia , and were thus its name to this new attraction in Vienna. In the following years there was a steady increase in the amusement park. During the Second World War , on 11 December 1944 the Bohemian Prater was almost completely destroyed by a bomb attack. After the reconstruction in the postwar years, he finally took on its current appearance. Great Outdoor places with live music and draft beer New Railway Main Station (Hauptbahnhof), 15 min. walk through pedestrian area or two subway stations, Secession Building VIENNA ~2.69 miles from Favoriten city center The large, white, cubic Secession building was designed by the architect Joseph Maria Olbrich in 1897 as the manifesto of the Secessionist movement (see p25) and the exhibition hall opened in October 1898. Most of the original interior was looted during World War II and the building was left in a desolate state until the passion for Viennese Art Nouveau was rediscovered in the 1970s and the pavilion rescued from decay. Today it is one of the most treasured examples of a particularly Viennese artistic period. The Wotruba Church, Liesing (Tram 60 to the Maurer Lange Gasse stop). A beautiful cubist church on the top of a hill overlooking the woods. There is also an open air planetarium next to the church. Gasometer, Simmering (directly at subway station U3 Gasometer), If you are interested in the combination of new modern with old historic architecture, take a trip to the gasometers that has been revitalized from gas-tanks to new multi-functional buildings. The gasometers are four former gas tanks, built as part of the Vienna municipal gas works Gaswerk Simmering in 1896-1899. They were used from 1899 to 1984 as gas storage tanks. In the time between 1984 and 1997 the gasometers were used as a film location (James Bond: The Living Daylights) Lainzer Tiergarten, Liesing (at the border to the forest; tram 49 to its last stop, then you need to walk for about five minutes to Nikolaitor; in winter or when you want to visit the mansion tram 60 or 62 to Hermesstrasse station and then change to bus 60B (goes only every half hour), take the bus to the final stop, just a five minute ride). Various, but usually Mid Feb-mid Nov 8AM-dusk. A beautiful natural reserve used to be the Emperor's private hunting wood with the fancy Hermesvilla, the favorite mansion of Empress Sisi. In summer you can see wild pigs, deer, and many Viennese families. Has several 2-10 km hiking trails, as well as a variety of wildlife. You can see the animals get fed at 2PM every day. Ask any park attendant where the location is. The world's largest Klimt collection at Wien Museum The world's largest and most diverse Klimt collection is on display at Wien Museum. In addition to 411 drawings, Klimt's famous 'Portrait of Emilie Flöge' is exhibited. Otto Wagner's Stadtbahn PavilionsOtto Wagner, the pioneering architect of Vienna's Art Nouveau era, was the designer in charge of the construction of Stadtbahn, a rail service running underground in some sections, as an elevated system in others, around 1900. Vienna Museum Karlsplatz. Here, is the history of Vienna is documented, starting with the first settlements on the Danube and the Vindobona camp on the northern border of the Roman Empire, to the residence of the dukes of Babenberg and the 640 years of Habsburg rule, right up to the present time. Belvedere, See Gustav Klimt's legendary painting 'The Kiss' as well as major works by Schiele and Kokoschka for yourself. You’ll be delighted by the magnificent ba-roque palace complex and its extensive gardens. Porgy & BessPorgy & Bess is a jazz and music club with a varied program. In addition to the club program with concerts of Austrian and international musicians, the club also focuses on unusual and interesting music. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Best apartment in Vienna
Best apartment in Vienna
We had planned to stay for about 2weeks and, because of a medical emergency, we stayed for almost a month. Martin allowed us to stay in the apartment longer than reserved and saved us a hotel stay. The apartment itself was perfect for our stay. The location was so close to the underground and bus lines. The neighborhood was so safe for walking at all times. The apartment was large,comfortable and extremely clean. All you needed were your clothes. It felt like your home away from home!!! I would highly recommend it!!!
- Guest Lynn W. (Where do you live?)
- Date of stay 10/24/13
- Review Submitted 03/05/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Dear Lynn, we are sorry that you had an medical emergency during your stay, and we are grateful that we have been able to help in this difficult situation. Thank you again for your nice review and we are looking forward seeing you all in Vienna. Regards, Martin
We will be back!
We will be back!
We were met downstairs by the caretaker Marcella. She was great from start to finish, spoke very good English. She pointed out to us all interesting spots surrounding the area including how the subway works. Soo Easy! Very organized, friendly and great response when we called her for some additional info. The apartment was super clean and very comfortable. Loved the American king size bed. Never thought to find original knoll furniture in a rental apartment. The apartment is not in the center but with the sub in 5 min. At st. Stephens cathedral, 4 minutes to the opera house. If you are looking for a nice comfortable and relaxed location, I highly recommend this place.
- Guest Frank M. (Miami, Panama City )
- Date of stay 01/02/14
- Review Submitted 03/04/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Thank you and we are looking forward seeing you All again! Regards, Martin
Unfortunately my husband had a last minute, serious medical problem and we had to cancel. Their response was thoughtful and considerate. Thank you, Martin and your lovely mother. We hope to be back in the near future. Sincerely, Jennie McAdam
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 12/16/13
- Review Submitted 12/26/13
Owner response: Dear Jennie Our thoughts are with you and we hope everything will work out for the best. We will credit your deposit for any future reservation for you and your family! We wish you a happy and prosperous New Year ! regards Martin
The apt location is one of it's best features. On a quite street and just a short walk to the trains. Lots of markets,resturants, shopping within walking distance. The apt has a well stocked kitchen, which helped on those days when eating out was tiresome. We would recommend this place for anyone to stay while visiting Vienna. Martin left us lots of great tips too. The airport pick up was very much appreciated also.
- Guest Kat (Florida)
- Date of stay 08/18/13
- Review Submitted 09/05/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Dear Tom & Kathy it was such a pleasure having you, and we are looking forward seeing you again. regards Martin
Solo me queda decir que es un lugar maravilloso, mi amiga y yo pasamos una semana increible, ademas que el apartamente tenia todo lo necesario y lo mejor de todo es que estaba cerca del mercado lo cual nos hizo mucho mas facil todo, tiene una ubicacion excelente y el servicio que nos brindaron tambien fue excelente. Sinceramente se los recomiendo y espero que disfruten y tengan un excelente estadia como lo tuve yo!!!
- Guest AnaC (Mexico)
- Date of stay 05/01/13
- Review Submitted 09/04/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, tourists without a car.
Good stay at Classy Vienna Rental
Good stay at Classy Vienna Rental
We found this apartment easily, and it was very well located for getting in and out of downtown Vienna. However, the area around it appears to be a lower class immigrant area, and the yard area was not all that clean, nor was the entrance to the building. Once inside the apartment it was very nice and was well equipped with everything we needed. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the bedding. The cheap brushed nylon sheets are awful. But the bed was great, good internet connection. We enjoyed our stay, felt safe and had everything we needed. I would recommend it.
- Guest CO (Canada)
- Date of stay 06/30/13
- Review Submitted 07/10/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Dear Clare, thank you so much for your review. Yes you are right the 10th district always has been a melting pot of nations and very well known for its multi cultural aspect and charm. The yard and entrance is a being repaired and upgraded over the summer as we had frost damage last winter. My apologies of the inconvenience, also for your bed linen which are usually 100% cotton, there are multiple back ups and a short email or phone call could have sorted it immediately. Thank you again for your stay and looking forward seeing you again
A wonderful apartment for two in Vienna
A wonderful apartment for two in Vienna
This was a really good apartment in Vienna. The location in a quiet residential neighborhood is ideal. The five minute walk to a major subway station was perfect. Once on the subway the entire city is available in a short time. I would and plan to use the apartment again the next time we are in Austria. I would give the apartment a score of five except for two items. First, the facility is a bit old and dated; however, that certainly could add to the charm. Secondly, a couple of things need to be repaired. One is the washing machine which clearly needs work. Also, the handles are coming off of the closet doors in the bedroom. It makes opening them problematic. If those items are repaired, the apartment is a winner. By the way, Martin's suggestions for neighborhood restaurants, ice cream, etc. are all really good and extremely helpful. The farmer's market cannot be beaten.
- Guest Normando (San Jose, CA)
- Date of stay 06/12/13
- Review Submitted 06/23/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Hi Norman, thank you so much for staying in our apartment and great to hear you had a save trip home, regards Martin
Awesome value for money loved the free airport pick up
Awesome value for money loved the free airport pick up
My wife and I stayed here with our 10 year old daughter. The apartment is perfectly located, just besides Dr. Reumanplatz with sausage, subways, banks, supermarkets and shops, streetcars, Tichy the best ice cream in vienna 3 minutes away. With the U2 subway it was only 5 minutes to St. Charles Cathedral. At the same time, even so its very central it is very private, that we slept with windows open and were not bothered by street noise at all The accommodations is very clean and completely adequate.Very comfortable king size bed.It looks like the owners are passionate chefs so perfectly the kitchen is equipped. High speed didn't work the first couple of hours but was fixed right away. The rooms are very high with large windows, which gives the apartment plenty of natural light.Small washing machine and dishwasher was very handy. Fantastic value for money. Definitely to recommend, also loved all the help and information's we received, Martin the owner was really on top. the King Family
- Guest The Kings Family (Miami)
- Date of stay 04/09/13
- Review Submitted 06/07/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Thank you for your kind words and i'm happy that the tips worked out so great for you. Specially the Amalien bath 3 minutes away is perfect for a rainy day to visit. All the best Martin!
Martin's apartment was lovely. The location was great - right near the metro which took us into Central Vienna easily and quickly. All conveniences are located close by. The property was immaculate and well furnished and maintained. Martin was really helpful and answered all our questions quickly by email prior to our arrival. We would highly recommend Martin's apartment to anyone staying in Vienna.
- Guest Contented Australian Tourists (Australia)
- Date of stay 12/13/12
- Review Submitted 01/29/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Thank you Lynne and it was a pleasure having you all. It looks we are by now the unoffical austrialian head quarter in vienna gggg. We appreciate staying with us and we are looking forward seeing you all again. Martin
As good if not better then promised!
As good if not better then promised!
We spent a week in the apartment in early January. We often rent apartments when traveling and sometimes are disappointed with what is supplied. This apartment was terrific! Comfortable couch and chairs, good bed,lots of storage, and a kitchen that is good for basics or cooking a full meal. And clean with good lighting. The location is also wonderful. Barely 5 minutes to the u1 and from there to anyplace in the city is an easy ride. We had a wonderful walk one day to the belvedere to see the 150 year Klimt exhibit. I always like being in a neighborhood rather then being in the tourist center of the city. The Apartment and neighborhood made us feel as if we were really living here. One other important thing is how responsive Martin is. Any question you have just email him and you will quickly get an answer. Hope you enjoy your stay in vienna and remember...stores are mostly closed on Sunday so plan your shopping! And enjoy Martin's excellent coffee.
- Guest Off the beaten track (New Jersey USA)
- Date of stay 01/03/13
- Review Submitted 01/09/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with teenagers.
Owner response: It was such a pleasure having you. Your knowledge on insider restaurants in vienna is just amazing. Well if i have a change i send you some of my special coffee. Thank you again for your stay, Martin
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Oct 31, 2014
4 night min stay
Dec 1 - Jan 5
4 night min stay
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Payment: Paypal, bank draft, Credid Card.
No refund for no show, late or early departure
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Vienna Airport at 12 Miles
- Nearest Train: Vienna Hauptbahnhof (Main Railway Station) at 1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: A2 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Altes Beisl at 0.5 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: I'm in the export import business and travel extensively during the year. My mother is helping me with the rentals. As you can see on my profile having great fun finding insider restaurants and unique wine producers as i'm also a certified Sommelier before somebody else does. Enjoy extensive cycling rides in the surrounding areas which are just spectacular.
Why the Owner Chose Vienna:
I stayed in this place in the late 90ties as a friend of mine owned it, and fell in love with it. Bought it 2009 as he moved to Hungary (recently married) Very quite and secluded located, but still only minutes away to public transport (only 6 minutes to St Stephen's Catherdral, 4 minutes to St. Charles Church - Karls Kirche and the tunnel tour of The Third Man - you have to see it and afterwards the movie is just around the corner). Easy Access to the airport and highway, the new Suedbahnhof (largest Railway station Europe) is 15 minutes walking distance. It is very central and has a vast amount of parks and recration areas. Also there is almost daily a large Farmers' market with the freshest produce, very reasonable priced, Approx. 50% less than in the surrounding supermarkets. I love the idea of hopping on the subway and being in the center in less than 5 minutes but just as great to leave the touristy area behind. Perfectly marked cycling path brings you in 10 minutes to the center and further on to the Blue Danube Island and for the more experienced cyclers up to Bratislava.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The location is very central and has its charm of the imperial time. The architecture is turn of the century and Art Deco; a must see to appreciate! 18 minutes per subway to United Nations 15 minute walk to the Technical University www.böhmischerprater.athttp://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/slideshow-photo/amalien-bath-inside-vienna-austria.html?sid=92183054&fid=upload_13387799928-tpfil02aw-19526 The area is greatly linked with all parts of Vienna by underground, bus and tram lines. 6 minutes to St. Stephen Cathedral. 4 Minutes to St. Charles Cathedral Supermarket, Farmers market, Top local Restaurants all within 5 minutes walking distance. http://www. meixners-gastwirtschaft.at Amalienbad build early 1900 is only two minutes away and is one of Vienna's finest indoor swimming pools, combining excellent swimming infrastructure and picturesque interiors.
- Primary: +1345 9254559 Business hours and Weekends
- Secondary: +1 9179910222 Business hours and Weekends
Fe February / March 2014 Stay for 5 nights - pay for 4
Living, Dining Room with a sofa-bed, relaxing, TV and internet
Large, bright, cool Bed Room faces the court yard.
Old Fashioned bath tube and shower, my favourite spot
Walking District, shopping, urban coffee shops, Farmers market, 2 minutes away
UNO City 18 min direct from our apartment with U1 Door to Door
U1 goes in 6 minutes to St. Stephans Cathedral, 5 minutes away from apartment
ATM machine 4 minute walk
7A brings you directly to westbahnhof, 3 minutes from the apartment
Daily Farmers Market 7 min from apartment
Bicycles available on almost all subway stations, first hour for free!
31. Vienna City Marathon, 13. April 2014
Building is from the turn of the century, 1903
15 Walk Vienna University of Economics and Business apartment
Anton Church in Winter, 2 minutes walking distance
Vienna the place to be for Christmas & New Year !
numerous supermarkets in walking distance
Amalien Bath glamorous Art Deco swimming facility built in 1926 3 min. walk
Boehmischer Prater, a classic apprx. 15 min
Musik Verein at night, photo by philipp richter
Alles Waltz - All Waltz
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Friday, February 21, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.