This is lake living at its finest. The Cabin on Candlelight perfectly combines upscale cabin interior, beautiful lake views, large outdoor patios, and lakefront complete with a private dock to make your summer vacation complete. Candlelight is located on the northwest shore of Canyon Ferry Lake. This is the high-rent district on Canyon Ferry as it offers a true mountain/lake experience. There just are not other vacation properties available in this highly coveted area. At only 17 miles from Helena and 95 miles from Bozeman, it is an easy (perfect?) weekend getaway.
The interior for the ‘cabin’ was remodeled a few years ago. The kitchen has brand new appliances and the wood burning stove ensures that you have the full cabin experience. We have recently grey-washed the walls and painted the windows white to give it a more modern lake feel. Three distinct living areas allow for groups to easily co-exist. The main unit is comprised of 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. The 550 square feet ‘anchor’ has a fantastic view of the lakefront inlet but bear in mind that it does not have a bathroom. The bunkhouse (900 square feet) above the garage also does not have a bath. One shower you ask? Remember, this is lake living.
Yes, the interior is beautiful, but where are you going to spend all of your time? Outside. This is where the property exceeds all expectations. The deck off the main unit is 600 square feet of perfection. It is a huge gathering place with tremendous views of the private inlet and the greater Canyon Ferry Lake. Just for kicks, there is a second stone patio along the side of the main unit which includes a fire pit, barbeque, and much more room to congregate. If that wasn’t enough, there is also maintained grass/yard opposite of the lake to throw around a frisbee or football.
What more could you want?
A few things to keep in mind:
- There are multiple spaces in driveway for toys such as boats/campers
- The stairs to the dock are fairly steep/old and include multiple landings. They are not handicap accessible. There will be multiple warnings heeded to anyone who chooses to rent this property; you are assuming the risk of utilizing the stairs to reach the waterfront. You will be required to sign an agreement that includes this understanding.
- Furnishings are being changed and updated pictures will be posted
- As mentioned, all bathrooms are located in the main unit
- Keep in mind this is real lakefront, not a few minutes away as other listings on Canyon Ferry show
- 10% discounts on stays of a week (20% on monthly stays)
- This place is really awesome.